FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce how do I connect online HELP :( View next topic
View previous topic
romeodakins
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got this game today I wanna play online soooooooo baaaad. I am completely new to xlinkai so can someone help me pleeease. Someone pleeeease give me a step by step tutorial, I know there is one already but that one is just too confusing. Also I think my router wifi chip thingy is compatible, it's a siemins gigaset.
I wanna do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqE7WOXdlcw
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, you'll need specific drivers for your WiFi chip in case it's compatible, if not, you'll either need to use a regular USB-cable (Custom Firmware A.K.A a hacked PSP is required) or you could buy a network adapter.

These 2 links might help if you're considering on buying an adapter:

An old list of compatible adapters: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:compspscards

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:buying_a_compatible_adapter

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Critt wrote:
Well, you'll need specific drivers for your WiFi chip in case it's compatible, if not, you'll either need to use a regular USB-cable (Custom Firmware A.K.A a hacked PSP is required) or you could buy a network adapter.

These 2 links might help if you're considering on buying an adapter:

An old list of compatible adapters: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:compspscards

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:buying_a_compatible_adapter

I still don't get it. I don't wanna hack my Psp so I guess I need a Network Adapter. Those 2 links are very confusing. How much does a Network Adapter cost? And which one is the right one. I can't even find one on Amazon either. I search xlink kai network adapter and idk if it's right. My modem/router is a
Siemens Gigaset SE567
Someone help me please!
romeodakins
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm at the portforwarding part right now from the quick start guide

idk a program to portforward xlink to. I tried Portforward.com software but I don't wanna spend 30 bucks to buy it. Anybody know a free one?
romeodakins
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I've solved a ton of my problems. Ok I've got a Static IP, I've portforwarded xlink kai and when I launch xlink kai it connects to my IP good. But it still says no consoles found. I've set my Psp to channel 1 adhoc and still no good. What do I do now?
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the list I told you to check out, had some compatible adapters (the adapters aren't actually called XLink Kai adapters). But since you're new, I recommend a Planex adapter, since there are a lot of their adapters that works with XLink Kai.

Check this page out: http://www.planex.net/support/xlink/index.html

Scroll down and you should find the adapters that are compatible with XLink Kai that you can purchase.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wait why do I need an adapter? According to the quick-start guide, I have the first one, a Cable Dsl router. They said it's the least troublesome one and it doesn't say that it needs a USB or adapter. But Idk if my internet really is a router. Well I have a Desktop computer where my router/modem is wired/plugged into. Then I have this laptop which connects to the router/modem wirelessly and I use xlink kai on my laptop. So is my internet from a router? It's like this:
Internet
......l
......l
Router/Modem - - Gives Laptop internet (laptop running xlink)- - - PSP
......l
......l
......l
Desktop computer

So is my internet from a Cable/DSL Router

And do I need an adapter?

EDIT: I made a clear map of how my computers connect
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x443/Romeo_Dakins/?action=view&current=networksetup_router.png

My dsl router is wired to computer 1 and computer 2(my laptop) is wirelessly connected to the router for internet. And then my PSP is supposed to connect to my laptop which runs xlink kai.
Annhell
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

for your psp to connect to xkai link, you do it by a wifi adaptor in case you dont want to hack your psp
those build-in ones wont work because they dont have PSP LINK in configuration

you need something like internet->cable/dsl modem->hardwired/wireless->computer with Kai->wifi adaptor->psp
so you cant use your build-in wifi from the laptop to PLAY games, it only works to give some internet to psp, it cant tunnel your psp signal for playing
romeodakins
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Annhell wrote:
for your psp to connect to xkai link, you do it by a wifi adaptor in case you dont want to hack your psp
those build-in ones wont work because they dont have PSP LINK in configuration

you need something like internet->cable/dsl modem->hardwired/wireless->computer with Kai->wifi adaptor->psp
so you cant use your build-in wifi from the laptop to PLAY games, it only works to give some internet to psp, it cant tunnel your psp signal for playing

Dang, what adapter do I need and how much does it cost? I don't want an adapter to be over 10 bucks. Does XMB need the same thing? Do they need adapter?
Annhell
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, here is my advice
got to town and check each computer shop you know, even those malls you can try
look for a wireless stick adaptor, the price should range around 10$ but if the price is over, dont buy it look for more
when you check the product, look for something that says its compatible with a psp and ds, or you can even ask the clerk if they have anything in stock by telling him what you NEED the wifi adaptor for, again if its over 10$ dont buy it look for more

i found my adaptor somewhere under 10$, and thats by asking the clerks and telling them for what i want the adaptor
funny thing is that in my wifi adaptor manual it even tells me how to connect to xlink kai Very Happy

buying over the internet will cost more
romeodakins
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Annhell wrote:
ok, here is my advice
got to town and check each computer shop you know, even those malls you can try
look for a wireless stick adaptor, the price should range around 10$ but if the price is over, dont buy it look for more
when you check the product, look for something that says its compatible with a psp and ds, or you can even ask the clerk if they have anything in stock by telling him what you NEED the wifi adaptor for, again if its over 10$ dont buy it look for more

i found my adaptor somewhere under 10$, and thats by asking the clerks and telling them for what i want the adaptor
funny thing is that in my wifi adaptor manual it even tells me how to connect to xlink kai Very Happy

buying over the internet will cost more

Well I don't think I can do that, like I'm only 15 and my parents don't wanna drive me and waste 10 bucks on an adaptor. But I have Amazon Gift Card money I can use.
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's an old adapter (not sure if it's the right one): http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Adapter-PSP-touch-iphone-Sony/dp/B0016KDYYW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311870020&sr=8-2

Which used to work, it's like the one in the wiki except for the "WIFI" logo: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:pspwifimaxconnectionguide

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right Critt, that a good choice for him
but there is someting that he didnt tell us, his OS
romeodakins
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What's an Os? And are you sure that will work on my system? Also, would this one work http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-802-11N-Network-Adapter-Noteook/dp/B00333AWTA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312074659&sr=8-1 because the one you showed me is a bit pricy.
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically, an OS(Operating System) is like Windows 7, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, Linux Ubuntu etc. And I'm not really sure about that one, you gotta check the chipset. By the way, before you purchase anything, check in XLink Kai if there's at least somebody playing the game online, so you don't buy your adapter for no reason Wink.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, I think nobody plays DW strikeforce. And I'm having second thoughts about xlink. Does anybody know if XMB is good. I heard it's like xlink and it's easier to set up. Do you still need to buy an adapter and stuff for XMB?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic