FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I have a question about Kirby Air Ride online? View next topic
View previous topic
RemixDeluxe
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What gameplay can I experience online with Kirby Air Ride. Is City Trial possible at all or is it just racing. Also is there a guide to setting up your gamecube to connect to xlink Kai server. Im very new to all of this and I dont know the first thing im suppose to do.
-Ricochet-
PSP Guru
PSP Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you know people that are going to play with you, there is no community for Gamecube anymore.
RemixDeluxe
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I have friends with a gamecube with Kirby Air Ride and their own broadband adapter to play against. Now will you please tell me whats available for me to do? Is City Trial possible at all to play online?
RemixDeluxe
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just did my very first LAN connectivity today. It was pretty exciting at first but then it got confusing and I have just a couple of questions.

1. I had 5 friends over, after we got the LAN synced up we decided to have 3 players on 1 GC and 2 on another. When we chose City Trial it only gave us the option to choose 4 players only. My question is if you can have up to 4 players on regular City Trial gameplay then why would I give a dam doing it over Lan. I was under the impression that you can have more players in City Trial.

2. Between Kirby Air Ride and Mario Kart Double Dash. Is it possible to have more than 4 players at the same time?
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

try here for answers to your questions as well .. http://onlineconsoles.com/ .. its a gamecube online community.

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have my gc setup for xlink kai and I have lan tunneled mario kart double dash with the program. I don't own kirby air ride yet though.

You should be aware that Gamecube games LAN tunnel pretty badly if you try to tunnel them over long distances. Unless you have very fast internet or the other Gamecube tunnelers live close to you (at least in the same state or nearby) the gameplay will be extremely laggy.

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RemixDeluxe wrote:
I just did my very first LAN connectivity today. It was pretty exciting at first but then it got confusing and I have just a couple of questions.

1. I had 5 friends over, after we got the LAN synced up we decided to have 3 players on 1 GC and 2 on another. When we chose City Trial it only gave us the option to choose 4 players only. My question is if you can have up to 4 players on regular City Trial gameplay then why would I give a dam doing it over Lan. I was under the impression that you can have more players in City Trial.

2. Between Kirby Air Ride and Mario Kart Double Dash. Is it possible to have more than 4 players at the same time?

Not sure if you're still reading this thread, but for the benefit of anyone else coming across it...

I haven't used KAR on LAN mode, but I have used both MKDD and 1080 on LAN. MKDD supports up to either 8 or 16 players depending on the game settings. 1080, however, only supports 4. I vaguely recall hearing on the Warp Pipe forums years ago that KAR was only 4 players on LAN, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case... Nintendo didn't give much attention to the GameCube LAN mode. MKDD, however, is very fun on LAN mode... get 8 players to have a Shine Thief battle on either Luigi's Mansion or Block City (I've done this before).
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
mechageno
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to play kirby air ride online. The thing is though i'm not sure if it is possible through the wii using xlink. Is it possible using another program maybe?
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mechageno wrote:
I'd like to play kirby air ride online. The thing is though i'm not sure if it is possible through the wii using xlink. Is it possible using another program maybe?

The GameCube's Broadband Adapter is not usable in the Wii's GameCube emulation mode. So at the moment, you're not able to play Kirby Air Ride online on the Wii. I'm currently developing a tool called GeckoTunnel which would, once finished, allow playing GameCube games online on the Wii using a USB Gecko adapter instead of a Broadband Adapter. This would work even for games that don't have their own LAN mode (GeckoTunnel has been successfully tested with Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, although currently it only enables LAN functionality, not online). GeckoTunnel also is expected to be much better at handling high pings than Kirby Air Ride's official LAN mode; GeckoTunnel doesn't need to wait for a round-trip every frame.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic