View previous topic
dk.psychosematic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jmel wrote:
dk.psychosematic wrote:
jmel wrote:
it seems there has to be something for those without modded boxes to do...

As far as I know I think if they have everything updated they can't play with someone who has not done the updates ...

-dk.psychosematic

I think you misuderstood me Smile

I mean, it seems like there has to be a way for non modded box users to get rid of those updates easily.

Sorry I did! Wink

I deleted the maps out of that folder using the msdash after I was done with live so i don't see why anyone else wouldn't be able to do it (though i never had live long enough to download the patch so that "cheats" couldn't be used anymore, so I don't know if you are able to delete that one or not) ... they would just have to redownload the updates when they got on live the next time ... so if anyone else HAS done this please let us know!!

Are you talking about the link that I posted "memory manage"?!!? Confused

-dk.psychosematic
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
gmAn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

prestige wrote:
ftp to you box and delete the contents of this folder:
/E:/TDATA/55530013/

Then you will be back in action!

-prestige

I just deleted out of my xbox what he said to do and it works!

Thank you!!!

Now if only I could do that for Crimson Skies.
DJC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry the only way to do this with a non modded box is to hack it alittle Wink

with a action replay and the 007 hack you can get ftp acsses to your xbox hdd, and the modify the file. there is no way to delete the update through the m$ dash. Crying or Very sad
dk.psychosematic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DJC wrote:
sorry the only way to do this with a non modded box is to hack it alittle Wink

with a action replay and the 007 hack you can get ftp acsses to your xbox hdd, and the modify the file. there is no way to delete the update through the m$ dash. Crying or Very sad

thank you for the clarification!! Now I know ... so if someone asks it can tell them too!! Very Happy
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
p_funk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Evil or Very Mad Still having troubles with my friends and seeing games over kai, tried the TDATA folder still doesn't work. Evil or Very Mad

We actually got three xboxes together in the same room and tried to do a system link game and only 2 xboxes could see each other. The TDATA folders of the two that could see each other were 1)empty and 2)had a c$ folder with maps.

So the TDATA folder isn't the issue it seems. Question

Things we noticed odd about the third xbox was that there was a live account. We deleted that, so the third xbox has an empty TDATA folder now.... and it still can't see or be seen by the other two boxes. We tried putting in the c$ folder from the second box, still "No Matches Found". Strange thing however is that the third xbox, which seems "out of the loop", is able to see games through Kai, and the first two are not.

Could there be another folder/setting somewhere else that needs to be changed? Possibly live related? The source for the game is all the same, all xboxs have the same maps. Surprised

I think I've narrowed it down to a R6/xbox live? issue, as cs works perfectly fine in system link and through kai.

Anyone seen anything that might be helpful with this issue? Mad I'm dying without my r6.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic