FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Xlink Kai Help! View next topic
View previous topic
GHO5T
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys. Sorry if this has been posted before but i had a look around and couldn't find the answer.

I've only just started using xlink-kai and i've installed everything correctly following this step by step guide http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

Which adapter am I using? Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN

In the case it was not reported as compatible, have I checked if it is or not? Yes

If my adapter is compatible, did I make sure my Psp is detected by Kai through Kai's diagnostics mode or metrics? Kai finds my Psp's Mac address but it doesn't say ''configured successfully''

Am I portforwarded? Yes

Which operating system am I using? Windows Xp

My network is reachable also.

I navigate through arena mode to find the game i've been trying to play and that all works fine, I'm playing MHFU and its fine when i'm in the gathering hall (Adhoc mode CH1 etc) but as soon as i join or host a quest and begin the play i get broke off from the group as soon as it loads but the others remain playing together when ive spoke to them in chat?

I'm guessing its because my psp isn't configured successfully? or maybe my internet is something to do with it. i've disabled all firewalls but still nothing. i have a psp 2000, and i've tried winpcap too.

So as you can see i'm kinda stuck here, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - GHO5T
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems like a portforwarding issue.

Did you check the UDP 30000 port with Portchecker?
GHO5T
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have port forwarded 30000 and Deep fort 30000 in configuration tool.

Do you think i will have to check my router if that needs port forwarding?

UDP 30000 port with Portchecker - how do i do this?

Thanks for your help!
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't recommend Broadcom wireless chip, although it works in ad-hoc mode and promiscuous mode.
In the case of MHFU, firstly, try to play by two users including you. If you can play by two users, next, try to play by three and more users. I expect that you can play by two users, but you cannot play by three and more users at same time.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive tried playing with just one person. It works for about 5 seconds then breaks off.. maybe it is my broadcom that's just not good enough to play.

Still cant understand why my psp's mac address shows up but it doesn't say ''psp configured successfully'' like it should do according to the set up guide.

Ive currently got my psp connected to my laptop via wifi then my laptop is connected to my D-Link router via cable. Dont know if that helps, I'll have to wait and see if port forwarding my router will help. other than that i will have to try something like a wifi max for my psp to connect to..

Again thanks for your help guys. im sure this is slowly solving the problem by trying different solutions. Smile
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I don't recommend Broadcom wireless chip, although it works in ad-hoc mode and promiscuous mode.

Same here Karmic, I never recommend an adapter which only has the promiscuous mode and no Psp Xlink Mode. They never work properly from

Quote:
Still cant understand why my psp's mac address shows up but it doesn't say ''psp configured successfully'' like it should do according to the set up guide.

Doesn't matter. You're fine as long as the mac address is displayed.

And yeah, you'll have to check your router's configuration to open the port then check it with Portchecker.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:port_forwarding

First method.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic