FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ZD1211B not appearing as a Network Adapter anymore View next topic
View previous topic
Jazzynyc
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I am running Windows 7 64bit & I've recently upgraded my motherboard from a ECS MCP61PM-GM to a ASRock Z77 Extreme4. XlinkKai won't detect my Wifi Max 685Z as a network adapter anymore according to the Xlink Kai Configuration Tool.

I have tried uninstalling both the XlinkKai program & the ZDLAN tool, with Geek Uninstaller & CCleaner, & have followed this guide again http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39732. At first the configuration tool detected the adapter, but when I tried it a second time just to make sure, it disappeared again. The adapter seems to work fine, still capable of detecting any PSP SSID through Ad-Hoc, it's just the configuration tool that won't detect the adapter.

I am hoping for some feedback on this problem, & if this issue cannot be resolved I was thinking of buy a new adapter anyways. This is the adapter I currently had in mind http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320113. I am aware that this device uses Ralink Drivers & is compatible with Xlink, but if anybody has a better suggestion, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
This is the adapter I currently had in mind http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320113

Uhm which one ?

Its just a suggestion could you repeat the steps youve taken to get to the step where your adapter gets detected by kai once.
Quote:
At first the configuration tool detected the adapter

When you enter your adapter in the kai config page in your webbroser and save. Go afterwards to C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Xlink Kai\KaiUserConfig.txt and go to the menu point. It should look something like this

# Network adapter (!=autodetect)
kaiAdapter=\Device\{5C1A54D7-A734-432A-8B06-DC528868EA5B}

Whats important is that theres an adapter ID (kaiAdapter=\Device) is there an ID ? If yes save the txt file. Are you able to play a game if the ID is present ?

Are you able to play if the adapter settings are set to autodetect ?
Jazzynyc
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have reinstalled Kai again & this is the line that I found on the Kaiconfig.txt

# Network adapter (!=autodetect)
kaiAdapter=\Device\NPF_{2FA45E47-B93F-4D76-B983-8094151F4221}

In any case, yes I am able to connect with people as of now. Apparently a utility that came with my Mobo called XFastLAN must've been interfering. I have disabled it & restarted my PC resulting in everything going back to normal. I can now go back into the configuration menu with the adapter still showing. Thank you for the quick reply though, appreciate it.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic