FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 PS2 Slim - Trying to Connect - Reachable: Not Yet Error... View next topic
View previous topic
Haunted360
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, this is a very quick post but how do I configure Xlink Kai to WORK?

I have forwarded port 30000, UPNP on ALL
I have got my PS2 Slim PLUGGED INTO a ROUTER that goes to the MODEM (Cross Over Cable)
I have Xlink all installed correctly

And I get this: reachable: Not Yet

And my PS2 does not show in the list..

I have of course, tried following many tutorials - but when your new to something, it is tricky. Especially when the tutorials are terrible.

Please give me some advice / quick help to trouble shoot it. I Believe I have done EVERYTHING correct so far...

Thanks
FAOS
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you followed this guide : http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:ps2_manual_config
Haunted360
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did.

I got confused however, where it had...

(Step 2 - D)

"This is where you'll enter in the IP & Sub-net values the PS2 IP Calculator produced for you. Set your Authentification to “No,” your Use DHCP to “No,” and Use auto DNS to “Yes.” Under Use DHCP you'll notice that you can now manually enter in values for your IP address and your netmask (which is your Sub-net values from the IP Calculator). Enter in your values, and then select “OK.” Your PS2 will automatically save this configuration to your memory card."

I am configuring Tony Hawks Pro Skateboarder 3, and there is

- Gateway
- IP Address
- Subnet MAsk
- Host Name

Where do I put that information?

IE: Is the Gateway the Mac Address (Of the PS2), inputed into the Gateway? And is the IP Address inputted with my Computers IP??

Thanks again! I would like to Play THPS3 Online!!
Michael_T
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For PS2 use this version : http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/XLinkKai-7.3.1.7-win32.msi
Haunted360
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am...

I mean, I have that version installed already -

I said that I got confused with the IP Addressing and Port Forwarding.

I have Forwarded MY Computer port to 30000 UPNP ALL - So both DHCP and the other one which name I forgot...

Any suggestions?
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why you would need to use a crossover cable from the router to the modem. Why don't you just use a normal ethernet cord?. Also, you really dont need to do all this mac address stuff for your ps2's network config. Those of use that use ps2 xlink all use automatic settings for the ps2 network confiurations (a game like jak x: combat racing does need a special network configuration though).

What you need to do is port forward port 30000 to your PC. First you need to setup a static IP address on your Computer. Once you have done that you go into your router and open up port 30000 for you computer's IP address. Xlink Kai should then say your network is reachable and it should detect your PS2.

If it still says your network is unreachable, it could be because of a software firewall on your PC.

Also, is your PC connected to the router with a ethernet cable or are you using wireless?

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm
Haunted360
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a normal Ethernet (CAT-5 - RJ-47) from my PS2 Slim, to my Hub / Switch an then to my Modem.

I have forwarded port 30000 as mentioned above twice,

And I have disabled ALL Firewall(s).

I have also got Tony Hawks Proskater 3 Running on my PS2 (Slim), and need to configure it I believe. But first, I need to solve the issue with the 'Reachable: Not Yet'.

So, I have also DISABLED / Turned off the DHCP Service from Administrative Options. I don't know what that does as I am on Windows VISTA. But when I turn on my Computer, I can not connect to the internet. And so, I turned it back on.

I am not using Wireless. I do have Wireless, but not to connect my PC to my PS2. That is all connected together by solid copper wire (CAT-5).

Any suggestions?

Remember: Windows VISTA. No Wireless - All CAT-5 connectivity. I have Version 7.3.1.7. PS2 Slim. Trying to solve 'Reachable: Not Yet' issue first...

Thanks.
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, where is your router? I dont know if you can get this working with a hub? Also do you happen to have 2 wired network cards on your PC? Because if you do you could just run an ethernet cord directly from your modem to the pc. Then you would turn on internet connection sharing. Then you would use a crossover cable from the 2nd network card to the ps2. If you disable your firewall, there should be no reason your xlink kai would say your network is unreachable.

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm
Haunted360
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha , yes. I do indeed have 2x Ethernet Ports on my Main / Motherboard.

I need to configure it then - and I do not know how. I am not the best when it comes to IP Administration. I am more in the Programming and Development side of things (VIA http://www.haunted360.com/ so you can understand what I mean)

Anyway, my Router is on my Desk plugged directly into my PC. No hub / switch / router from the MODEM to my PC. Just straight Copper wire Wink.

I did try this actually, but I could still not figure it out. IE: Configuring Xlink Kai for the INTERNET / MODEM Connection VIA Xlink Config. As you know how you can select your 'card' from the Drop-Down box?

There is not a really good tutorial out, so when I figure this all out, I will make the best N0ob Guide ever, and host it on my site (As seen above)

Thanks

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic