FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I think Halo 2 is crap. Am I the only one ? View next topic
View previous topic
moosebox
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was gonna avoid this thread, since I did all my ranting on Gamefaqs.com, lol its fun to complain over there, out of about 50 people responding, only 2 gave intelligent replies.

Most of the replies were, "you're stupid for buying this game for the story" "hey dumbass, its called multiplayer, go try it!"

It like in these days, game companies no longer have to have a good Single Player storyline as long as there will be Multiplayer.

1.) Graphics: Not bad...but it didn't blow me away
2.) Multiplayer: Zanzibar, Headlong and Foundation are the only good maps. They couldn't come up with anymore good maps so they threw in BG and BC...whatever
3.) New Stuff: Duel Wield and Hijacking. NO ATV, no new warthogs, no new Tanks, no Jet...no nothing!
4.) Story: Holy shit this was terrible! WHERE THE FUCK IN THE ENDING! A CLIFFHANGER!!! why the hell would you put such a big cliffhanger in a Video Game that cost people $50!!! All I wanted to happen in that shitty story was either for the damn Halo to go off and kill everything or for an Ending!! I got neither!!!!!!!! lol
5.) Music : What music? I honestly can't remember hearing a single song. I would even stop during the big boring battles just to hear some cool music, but there was non.
6.) Sound: Nothing different from Halo: CE

Like dfunked said, what was up with all the reviews!(95% average score!) Like I did in Gamefaqs.com I'm gonna post some of Gamespy.com's review.

From the opening cutscene, all the way through to the end of the game, the folks at Bungie have crafted a tale that grabs you by throat and never lets go. In the first game, the story took a backseat to the fantastic action sequences, and although there were some interesting elements, the tale was essentially one of survival. It was effective, but I usually felt like the cutscenes were only in place to give you a break between battles. However, in Halo 2, the storyline is the centerpiece of the game, and you'll find that your fighting will serve as a vehicle to advance the plot, which has enough twists, turns, and surprises to keep you riveted from start to finish.

I have no clue at all what game they were playing, because it was definitely not Halo 2.

Here is another thing about the cliffhanger ending. Halo3 will most likely not be coming out on Xbox, but instead XboxNext(2). That means to hear the ending to this so called 'Plot', I must now buy a new system ($300) and Halo3 ($50). Thats $350 to finish the Halo story... Shocked

ps...Live! Sucks.

pps...I'm gonna pirate every Bungie and Microsoft game from now on...so they run out of money and stop making games....Kidding of course Rolling Eyes
funk-a-delic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When Halo2 came I realy wanted to have it.. so I spend 70 euro's on the limited edition beacause I wanted the extra dvd disc.
On this "the making of..." you can see why the game is not as good as it should be.
There are a lot of things they have left out of the game because of the time the game needed to be in the stores.
They changed a lot of the story line and skipped creatures, vehicules,etc.
I assume Microsoft was pushing the Bungie people because HAlo2 needed to be in the shops before christmas (to compete with PS2's GTA)

Anyway... I like playing Halo 2 with some friends at home or by Xlink, but it's not the best release of the year...not ven close...

grtz
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the end of they day, the single player is poor. but i bet 99% got it for multplayer.

and its a blast!

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well this sounds weird but I can see and agree with 99% of everyone that has posted. But I enjoy playing the game. Maybe because I stopped playing the first one because of the lag about 2 years ago, or because I really don't care about the story. I just want to beat a bitch down. Or the fact that you could not talk in the first one. Either way to me this was an update. I am a little upset they took my killing machine "The Hand Gun" away but having two in my hands RULES! I guess better for everyone that way though. Damn, could you imagine two of the "original" handguns wipin someone? Wow. Best it's gone IMO. The maps are okay but I am sure there will be more coming soon. The live part sucked but since they added the Team Slayer, I am sure that is a bit better now.

IMO this game was made for system link though. Live will never have a community and playing with your friends to me is the best way to play this game. How most of us play all system link games together. I mean in one day I have played Halo, GR:IT, Rs3, and SW:BF with the same 8 friends. I am done though, it’s a good reading and I hope they do a lot better for Halo 3 and so on. And lots more maps for this one.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i gotta have my say on this as well......

I can see why so many people would hate Halo 2, but i personally love it. The thing is that Microsoft makes so much damn money and they're so damn cheap with it. That pisses me off. I don't know how many of you know this but Microsoft has been refurbishing the "newest" Xbox's and to tell you the truth i hate that. I mean i buy a new Xbox to get a ''new'' xbox damnit. i don't want an older version that has just been made pretty again. as for Halo 2 thats why i didnt buy it.....just a little modding and i can get that bitch on my box with out paying a dime for it....but i do think its an awesoem game and i play it almost every weekend with my friends so yeah thats alli gotta say.
TPP27
Video Master
Video Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

for me the most anoying fucking thing about either halo is the music. and it cant be fucking disabled... like WTF? i dont want to hear some moaning funeral music...

xr8d.net
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TPP27 wrote:
for me the most anoying fucking thing about either halo is the music. and it cant be fucking disabled... like WTF? i dont want to hear some moaning funeral music...

Hahahahaha Very Happy

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so I was playing on Live! today for two matches...and I must say that its pretty unfair. Whoever gets the Sword or Rocket launcher pretty much are guaranteed to win, or atleast be in the top 3.

First map was Beaver Creek, it was pretty much just a SMG spray fest while one guy went crazy with the rocket. I finished 4th out of 8...

the second match was on Lockout...now the server I play on(on kai) always has Swords as your secondary weapon, so everyone has a fair chance. So naturally I'm really good with the sword due to lots of practice.

I'm not use to having to rush for a sword, so I didn't, so one guy picks it up and gets about 8 kills before I finally kill him and grab the sword. The scores right now of the six players are about: 8, 3, 3(me), 2, 1, 0 I then go on an 18 kill killing spree with the sword and win the game 26, 19, 17, 10, 7, 6. Since really the only thing on the maps are SMG's its near impossible to kill the Sword users with just SMG's.

Oh well...I'm glad I have Kai to come back too...

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont mean to burst your bubble,but.
The sword is easy to get kills with...cross hairs go red....pull trigger..u got a kill..takes no skill!

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
I dont mean to burst your bubble,but.
The sword is easy to get kills with...cross hairs go red....pull trigger..u got a kill..takes no skill!

lol no that was my point...whoever gets the sword wins...its dumb

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah i agree with your point about whoever gets the sword has an advantage, but they can be beat...keep em at a distance... and use the battle rile, or let them come close thinking they got you, and use duel magnums or shotgun....haha have seen many, many, many people think they can rule the game with the a sword, only to get dropped before they get a drop on me.

Im not the best halo player, but its ALWAYS good to drop the fucker who has been running around taking people out with the sword

swish, miss, swish, miss.
BOOM,BOOM...your dead hahahaha

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everytime I get someone with the sword I melee their dead body for stooping to low levels..

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I just played 3 games of team slayer, won each time. Never touched the sword.

Others used it but if you simply walk backwards when you see em commin and pump em full of dual wielded neeedles Wink they are sadly toast.

Sword is by no means a garantee of a win, IMO its over rated. Give me a needler and an SMG anyday. Or a couple of nades Cool

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or a different game Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:

How bout some unreal DF? U know where to find me Wink

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:

Indeed a monster mech battle would rule over this anyday Cool

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
[MF]Kain
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mech 2 is out in 22 days Smile

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]Kain wrote:

Is it gonna have SysLink?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
SlyFox
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dolson wrote:
[MF]Kain wrote:

Is it gonna have SysLink?

Pray it does Smile
Thundergamer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate having to push a damn button to talk to my team. Also why the hell should the enemy hear me. Kills all strat...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic