View previous topic
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? Not Yet
Are you using a port-forward? No
Is your console being detected? Yes
Brief description of your network setup (include model numbers): I live in an apartment complex in which internet is provided to me. I am plug my laptop directly into the wall when I attempt to use Kai. I have called the internet company and they have informed me that their equipment uses uPnP.
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? No (Windows default but disabled while attempting to connect to Kai)
Operating System? Windows Vista
Problem description?
I have both the Belkin F5D7050B adapter and the AdhocToUSB setups, and in both setups my PSP is detected but my network in not yet reachable.

As noted above, I do not connect using a router and have been informed that whatever I am connected to uses uPnP; therefore according to guides, I do not require port-forwarding. This error, however, seems only to stem from port-forwarding and as I've deduced that such is not my problem, I have found myself at a dead end.

I would prefer to resolve the problems with my adapter first, though I acknowledge that AdhocToUSB is a much easier setup (especially with Vista).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
As noted above, I do not connect using a router

Router or not.
In some cases even if Upnp is enabled you need to manually set a portforward rule so that traffic can go through. I suggest that you contact the internet company again and ask them if they could set a rule to forward udp traffic through port 30000.
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've managed to get the setup information for my housemate's wireless router and am working on trying to get Kai to work this way.

I will still try and get my internet company to open port 30000 for UDP in addition to 100% confirm that the equipment being used for my apartment complex has uPnP enabled.

As for the wireless router, should I both port forward AND enable uPnP or just one or the other?

Is the IP routing shown in the following guide required? http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:port_forwarding
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing you can try is enable Upnp go to your kai config and enter 0 for kai port save and run kai and see if it will work. If not read on.

Quote:
I will still try and get my internet company to open port 30000 for UDP in addition to 100% confirm that the equipment being used for my apartment complex has uPnP enabled

Like i told you sometimes you need to port forward manually even though Upnp is enabled to make kai work, as great as Upnp is its not as reliable as setting the port rules manually (thats just my opinion and experience).

Quote:
As for the wireless router, should I both port forward AND enable uPnP or just one or the other?

You can enable both Upnp and the manual rule for port 30000 udp.

Quote:
Is the IP routing shown in the following guide required? http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:port_forwarding

Youll need to set a static Ip for your computers networkcard that connects you to the internet, if you are going to port forward port 30000 udp.

Some info and help about the whole forwarding stuff here-->
A guide for creating a static ip--> http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm if youre too lazy to do it manually heres a tool for the job--> http://portforward.com/help/setup_static_ip_address.htm

For port forwarding go to--> http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm and pick your router, again if youre too lazy heres a tool for the job--> http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/ a little video guide on how to use the tool--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdcjuVbSGaE and a port checker to see if you forwarded the port correctly--> http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay... I'm totally lost now and have absolutely no clue what to do next.
I had attempted to forward 30000 manually and automatically (with given links). I allowed port 30000 through on windows firewall, disabled it, disabled firewall on router...

No matter what I've done, the port checker says it's closed. In addition, it says port 80 (which corresponds to http:, I believe) is also closed. What gives?
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Port 80 is probably open but configuring the router/modem of the internet company of the complex you live in doesnt seem to allow third parties (you, software from other developers) to apply any changes or even accessing it. Maybe the port checker i posted isnt accurate have you tried a different one ? It could be that some firewall setting of the router prevents kai from going to "not yet" to "yes" like "allow anonymous internet requests". Are you able to open the router menu ?
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am able to open the router menu. I disable the firewall on it while trying to connect to kai. Port 30000 has been enabled/allowed for the static IP I have assigned to my computer (not adapter or USB).
When I do a port check/test, the link you gave me scans 192. IP's (my computer and USB); however, when I use other checkers, they test on my external IP (50.). Which is the proper IP to be testing on? The other checkers all test negative on all ports btw.

While in the router's setup menu, I noticed that the router itself is operating on a dynamic IP. Is this okay?
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your routers home network ip should be and is probably static something like 192.168.x.x, but the router will assign a dynamic ip for the internet from your ISP so that youll be able to surf.
Quote:
however, when I use other checkers, they test on my external IP (50.)
you have to test your lan ip (the static one you assinged for your pcs nic) the one with 192.168.x.x.

It would be interesting to know what router you have (name and model) are there any other options enabled to block traffic or ips in the router menu ? Do you have an antivirus suite that is able to block internet traffic ?
As last option have you tried to start kai go to an adhoc lobby of a game and see if your network goes reachable (connect to an adhoc network if you use the usb adapter) ? Sometimes kai just starts to send packets when your in an adhoc/online lobby of a game.

Post your kai config just in case.
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Using Belkin F5D8233-4 (version 1.00).
Screenshot of all the options available (link), but anything I think could interfere I have disabled when I try to run kai. My antivirus is no longer installed (Norton).

kai config (link) (I think this is what you want?)

Last edited by PDelta on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay lets try this go to your router and disable "ICMP Ping blocking" it should be in your router menu under WAN Ping Blocking. Next go to your kai config and disable the "PAT" option save and see if it goes reachable, if it does retry it with the router firewall enabled.
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll try them again with my PSP in a lobby, but metrics says neither scenario makes me reachable.
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been busy with finals thus the lack of attention here. Not sure if I'm allowed to double-post but I wanted to bring light to the thread again. Tried this with my PSP on in the guild hall and with Kai in an arena and I was still not yet reachable.
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could you post a screenshot of your routers port forwarding window like this one--> http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D8233-4/F5D8233-43.jpg
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as requested (link)
PDelta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im back at my college apartment and still cannot figure out how to connect to kai from here.
over the break, i went home and stayed with my parents. there, i managed to connect and play on kai.
at the very least, i know there is no problem on my computer itself and that any/all problems must be with the router.

ive tried putting my own computer outside(inside?) the DMZ. not sure what it does exactly, but it didnt seem to work either.

any additional insight?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic