FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo 2 Glitching While Playing? View next topic
View previous topic
nahid
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, I got onto Kai for the first time yesterday a a friends house and when playing online seemed like the game was glitching. Like I would be fallin, all of a sudden I'd be back up where I was falling again. It happened to my buddy and I playin on his box but I could see the other ppl we were playing online had the same problem. I would be shooting someone anf all of a sudden they would just jump to a different place. Anybody else have this same problem? Is this normal?
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As I posted to your thread on XBox-Scene, it's not a glitch it's called lag. Welcome to online gaming..

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=faq (section 1 somewhere) about how to best combat it.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL
yeah welcome
hehe
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nahid wrote:
Hey, I got onto Kai for the first time yesterday a a friends house and when playing online seemed like the game was glitching. Like I would be fallin, all of a sudden I'd be back up where I was falling again. It happened to my buddy and I playin on his box but I could see the other ppl we were playing online had the same problem. I would be shooting someone anf all of a sudden they would just jump to a different place. Anybody else have this same problem? Is this normal?

Best thing to do in this case is leave the room and find a new one. If you click the "i" button on the persons name within the application on the right hand side of the screen you can get the users information. Now many people can lie and say there upload is 1mb, but either way it will give you that information from there. And so everyone knows, upload is the key to a lag free game. The more upload you have, the more users you can "host" from your machine.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya thanks, I was an idiot, when i posted that I TOTALLY forgot about lag. If I put 1 second of thought into it I would have figured that out. Thx for your replies!
skalleno
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a 1 mb upload, and in some of the games i host there somtimes seems to be lag. Is this because some of the people playing on my server has a bad line? May be a stupid question but..

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

skalleno wrote:
I have a 1 mb upload, and in some of the games i host there somtimes seems to be lag. Is this because some of the people playing on my server has a bad line? May be a stupid question but..

Not a bad line, but maybe not very much bandwidth and far from the host i.e. you.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

skalleno wrote:

It can also be the game. It might be harder to host 16 on rainbow but easier in halo2 because maybe halo2 uses less bandwidth (it was designed for 16, where rainbow wasn't really).

As everyone will tell you, it will always be different from day to day. Some days you can host 16 no problems, others someone might get lag.

I know I've hosted 16 in black arrow, sometimes some people get a little lag, sometimes they get a lot. When that happens, I kick high pings (as host of the room).

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic