FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 How come there are no GameCube players on Xlink? View next topic
View previous topic
neosonicmon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just downloaded it to see if someone wants to play Mario Kart, and saw that no one is there.... Why not?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
A-ONE
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, this program was originated behind xbox, but if u spread the word, im sure u can get more people to play. knowlege is the key

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A-ONE wrote:
well, this program was originated behind xbox, but if u spread the word, im sure u can get more people to play. knowlege is the key

couldn't say it better my self Razz and i might add that mario kart is getting old now and we are waiting for more games to comes out....so hopefully star fox 2 and ts3 has lan Smile

[img]Image
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3 games with LAN play is quite a piss poor effort by Nintendo (if you can't tell I'm pretty anti-Nintendo over hte past few years. They've just gone in the wrong direction..)

If you look at the XBox, there's a new game to play on here almost every week, that's why loads of people use it for the XBox. The Gamecube's pretty much a dead system if you ask me Sad

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i still dont understand why gamecube doesnt do internet play
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Because Nintendo doesn't know what the Internet is, or have a hard time coping with it..

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's because Nintendo dont want to loose money...

Spending $10+ million on online-servers & support for onlinegames, and only get $1 million back.. Microsoft does (and can afford it)...

Gamecube can have onlinegames, but no 3rd parties make any onlinegames..

Buy the time Nintendo will do onlinegames, 3rd parties will complain that noone buy their onlinegames, but only Nintendos..

So its a GOLDEN opportunity to make onlinegames, when Nintendo don't, because then people will buy their games in greater numbers.
Thundergamer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:
Because Nintendo doesn't know what the Internet is, or have a hard time coping with it..

They did it with every other system they made and saw it fail. Now when its actually getting there...they don't try...its funny. But they get it right with the Wifi Revolution.

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, there are three reasons that I don't play Mario Kart online with you on Kai...

1) I don't have Mario Kart.

2) I don't have a broadband adaptor.

3) I don't have a Gamecube.

Okay, the third one is a lie, but the other two are still valid reasons.

I plan on getting Mario Kart, but not sure about the NIC... Not much advantage really.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thundergamer wrote:
dfunked wrote:

They did it with every other system they made and saw it fail. Now when its actually getting there...they don't try...its funny. But they get it right with the Wifi Revolution.

that depends on how you define "fail"

every system nintendo's released has been quite profitable (except maybe virtual boy)
dont forget MS aswell as sony took a big loss on the hardware for a long time, and its looking like sony's gonna do it again with the psp.
now, that strategy might be affordable when youve got other revenues like OSes or TVs witch are profitable, but if nintendo would do anything like that i can assure you shareholders would go hysterical.
Anyway, from a financial point of view nintendo is actually more succesfull then the other consolemakers, wether people like to admit it or not.
marioracer007
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

neosonicmon wrote:
I just downloaded it to see if someone wants to play Mario Kart, and saw that no one is there.... Why not?

Mainly because there are only three LAN enable games out for Gamecube that each are over at least a year old.
Praxis
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:

Actually, I've read several interviews on the subject, and here is the answer:

Nintendo felt that online gaming was a 'fad' and would pass, so they didn't go through much effort to support it.

Oops.

All of a sudden, they realized they were wrong, and the Nintendo Revolution is going to FOCUS on online play, and it's supposed to be in a 'revolutionary' new way. I can't wait.

So you people who like Nintendo games but really want internet play- Don't switch to XBox Next or PS3. Wait for the Nintendo Revolution, and see what it offers, before you buy.

BTW, the XBox Next is going to be the weakest of the new consoles. It's coming out nearly a year before the Revolution and PS3, so it's going to have much weaker specs, and the hard drive was removed...just pointing this out, for people who buy off graphics. Wait till Revolution and PS3 comes out. Okay that was a bit off topic, but what the heck Smile
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nobody knows anything yet anyway Wink Wait til they're out before bashing about specs etc..

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:
Nobody knows anything yet anyway Wink Wait til they're out before bashing about specs etc..

Well, I think we can successfully predict that if it's coming out a full year earlier, it's gonna have lesser specs. At least a guess.

Oh, btw, to the original post- I was on XLink today, and there were at least 4 people playing Mario Kart.
haze
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Anyway, from a financial point of view nintendo is actually more succesfull then the other consolemakers, wether people like to admit it or not

That's absolutely true, but still Nintendo can count only on itself
They haven't any other field where they can gain money lost in other fields...so they have to be absolutely sure and convinced about the online feature.
Plus I can imagine how expensive could be building up an entire network for gaming only... Rolling Eyes

PS sorry for the english...
dj_emergency
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have mario dd and been looking for people too and had no chance on finding people.... Crying or Very sad
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
NitroWarped
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="NitroWarped"][quote="NitroWarped"]
Decko5 wrote:
i still dont understand why gamecube doesnt do internet play

ok if your still so much of a noob, Rolling Eyes you would of known that GameCube does have Online play but very few games.
Defunked wrote:

Yes they do know what the internet is they just like classic gaming! and i agree they have been going the wrong way 4 a few years but the DS brought nintendo back up top! Razz

LEARN TO USE THE EDIT BUTTON -kj05

'---------'
[+|__|+]
---------
neosonicmon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone wanna play?
Hysteria
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been thinking about this for a while now, but do you think its worth doing? I mean I've had a cube since day of release but don't have any of the lan games or the broadband adapter for that matter. Is it actually any good online?
Kazusuke
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hysteria @ Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:29 pm wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a while now, but do you think its worth doing? I mean I've had a cube since day of release but don't have any of the lan games or the broadband adapter for that matter. Is it actually any good online?

I was wondering about that too. I'm planning on buying MK:DD (and maybe another LAN-enabled game sometime mid-2005) and I was thinking of getting the broadband adapter and the wiring as well, but I need to know if it's actually worthwhile... If not, then I'll just wait paitiently for the time when the DS is playable on XLink or if there's a really good LAN-enabled game the gets released on the GCN later on.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic