FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 PS2/PS3 failed to configure View next topic
View previous topic
rTn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear,

I used the search function to get an answer on my problem but could'nt find the solution for my prob.

My PS3 is connected with cable to my Linksys WRT610N router. I enabled the DHCP server form the router and it's giving every device an ip starting from 192.168.1.100! I have reservated 192.168.1.102 for my PS3. And That's also what i see in my network status on my PS3.

My laptop, with Xlink Kai v7.3.1.7 installed on it, is connected trough my wireless network. In the Linksys WRTN610N I forwarded the ports from 30000 till 34522 with both protocols to the ip adress of my PS3, what is 192.168.1.102.

After that i start up the Kai Engine and the UI, i log in using my username and password and finally at last i start up my JB PS3.
Then when i click the magnify glass and then the folder icon it says my PS2/PS3 is not connected.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong :s As what i wrote is what is written in tutorials :s
rTn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nobody that can help me?
doom.life
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yo mate you should forward the ports to your laptop's ip and not your ps3 because the ps3 doesnt need the ports to be forwarded xlink kai on your pc does. Cool
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You do not need a static IP address on your PS3. Just setup an automatically configured network setting on your PS3. You only need to port forward to your PC that is running Xlink Kai.

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic