FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 MGS: PW (EU ver.) doesn't work with usb and xlink aid View next topic
View previous topic
serj92
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm on 5.50 GEN-D3 Prome-4 and I'm using Win7 x64. I'm on a router and I forwarded 30000 properly. I followed the guide and I can't get this to work - at first, the PSP was detected properly in metrics (other ppl couldn't see it my profile, though), but after some messing around with the xlink settings I can't even see it there, regardless of settings. Also, I have always some down engine traffic, but up engine traffic stays on 0 all the time. As for winpcap, I couldn't get the version from the guide (4.0.2) to work, so I'm using 4.1.2, don't know if that matters or not... help, anyone?
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please go to an online lobby of the game you want to play and start bridge.exe and check the metrics again. If people cant see you in the online lobby it might be because you used a mac spoofing program or messed with your psps id storage. Restoring your mac here--> http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42661 The xlink aid plugin and MGS PW do work i played with people using the plugin, are you sure you configured the plugin right ? http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39758
serj92
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I've never fooled around with my MAC adress or any of that. As for the second question, I haven't set up the autojoin.txt yet, but the guys who were with me today could play without problems without any MAC adress exchange stuff, they were all on 6.20+ firmwares though, so could it be that the adhoctousb plugin was updated in some way that you don't need kai aid anymore?
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as i know you need the kai aid plugin when you try to play MGSPW with the adhoctousb plugin. If you have an adapter thats kai compatible you just need to swap the ssid manually nothing else needed. I recommend you setup the kai aid plugin properly and try again it should work.
serj92
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Small update: honestleaf from the Arena (who, like I said, doesn't use xlink aid, and seems to regularly play the game online) suggested me to turn this plugin off, which I did. After that I could temporarily see games and my games were seen by others, and even could get in-game, however right now (without changing settings, of course) it doesn't work... On a side note, he brought up an issue concerning the servers, like both players sometimes need to be on the same server (TX Montreal, for example) for the game to work
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What game mode have you been trying to play on MGS PW death match or coop mission ? Death match doesnt require xlink aid but the coop missions do. Here are some threads regarding MGS PW thats why iam saying you need it at least for the coop missions. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39958&highlight=peace+walker and here http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39649&highlight=peace+walker
serj92
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your answers; I'm trying to play co-op. We now switched back to the aid plugin which we set up correctly with the MAC address of the other player; we got it to work one time now, but when going ingame one gets disconnected. Right now it isn't even detecting my PSP again, it's always like you have to restart your PC every time to get another try...

As the topics for the plugins etc. are relatively old now, maybe do you know about some updates for this stuff? It's really weird that honestleaf got it to work with his 6.20 setup with only resorting to adhoctousb...
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The topics i posted are old but not outdated because nothing has changed as far as i know, except that the adhoctousb plugins have been coded for higher cfw but not in functionality. About one of you disconnecting is because one of you hasnt swapped the ssid correctly. If you use kai aid and have the last 8 digits entered correctly of the other player in the autojoin.txt its probably the other player who causes the disconnection issues.
Cipriani
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found this theme and I think it will be better place to write here. As I said, I`ve got a problem with connection at the MGS PW. I tryed to play in it with 6.20 pro B10, then upgraded it to 6.60 pro B10 and it still doesnt work. I changed AdHocToUSB version (first to 6.20 and then to 6.60)- no progress. What should I do?
BTW, sometimes I have two PSPs at metrics. And sometimes I don`t have any at all. And my MAC address (that is under Found Consoles: PSP) is different from MAC address from my PSP.
And the last question: Must I have Follow PSP SSID turned on in Kai`s config? Because when I turn it on, I have warnong message that "Automatic SSID detection is not yet supported on NDIS 6.0 drivers". What can that mean?
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Leave the follow ssid unchecked as it is. Have you used a mac spoofing program ? Maybe this post will help you--> http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42661
Cipriani
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I`ve used this program. In the end it said something like "You`re MAC adress is stabilised" or something. I don`t remember it correctly. But even when I used it, it was no use for the game.
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What about your friend has he run the program ? Have you tried to play with someone else beside your friend ?
Cipriani
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He somehow managed to play with someone. He`s got 6.60 pro B10. I`ve tryed to change CFW to this but it was no use.
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont think its a CFW issue. Are you able to play other games on kia ? I think you somehow have messed with your psps id storage heres a guide on how to restore it--> http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=19435

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic