View previous topic
SeaWolf69
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? yes
Are you using a port-forward? no
Is your console being detected? yes
Brief description of your network setup: Dl-624 wireless 4 port router, but PC and XBox are hardwired to the router.
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? Windows XP Pro firewall - I turn it off to ftp to pc & play kai.
Operating System? WindowsXP Pro + SP2
Problem description? I cannot see any games on tv?

[KaiUserConfig]
kaiPort=0
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=any
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=0
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=OFF
kaiAutoLogin=on
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default

Ok,

For awhile I couldn't get it network reachable, it kept saying "not yet" , I checked out most of the forum responses to this problem and I entered my xbox mac address in the wireless section in kai config real mac address and it would finally become network reachable. Now I cannot see any games? I see the other users ping & info, but no luck, trying to play Halo 2, will try other games later today. Do I have to enter a virtual mac address as well? How does that work, were does the xbox mac address go? I even went through XMC and same thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

SeaWolf69
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK. Remove the wireless stuff you put in, it's not needed. With the DI-624 you don't need portforwarding. In fact what you're saying seems completely wrong because you said you put in a wireless translation relationship into the Kai Config Tool, but I don't see it anywhere in your config file.

Also, seems like you've got an older build there as there's some config options missing. Do the whole, un-install, delete folder, re-download from website, re-install, auto-update procedure.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm?,

I just downloaded the the software last week or so? Anyways, I'll try what you asked, I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Ok,

I have done everything you said, uninstalled & deleted folder, re-downloaded kai version 7.0.5.2, setup config tool and I'm network reachable and console is detected, but I still don't see any games? Also, I have Norton 2005, I had to turn off the worm protection or it keeps prompting me to permit internet access for Xlink. I have just now excluded Kai in Nortons and it has stopped, also excluded it in Windows firewall and that works as well. I have tried to exclude 0.0.0.1 IP, but it won't let me add "." in there? What else can I do?

SeaWolf69
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you just tried it with Norton not installed?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep,

I just tried that, I tried each of the settings on network adaptor, enabled show dangerous NICs, etc.. Still can't see any games? Starting to get discouraged :S. It would help me to know how long does it take to establish a connection normally? Should you see games immediately or does it take awhile to show up? When I'm on Kai, it seems to be downloading something, but after 20 mins I give up. Any other suggestions?
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I could use Remote Assistance with you sometime to set you up. MSN Messenger address in my profile. Add me whenever..

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well,

Dfunk & I spent many hrs on this and we couldn't get it to configure properly, I just would like thank him for all his efforts though. We did get it to work, but only in messenger mode with added contacts? Weird, probably has everything to do with the ZyXEL Prestige 645 adsl modem that I have, there are a couple other kai users in my town w/ the same modems (only game in the region :S), will have to ask them how they setup their networks? Again, thanks a bunch dfunk, I think that we got pretty damn close, I'll let you know how it turns out. Laters...

SeaWolf69
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my team we have a member that is from Alaska, I will speak with him about his setup and I will see if it is similar to yours and if so I will get you two in contact with each other. No promises but I will see what I can do.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hah,

You mean X5 something? Ira, yeah, I going to hit him up for the proper settings before I really mess up my current dsl modem settings and get cut off from the internet :S. It has happened before, but that was due to a random power outages due to severe weather, completely erased all the setting and was returned to the factory defaults. I will undo everything that I modified on the modem while it is still fresh in mind. I will talk to him tomorrow nite. I'm looking forward to hooking up all my consoles and Halo 2 is where its at right now!!! I hope to be able to link up to you guys from the comfort of my house rather than packing up my gear and linking up at the teen center and going through Ira's wireless bridge to get on kai & live. Thanks for the reply!

SeaWolf69
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SeaWolf69 wrote:
Hah,

You mean X5 something? Ira, yeah, I going to hit him up for the proper settings before I really mess up my current dsl modem settings and get cut off from the internet :S. It has happened before, but that was due to a random power outages due to severe weather, completely erased all the setting and was returned to the factory defaults. I will undo everything that I modified on the modem while it is still fresh in mind. I will talk to him tomorrow nite. I'm looking forward to hooking up all my consoles and Halo 2 is where its at right now!!! I hope to be able to link up to you guys from the comfort of my house rather than packing up my gear and linking up at the teen center and going through Ira's wireless bridge to get on kai & live. Thanks for the reply!

SeaWolf69

So you know X5? I have sent him a message and once he responds to it we will get some documentation on what needs to be done if you live in Alaska

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hah,

I live 4 houses down from him. I love to frag him, he goes out of his way to get you back Smile.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well damn man, you are in a better situation to find out what he has done then I am. Go wake his ass up and tell him that you need your Kai working on the fly. If he gives you any slack just tell him we will take the "SBD" name away from him Very Happy

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok,

X5 & I worked on it for a little over 2 hrs the other day and we could see a few games just once? Then it wouldn't work anymore? We configured the xp firewall, kai config tool, adsl modem, etc..? His setup is a little different than mine, he has a linksys router, but we configured as best we could. Still no luck, on a suggestion before he left, he said to try it with just a standard hub. I borrowed one from a friend and I tried this morning. At first it didn't work, so I went into my xbox and set the ip address to be in line with my modem & computer as the dlink wanted it to be 192.168.0.1 instead of 192.168.1.1. I fired up kai and it worked!!! It would work with both the pat turned on & off, so I'm not sure what would be the best settings?
So, the dlink router is just going to be my wireless internet access for my laptop & I'm going to buy a linksys hub a.s.a.p. I would like to give thanks out to everyone who took the time & effort to help me get online!! Hopefully I'll see you guys on Halo 2 in the near future. Laters....

SeaWolf69

Last edited by SeaWolf69 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gald you got it working man. That X5 is a hell of a guy! And I would keep PAT off.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok,

I will try it out. I did notice that some games were very laggy, but we also found out that I'm not getting a full 256/256 kbps that I'm paying for? I'll contact my ISP on monday and see what they say? Right now it saws that I'm getting 128 downstream/256 upstream? If that makes a difference at all? Laters...
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you will run into that problem a lot with the location of where you live. Just ask X5 and he will tell you. Best thing to do is stick to small games with 4-6 people playing in them. Don't shy from joining any and all games to find one that works best for you.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah SeaWolf, your connection to me sucked quite majorly. I was dying with how slow RA was with you. In fact, 256 / 256 shouldn't even be classified as broadband if you ask me. It's only like 5 times faster than the fastest dialup speed..

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah,

I figured as much, but not much I can do up here? T1 is available, but I tried to play just regular Halo PC and it was even worse Sad. Hopefully technology will get better up here?
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel sorry for you, but as least T1 is on offer. Over here you pay half a fortune to get broadband, because everything we do has to travel 10000km under the sea until we hit land..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic