FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 AdhocToUSB CFW PSP Plug-in with Windows XP 32-bit. View next topic
View previous topic
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AdhocToUSB CFW PSP Plug-in with Windows XP 32-bit.

This guide was written for Windows XP 32-bit (I used my 5 year old Media Center p/c to do it) using a PSP Slim 2000 with CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 and it is not known how Win XP 64-bit would differ to the 32-bit set-up at this time.

Incidentally, I decided to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter first, contrary to Yuki's install guide. This was because the loopback adapter install seemed to confuse some users so I thought I'd tackle it first - it doesn't really matter which order it's done in, just as long as all steps are followed exactly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you will need:

1) A PSP with a compatible custom firmware (CFW) Google to find the downloads attached to YOUR PSP's CFW:

For users with: 6.60 ME-1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7/1.8, PRO-B9/B10 & GOD-A:

For users with: 6.35 PRO-B2 to B10, Neur0n's 6.35 CFW beta v17 Fix2, 6.35 GOD-A, 6.37 ME-6 Fix2/7/7Fix/8, 6.38 ME-1/2/3 & 6.39 ME/PRO/GOD:

For users with: 6.20 TN-D, 6.20 PRO B2/B4/B5/B6/B7/B8/B9(NIGHTLY) B10 & 6.20 GOD-A:
**NB** 6.20 TN-E Fix DOES NOT SEEM TO BE COMPATIBLE and,

For users with: 5.03 GEN-C, 5.03 CFW Enabler 3.7, 5.50 GEN-B, 5.50 GEN-D2/D3, 5.50 GEN-D3 Prometheus (Versions 1 - 4)

2) A PSP to P/C USB cable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should now have all the required programs and files - time to start installing stuff!

I - Installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter.

1) Click Start then open Control Panel

If you are in Classic View, click Switch to Category View under Control Panel in the left pane:

2) Double-click Printers and Other Hardware and then hit next.

3) Under See Also in the left pane, click Add Hardware and then hit next:

4) Next click Yes, I have already connected the hardware and click next:

5)At the bottom of the list, click Add a new hardware device then hit next:

6) Hit Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, and then click next:

7) Click Network Adapters, then click next:

8) In the Manufacturer box, click Microsoft:

9) In the Network Adapter box, highlight the Microsoft Loopback Adapter then hit next:

10) Click finish:

You may now get this message:

To complete the loopback adapter install, you'll probably need to assign an IP address to it.

11) Right-click on the icon representing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter (the one with a ! symbol on it) and then select Open Network Connections:

12) Next, highlight the Microsoft Loopback Adapter network connection, right-click on it, then select Properties:

13) In the General tab, highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then hit Properties:

A word on IP addresses:

Most networks use IP addresses that either start with 10.0.xxx, 172.16.xxx or 192.168.xxx. Each network device will need to have an IP address. All IP addresses on my network start with 192.168.xxx - therefore I gave the Loopback Adapter the address of: 192.168.1.250

The only value that should be different is in the final digits. That can range from 1 to 254. All you need to be sure is that NO OTHER DEVICE ON YOUR NETWORK HAS OR IS USING THE SAME IP ADDRESS.

If this makes no sense to you at all, try reading a bit here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address

14) After manually entering a valid IP address (or Static IP Address) you should now get the following:

15 You can check this by going into your Network Connections, selecting the Microsoft Loopback Adapter right-clicking on it and select Status:

16) Next, from the General tab, select the Support tab and you will see your manually configured, Static IP address:

That's the loopback adapter installed, next - install WinPcap.

II - Install WinPcap

17) Double-click the WinPcap installer:

18) Hit next to install it:

19) Finally, hit finish:

III - Install Xlink Kai.

20) Double-click the Xlinkkai 7.4.18 installer and hit next:

21) Install it to the directory of your choice:

22) Hit next and end with clicking finish:

23) Now, goto Start, Xlink Kai then Configure Kai:

24) Once this opens, complete the fields as shown with your personal XTag and password, language, making sure to select the Microsoft Loopback Adapter from the drop-down list of Network Adapters. Finally hit Save:

UPDATE: Some users have found to get their bridge working, they need to check the 'Winpcap' option in the Kai Configuration options. Try it if you experience problems:

That done, it's now time to to get your PSP and install the Plug-in.

IV - Install the Plug-in to your PSP.

25) Connect your PSP to p/c via the USB cable.

26) Put AdhocToUSB.prx in ms0:/seplugins/ (0 being the drive letter of your PSP):
For PSPGo users put AdhocToUSB.prx in ef0:/seplugins/(0 being the drive letter of your PSPGo):

27) Also, add ms0:/seplugins/AdhocToUSB.prx 1 to ms0:/seplugins/game.txt
Important !!! If you are a PSPGo user add ef0:/seplugins/AdhocToUsb.prx 1 to ef0:/seplugins/game.txt

*NOTE* If the Game text file is missing, create one and hit save. Reboot your PSP and enable the Adhoc to USB plug-in via the PSP 'Recovery Menu'.

**IMPORTANT** PLEASE DISABLE ALL OTHER PLUG-INS THAT REQUIRES THE USB CABLE TO BE CONNECTED.

28) Run the game of your choice on your PSP and enter it's online/adhoc mode. PLEASE ENSURE THE PSP USB CABLE IS NOT CONNECTED AT THIS TIME.

For the purposes of this guide, I used Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (or MHU). Enter the online Gathering Hall 01:

That done, back to your p/c and install the PSP Type B Driver.

V - Install the PSP Type B Driver.

28) Double-click the PSP Type B installer and hit next:

29) Now agree to the EULA:

30) Hit finish to complete the install:

VI - Using XLink Kai.

31) Goto Start, All Prgrames, Xlink Kai then Start Kai:

32) Then make your way to the arena of your choice by clicking the Game Arenas button at the top-middle of the Kai Web UI:

33) If after a minute or two you get the following screen/message - don't worry! You only need to Port forward which i'll try to demonstrate next:

Alternative method for portforwarding: http://teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:port_forwarding

34) OK, so now you need to know the IP address of the p/c running Xlink Kai.

35) Right-click on the icon that represents your Internet Connection (NOT the Loopback adapter connection) and select Status:

36) You should now see something similar to the following:

37) Hit the Support tab and make a note of your IP Address and Subnet Mask:

**NOTE** A word on IP Addresses.

The Address Type in the screenshot shows my IP Address for my internet connection is Assigned by DHCP which essentially means my router has assigned that IP Address for my p/c on my network itself.

This means it can change, which means port forwarding is a bit of a pain. If you don't set a static IP Address, you might have to change the address to which you port forward to each time you reboot your router and/or your p/c.

Given that I havn't set a Static IP Address (like the one we gave for the loopback adapter) I can still show you how I port forward to the one I do have. Take note that the last digits of mine are .67.

38) First, click Start then Run and type in the IP Address of your router, in my case, it's http://192.168.1.254:

39) You may then have to enter a username and password but once logged in, you should try to find an option that allows you to enter port forwarding rules. On my router, it's called Game and Application Sharing.

Here you need to forward port UDP 30000 to the IP Address of the p/c that is running Kai Again, note the IP address I entered is 192.168.1.67:

Hit Apply or Save depending on router model and you should now be port forwarded!

Use this to check your ports are forwarded: http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

And check out: http://portforward.com/ for general port forwarding info.

VII - Using the Bridge.exe.

40) From the AdhocToUSBALLFILESv2.zip file, drag and drop the bridge.exe (or just Bridge for the purposes of this guide) to your desktop and double-click to run it:

41) **NOTE** If after you try to run the Bridge you get an error message about a missing LibUSB0.dll, simply extract it from the .rar file (you should have already downloaded it) and drag and drop it onto the Bridge icon.

42) Restart the Bridge, then select WHATEVER NUMBER THAT CORRESPONDS TO THE MS LOOPBACK ADAPTER, in my case, I select number 2 (but yours maybe different) and press Enter:

43) Now connect your PSP to your p/c via your USB cable. You may then get the following message in the bottom-right of your taskbar:

44) The Found new hardware wizard will open, so just check the No, not this time option followed by next:

45) At the next screen, check the Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) option and next:

46) Then, check the Don't search, I will choose the driver to install option, followed by next:

47) Highlight PSP Type B then next:

48) To complete this part of the installation, hit finish:

49) Back to the Bridge on your p/c, it may now be showing errors like this:

If this happens, just close the Bridge and restart it, hopefully you'll now get something like this:

50) To finish it all, start Kai and head to the arena of the game you are playing:

Then hit your Metrics button (in the upper-middle of the Web UI) It should like this:

**NOTE** There should be a MAC Address showing where mine is blacked out.

Now check out your PSP and there should be players starting to appear.

If you've followed everything correctly and still no-one appears on your PSP, try first restarting Kai (a Rekai) and/or secondly, rebooting your p/c - which seems to cure alot of problems...

Fin.

Respect to Yuki-Mi for creating this Plug-in.
Guide/screenshots by Hawk_The_Slayer.
Images resized twice thanks to Narolf!

Adhoc to USB compatible gamelist here: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39665

Comments, game test results, problems etc, please post here:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39541

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic