FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Xlink Aid Plug-in by Coldbird for CFW users View next topic
View previous topic
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We posted almost at the same time. I was just replying to your previous message that the way you worded it meant Ewan worked on the plugin while he didn't.
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Narolf wrote:
We posted almost at the same time. I was just replying to your previous message that the way you worded it meant Ewan worked on the plugin while he didn't.

All right, LOL, I will change the credits to:

Credits goes to Coldbird <-- For creating the awesome plugin & Ewan08 <-- For informing about the plugin

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gentlemen, I must say this plugin requires further investigation and testing. For those same reasons, I wish to make the following questions:

1. Do you need to have both SSID AND the last 8 digits of the MAC in the autojoin.txt, or just one of them?

2. Has anybody tested hosting and joining a game in which all participants have the plugin and have it enabled? Say, Gamer A hosts a game, Gamer B does NOT have his data on autojoin, yet both Gamer A and Gamer B have XLinkAid.prx installed and enabled. Since I believe I read the creator saying something about "making your SSID, which is supposed to change, remain the same (that is, when it's supposed to change, the values for the SSID are repeated, resulting in the same SSID), has this been tried? I won't pretend to be an expert on the matter, but if the plugin basically does that, wouldn't a scenario like that be theoretically possible? (If that's the case, man, this plugin should basically become standard issue for all XLink players with CFW).

3. Is there any way for us to organize examinations of the results of this plugin? Like, say, testing different SSID Swap games with this plugin and USBtoAdhoc.prx. I'd be thrilled to help with the testing of both Ace Combat: Joint Assault as well as Valkyria Chronicles II, two games recently released that suffer from dynamic SSIDs.

Sorry if it's a bit wordy, but I do believe further investigation of this plugin's capabilities could net favorable results for the community.

tl;dr: Isnt' there a way we can organize and test dynamic SSID games with other players that have USBtoAdhoc.prx as well as XLinkAid.prx?
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DrNewDCD wrote:
Gentlemen, I must say this plugin requires further investigation and testing. For those same reasons, I wish to make the following questions:

1. Do you need to have both SSID AND the last 8 digits of the MAC in the autojoin.txt, or just one of them?

2. Has anybody tested hosting and joining a game in which all participants have the plugin and have it enabled? Say, Gamer A hosts a game, Gamer B does NOT have his data on autojoin, yet both Gamer A and Gamer B have XLinkAid.prx installed and enabled. Since I believe I read the creator saying something about "making your SSID, which is supposed to change, remain the same (that is, when it's supposed to change, the values for the SSID are repeated, resulting in the same SSID), has this been tried? I won't pretend to be an expert on the matter, but if the plugin basically does that, wouldn't a scenario like that be theoretically possible? (If that's the case, man, this plugin should basically become standard issue for all XLink players with CFW).

3. Is there any way for us to organize examinations of the results of this plugin? Like, say, testing different SSID Swap games with this plugin and USBtoAdhoc.prx. I'd be thrilled to help with the testing of both Ace Combat: Joint Assault as well as Valkyria Chronicles II, two games recently released that suffer from dynamic SSIDs.

Sorry if it's a bit wordy, but I do believe further investigation of this plugin's capabilities could net favorable results for the community.

tl;dr: Isnt' there a way we can organize and test dynamic SSID games with other players that have USBtoAdhoc.prx as well as XLinkAid.prx?

Yes, you need both MAC adress & the SSID digits.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@DrNewDCD

You are better off asking them directly in their own forums imo:
http://bbs.celes-network.de/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28&p=51

This guide was stole...borrowed from their thread anyway.
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Narolf wrote:
@DrNewDCD

You are better off asking them directly in their own forums imo:
http://bbs.celes-network.de/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28&p=51

This guide was stole...borrowed from their thread anyway.

I didn't steal it LOL. I didn't know there was a tutorial thread for this on Kai forum before Hawk pasted the link. Stop saying I stole it Razz

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a potential to add on this autologin.txt. Can make it to store multiple SSID? So there will be more lesser chance to change them everytime a new host to join into. Spread to coders please. Thanks.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

khk1987 wrote:
There's a potential to add on this autologin.txt. Can make it to store multiple SSID? So there will be more lesser chance to change them everytime a new host to join into. Spread to coders please. Thanks.

Quote:
2.) Write the SSID digits after _L_ ... like fe7dffaf or 22334455 (MAX. 16 SSID's, without _L_ )

It can store up to sixteen SSIDs thus you have to replace the previous ones if you want to add more.
DrNewDCD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welp, doesn't seem like they have the answers I need in Celes Net. Since I want to assemble kai users with both plugins for testing purposes, I guess I'll make a thread recruiting users who might be interested in performing these tests.
kuso.wan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It works on ACEX2, but not sure if it works either when the ssid swappes the 2nd time.
Another bug is one have to restart the game after any connecttions, or you'll not be able to see any rooms. but I'm not sure this bug comes from xlinkaid or adhoctousb itself.
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kuso.wan wrote:
It works on ACEX2, but not sure if it works either when the ssid swappes the 2nd time.
Another bug is one have to restart the game after any connecttions, or you'll not be able to see any rooms. but I'm not sure this bug comes from xlinkaid or adhoctousb itself.

I think its from Xlink Aid but I really apreciate that you share your results! thank you! Very Happy

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DrNewDCD wrote:
Welp, doesn't seem like they have the answers I need in Celes Net. Since I want to assemble kai users with both plugins for testing purposes, I guess I'll make a thread recruiting users who might be interested in performing these tests.

Performing tests for what?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

About the ace combat X2 is the AdhocToUSB fault - everytime a game completed or disconnected. Have to restart the whole PSP to make that plugin to work again.
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

khk1987 wrote:
About the ace combat X2 is the AdhocToUSB fault - everytime a game completed or disconnected. Have to restart the whole PSP to make that plugin to work again.

It's SSID swap. To play Ace Combat X2, try the guide that is written in my signature.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

New result of testing this on Ace Combat X2:

I've successfully join, play and got the mission rewards.
Before that, I wrote a line to autojoin.txt, like this:

11223344 // last 8 digitals of host's ssid
acja0100 // the string of Ace Combat X2, for the 2nd swapping

and these DO work in playing the game.

Thus the only bug is I can't see any hosts after success finish playing the game. I have to quit ACEX2 and re-run bridge.exe to refresh my link. Hope this can be fixed.
Annhell
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, at least it works, but what about the rematch after finishing a mission?
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Annhell wrote:
well, at least it works, but what about the rematch after finishing a mission?

This hangs on Coldbird, he was the one that created the plugin.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

can't seem to get this working on Valkyria Chronicles 2.
this is what I did:
put xlinkaid.prx and xlinkaiduser.prx and autojoin.txt to seplugins and enable them on game.txt
open autojoin.txt and wrote my friend's MAC (formatted like 5B464CC8)

get to xlink kai arena, create a private arena, run the game, host the game, he joined, "Deploy" and a network error occurred

We're both using AdhocToUSB btw
Annhell
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

zephyranthez wrote:
can't seem to get this working on Valkyria Chronicles 2.
this is what I did:
put xlinkaid.prx and xlinkaiduser.prx and autojoin.txt to seplugins and enable them on game.txt
open autojoin.txt and wrote my friend's MAC (formatted like 5B464CC8)

get to xlink kai arena, create a private arena, run the game, host the game, he joined, "Deploy" and a network error occurred

We're both using AdhocToUSB btw

did you also try both exchange mac? not only 1way
zephyranthez
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

we both had each others' mac in the xlinkaid

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic