FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Xlink in Conjunction with Ad Hoc Party? + Custom Quests? View next topic
View previous topic
Aesthetikz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not entirely stupid when it comes to technical things, and I think I've answered my own question already, but correct me if I'm wrong:

A friend and I constantly play MHP3rd on the English Ad Hoc Party with our PS3s. We are wanting to play with more people, so I decided to get xlink working with USB. I was able to play online with people using Xlink, but I noticed on my PS3 it showed my PSP as "connected".

Theoretically, would he be able to connect to me through Ad Hoc and then I'd be able to connect with Xlink and others could join/we could join? It looks like it's possible, but we haven't tried it yet.

My final question is:

Are custom quests in MHP3rd/MHFU allowed? We design our own quests when we get good ideas. We don't make it imbalanced or break them. We do it for harder challenges like bosses that are 1/2 the size but can 1shot you and you only get one attempt, or something along those lines. We don't give out free rewards or insane drops either. We try to keep them as fair and as balanced as possible, while "upping" the difficulty and keeping rewards scaled properly. If it's easy, you get meat or basic items. If it's hard, you'll be lucky to get HR5~6 drops. Stuff like that. A flat out yes or no is fine, but I'd hope they are allowed. Either way, thanks.
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think ad hoc will work, but I don't know for sure. Give it try.

Regarding custom quests... For sure! Just create a private arena and label it as custom so people understand before they join. The only time we take exception to custom hacks is when they are used for cheating.

-p

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One more question...

I cannot see my friend in a lobby, but I can see other people. They can see him. They can accept his quests, but I cannot. Any ideas?

Switching my pc to wireless from ethernet, I now see my friend, but I don't see the others in the lobby now... Hm.
Aesthetikz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've waited all day, and I still cannot see my friend on the right hand side of Kai...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic