Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How to configure Xlink Kai 7.4.XX:
Latest version:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/XLinkKai-7.4.24-win32.msi

Spanish version: http://es.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2310#p2310

Notes: If you are a first time user: Xlink kai is a lan emulator which allows yout to play systemlink games with neighbours/players from around the globe. This guide is just a reference for xbox360 systems.
This configuration was tested on both RGH 360´s located in different parts of venezuela with pings about 31/32 ms.
This is a particular configuration tezted on GOW3, and WORKS with every other game on the Kai new version.
Both users were on routered networks under wired configurations and should works too on modem/network card configurations as long as you apply these settings to your xbox.
Important: Your friends and you need to be at the same network mask (255.255.0.0) and same ip Scheme (In Example: 192.168.xxx.xxx).

Steps to follow:
If you are using router, you need to set an ip range from 192.168.xxx.xxx (This is not a mandatory scheme but that was what i was using on my TP-Link router).
Go to your router´s config by openning a web browser and set there your router´s ip. Then click enter button and apply your password. In most cases log/passwords are always the same (admin/admin).
Once you are there, check go to LAN settings and make you sure the 255.255.0.0 subnet mask is set also the same IP scheme your buddies are using.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next step:
Open an IP´s range to 192.168.xxx.xxx. In my case, i set my pc to an static IP 192.168.1.100, so no matter how many devices i have, the computer are always gonna be that way and xbox can be whatever ip under that range. I.E 192.168.1.101 or 106, its wonna work either way, randomly or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So its gonna look this way after the changes. Note: xbox was turned to off at that point.

Ok, enough of that. Lets make the job done here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once your network is fully loaded and working:
Turn on your xbox: Mine is a Reset Glitch Hack Slim, so i let the console boots into an FSD just to make sure the xbox got the proper IP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet, now we go the to the NXE interfase (MS original dashboard). Since i do have a RGH i did set my dashlaunch shortcuts to get there from "miniblade/system" configuration secuence.
Then, follow this path: Network configuration/Wired Network/Configure Network.
Now with the Automatic configuration.
If you did follow the tutorial step by step you must see this image (sorry for pics quality):

Note:
Dont worry about DNS´s. Every provider works under their own settings.
OK, good news, if you have something similar to this and your friends are using same IP scheme and Subnetwork Masks you are just ready to move forward.
This config worked with GOW3, Halo Reach, HAWX2, Red Dead Redemption. I do need to test more games but im pretty sure all systemlink builted in games are gonna work.
My suggestion: No need to change MAC´s on slim models. But if you want to do that, ok, go to advanced settings and change the alternative MAC to one that fits according your IP. This step was inspired on Chuchox tutorial on how to config Older versions of Kai to work with GOW3. (Look Manual Settings section).

Now with the Manual configuration.
Then, follow this path: Network configuration/Wired Network/Configure Network.
Pick manual settings and set your config as the picture above. Like i told above, no matter which config you want to apply as long your buddies have the same IP and Subnet Mask schemes. Just remember to switch to a manual ip on your pc under the Network Device options/ Protocol IPV4/.
If you wanna go with Chuchox tutorial, which implies you need to change your config to an ip based on on the latest four signs of your MAC address, you can check it here: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42565
NOTE: I dont think manual config its no longer necessary if you are under a router and did follow the tut step by step.

Either way, you should be more than ok to play, so lets go to the latest kai interfase which you can download from here: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/XLinkKai-7.4.24-win32.msi
Once you installed it, go to kai settings. You should set it like this if you are running it under regular conditions PC/XBOX on the same network.

Note: If your are planning to run kai through FSD (Freestyle Dashboard), Set it this way and just run Kai engine form the PC, NOT THE WEB OR USER, JUST THE ENGINE.

For first time users on FSD, go to FSD/General Settings/Kai Menu or Online Menu, depending on the Skin. Im using a Metro Style i got from Spiffy360.com (Then ill set credits to that awesome job)

Then, move to Login Settings

Need to pick these settings now:

OK, At thise point i noticed That skin wont load KAI interfase on FSD, so ill move to the default skin provided with the original installation.
Go to Network tab on FSD and if you did right you should see this screen:

"System attached to Xlink Kai" Engine means you are good to go. Now click connect and wait like 30 seconds engine starts on FSD.
You should see this now:

Click on "PLay Online" Tab and then ou will see a list of your Systemlink games.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Important: In order to join games or host you Need to be sure you are going into a private arena in order to play. I did never understand that but lets just enjoy fellas.
Update: You can play matches on regular rooms, an the latest version of the FSD allows you to choose wether you wanna go private or public. Nice feature!!

Find me on kai as Radiocasehead.

End.
Credits
Thanks to:All The Bosses on the Xlink Kai Team for confidence and trust, Chuchox (Bredda and inspirational figure), Natty Dread XD (AKA The Killer Queen of networks), Silver from Colombia, Sayaje from Venezuela and my buddy Dufc1983 who is always supporting and helping.

Last edited by Radiocasehead on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
natalyx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent Work for the community!
And thanks for the credits! Razz
joskevermeulen
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

no port forwarding anymore?
Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

joskevermeulen wrote:
no port forwarding anymore?

Yeah still need to portforward to 30000. hope it helps.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What Skin in that in the top screen shot of FSD. The one that looks like the new MS dashboard.
rapid107
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HUST13R wrote:
What Skin in that in the top screen shot of FSD. The one that looks like the new MS dashboard.

Using this skin from what i can gather (quick google search)
[url] http://spiffy360.com/theme/297[/url]
obediah
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no port forwanrding for 30000... and I can join the servers but there are no xbs server on the list? Does the new kai support xbs link? can we see the servers opened via xbs link?
Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

obediah wrote:
I have no port forwanrding for 30000... and I can join the servers but there are no xbs server on the list? Does the new kai support xbs link? can we see the servers opened via xbs link?

Xlink kai is one program... xbs is other different program

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey radiocasehead the xlink kai has picked up my xbox and it says network reachable yes, i have been able to go into halo reach and blur threw system link while in the actual game, but when i try to conect from the sign in screen on the xbox it says network not found. can you help me please?
Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nina25 wrote:
hey radiocasehead the xlink kai has picked up my xbox and it says network reachable yes, i have been able to go into halo reach and blur threw system link while in the actual game, but when i try to conect from the sign in screen on the xbox it says network not found. can you help me please?

OK, i will help ya for sure Smile meet me on kai, . im gonna be logged all day long working on some rgh tuts Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Radiocasehead for president!!

Wink

I am really glad that Team Xlink have identified your skills and taken you on board!
Of all the people I have met before, Radio has the most patience and willingness to help.

Thanks bud for helping fix my xlink kia.
madevil21
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2 questions:
1st
Code:
Just remember to switch to a manual ip on your pc under the Network Device options/ Protocol IPV4/.
What ip should i put?
and 2nd: do i need to jtag my console to play with xlink?
Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

madevil21 wrote:
2 questions:
1st
Code:
Just remember to switch to a manual ip on your pc under the Network
Device options/ Protocol IPV4/.
What ip should i put?

If you set router as the tut said, theres no need to change ip at the pc, just go automatic.

and 2nd: do i need to jtag my console to play with xlink?

Not mandatory but .. believe me when i say that helps a lot Wink

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As I understand, newer games as GOW3 needs the latest version of Kai. But I can't seem to find it for Mac. Is newer games of limit for Macusers for now?
Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Marchobal wrote:
As I understand, newer games as GOW3 needs the latest version of Kai. But I can't seem to find it for Mac. Is newer games of limit for Macusers for now?

Just gow 3, the rest are fine

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Radiocasehead,

very good tutorial! Thanks, but my friends and i have one Problem.

Friend 1: =A
Friend 2: =B
Friend 3: =C

If A is hosting a game, B can log into the game, but not C (he doesn't see this game in GoW3)!

If C ist hosting a game, B can log into the game, but not A (he doesn't see this game in GoW3)!

If B is hosting a game, A and C can log into the game!!!

We have done everything as it was in your tutorial. Have we made ​​in a fallacy?

greetz from Germany!

m3ck
Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

m3ck wrote:
Hello Radiocasehead,

very good tutorial! Thanks, but my friends and i have one Problem.

Friend 1: =A
Friend 2: =B
Friend 3: =C

If A is hosting a game, B can log into the game, but not C (he doesn't see this game in GoW3)!

If C ist hosting a game, B can log into the game, but not A (he doesn't see this game in GoW3)!

If B is hosting a game, A and C can log into the game!!!

Only thing i can think right now is one of you are in a different subnet mask or ip scheme. If you did right, this is a weird issue for sure.

We have done everything as it was in your tutorial. Have we made ​​in a fallacy?

greetz from Germany!

m3ck

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hallo i mfrom czech rebulic and i have one question. How i play in two xbox360 in the some network to xlink kai. I try it and im play some times in first rgh on router and in the subnetwork in clasic xbox360. but i dont create game in anyone. just i can only to join. and just i´m see it different users or arena. my qestion ist. How can i play on alone wiffi router on the two xbox 360. It s some chance thanks[img]
[/img]
Radiocasehead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

soudruh.cb wrote:
Hallo i mfrom czech rebulic and i have one question. How i play in two xbox360 in the some network to xlink kai. I try it and im play some times in first rgh on router and in the subnetwork in clasic xbox360. but i dont create game in anyone. just i can only to join. and just i´m see it different users or arena. my qestion ist. How can i play on alone wiffi router on the two xbox 360. It s some chance thanks[img]
[/img]

man, according to what i research, you should set router 2 as a bridge for router number one. This way both can be located under the same sub network mask.

Ill be waiting for feedback

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

man, according to what i research, you should set router 2 as a bridge for router number one. This way both can be located under the same sub network mask.

Do you mean meake one subnetwork?
I m think when i try it bridge then not work because if i start first engine and logon kai and xbox and starte second engine tem i se in second Ui first xbox360 and first Ui engine. I m like separate engine and Ui
Ps or now i think i m wont playing in te one engine meny xbox360?
Ill be waiting for feedback[/quote]

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic