FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I think Halo 2 is crap. Am I the only one ? View next topic
View previous topic
ThePinkFlamingo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't see what all the fuzz is about Halo 2 ? I didn't play halo 1 coz I got my xbox not to many months ago so I thought I wait to buy H2. I did play halo on the pc for a couple of hours but compared to the varaity of fps on pc it didn't stand out so I returned it. So i get H2, load it up, start playing and ...yaaaaaaawn.... this has to be the slowest fps in history. For me who have been playing fps on the pc since Doom came out this was the lowest point in fps history. Sure it has opend a wide scene for online gaming on consoles but I want action and this game feels like quake on valium. Anyways i thought that the multiplayer would be more fun but no. I just can't enjoy this game. So after about 12 hours of gaming im returning this game tomorrow. I don't think I would accept a free copy of it if someone threw it at me.

I would like to hear from people that have been playing fps on pc and then going for halo on xbox if they feel the same. Or if they don't , how come ?

this is not a "halo 2 sucks/no it doesn't thread, so don't bother posting lame ass responds like "This game is faaat ... you suck big time etc" I wont care.

afandieX
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This game is faaat ... Laughing
CnG90
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i can see why people were disapointed with the game, but personally i like it. still everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, if you don't like the game then that's fine. the single player of halo 2 was a bit slow and rather predictable but multiplayer is flawless Cool
3xodus
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Skazi18: Rolling Eyes stfu

@ Thread: I'm hugely dissapointed with Halo 2, and after all these people saying "anyone who dosen't like Halo 2, go back to Halo 1", I have done Very Happy Only problem is that it's damn hard to get a game, but it's a hell of a lot more fun imo. I mean, you actually have to *try* to shoot headshots Laughing

Maybe if you don't like Halo 2, you might like Halo 1? It's worth a shot - the two games are entirely different. Otherwise, get HL2, best PC game ever imo Very Happy

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Skazi18 wrote:
hmm stop complaining n00b just coz u cant handle a xbox. y don't u stick 2 playing ur PC games like gay cs. How is dis a slow fps?? Explain fool. Doom is old get over it and doom 3 is shit except 4 da graphics. Who da hell walks around in da future without any nightvision shooting monsters in da dark? If u think halo 2 is slow den name other FPS games u think is "fast" besides UT. Mad

Counter-strike gay? ohh you must mean its a happy game!
please dont even start n00b bashing....

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i have had an xbox for about 18 months now and have always enjoyed halo 1 and other games especially online (via kai) i got halo 2 when it came out and to be honest the single player was alright but nothing special (so i thought) the multiplayer is ace just like the first one but to be honest i enjoy the first one more my reasons for this is described in 1 word (LAG) its a killer as we all know. Even when you join a room that says halo 2 NO LAG its like laggy as hell some times and then others its perfect. i was playing this game a wihle ago & people were randomly jumping all over the place and a guy kicked me out the ghost but at the same time he didnt he was in the ghost with me he could drive and i could shoot it was like for a good 20 seconds halo1 does have lag but if you can move ok in the first few minutes then you know the rest of the game is going to be ok halo 2 you run around and all sorts of crazy shit is happening. its pretty crap really

But i can highly recommend Ghost Recon 2 the game play is fantastic and i have never had any lag the code for it must be fantastic and beleive me ive played many games on it not just 1 or 2 its becoming more and more popular last night there was over 100 people on it so GO BUT IT OR RENT IT Very Happy well its up to you really lol

oh p.s i hate peole like this
Quote:

Skazi18
hmm stop complaining n00b just coz u cant handle a xbox. y don't u stick 2 playing ur PC games like gay cs. How is dis a slow fps?? Explain fool. Doom is old get over it and doom 3 is shit except 4 da graphics. Who da hell walks around in da future without any nightvision shooting monsters in da dark? If u think halo 2 is slow den name other FPS games u think is "fast" besides UT.

just for getting annoyed and having a go at people for there opinions you may not agree with them fair enough but learn to deal with it!!!!!!! Exclamation [/quote]
[MF]wishy
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, my opinion on the halo series (thats right both of them) is this...

generally a great game with some very personal let downs- namely the fucking pace of it. Mr Flamingo, you are correct in saying that halo2 (as well as halo1) is a slow FPS. Simple. The game itself doesnt run slow- but its the way the game plays. I mean, 'this game is faaat'? no, but maybe masterchief is putting on a few pounds methinks.
I ve played many FPS and im sure many of you have too- come on, do you really think its not slower compared to most other FPS!? CS, RB6, UT, RTCW.. the list could quite easily go on. and they're just xbox versions. On a wider scale, with PC FPS.. well, lets not go down that road.

oh and what a surprise, Mr 'first post' has to be the one to noob bash. Shut the fuck up and let someone else say their bit. In fact learn to form sentences and type properly- there is no such word as 'da' unless you're an infant trying to say 'daddy' and videogames cant actually have a sexual preference as they're discs in boxes. You're insulting homosexuals.

btw - i wonder if mr Skazi18 will be buying doom3 for his xbox. hmmm.

anyone for a game of halo2 sometime? Smile

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, well I think I might post my 2 cents, but before I do, a few things.

Halo 2's performance is 10x better than Halo 1. The only problem is the way lag is handled. In Halo 1, it caused everything to pause and run at incredibly slow speeds. With Halo 2 it can cause you to jump all over the place. However, the bandwidth usage is down considerably, and the fact that I can jump into 16 player rooms and not get lag (being in Australia everyone has a ping of 250ms outside of Australia for us) was quite a great experience..

Now, here's my thoughts on the game. It's pretty damn shit. :/

When this game ended I thought that has to be the biggest waste of $80 ever. Now I know why people pirate, BECAUSE SO MANY GAMES ARE SHIT AND THEY SAVE THEMSELVES SOME CASH (not condoning it or anything). So without further ado, here's why I hated it.

1. The music? What the fuck was up with that music man? How bad was the composition? There was no exciting bits, sometimes the music was all 'folksy' yet we're supposed to be a race at war.. ARGH..
2. Can you EVER HEAR WHAT HTE FUCK IS GOING ON? Cortana is like some buzz in the background, yet I'm supposed to be hearing what she's saying and getting into the plot..
3. The maps. Oh for the love of God, COULD BUNGIE STOP USING CTRL C + CTRL V ON THEIR MAPS! Do I really need to see the EXACT same fucking buildings over and over and over and over and over again! Get some originality and stop being so fucking lazy, now that you've raked in millions and millions of our money - what a ripoff. A game like Price of Persia, there's not one reused piece of map textures in there, and the game gives such a unique feel to it.
4. The movies. Fuck me dead for a game that took 3 years to make, the movies are so piss poor, jagged edges, horrific lip syncing. Bungie, whoever does your CGI, FUCKING SACK THEM.
5. Bungie has never written a novel before, so that explains the absolutely ridiculous storyline behind this all. It's just so mind numbingly CRAP. ARGHHHHHH it kills me how bad it is. They've tried to make it all emotional with all these plot twists, and how the Arbiter and the humans team up like as if I should have this warm fuzzy feeling in my heart.. PFFT..
6. There's so many other things but I'll stop it here..

This game frustrated me so much I used caps on most of my points because it seriously makes me want to scream. I hated this game with a passion. There was nothing that made me go "oooooooooo" or "ahhhhhhh". It was just plain and utter SHIT. I seriously had enough of this game after 30 minutes or so, and I wanted to just finish the game so I would never play it again - that led to me running through the maps without even bothering to kill anyone. I kid you not for a good 3 hours I ran through the maps not killing a soul unless I felt like throwing an odd grenade or killing someone blocking a door.

So why am I being so harsh on this game? You know why? Because Bungie knew they were going to make a killing on Halo 2 no matter what.. Turned out to be the shittest game ever. I would rather play Azurik than this shit - well maybe not that far.

So there you have it. That's why I hate Halo 2, so much so I won't be getting Halo 3 and finishing off this absolutely shitty plot. At least I'm making Bungie $80 poorer..

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, i like the game but its not perfect by a long way. Same with every game.

I think people think they are on a quest to find the perfect game, some search for realism, they find that real life is dull... some search for the ultimate fun game... but then find it a little unbelivable.

Halo 2 is the most popular XBox games atm... but that dont make it the best game on the xbox. some will like it some wont.

My favorite FPS game at the moment is Tournament Paintball, its fast, fun and realistic... also has a twist to it, as you can cheat by wiping the paint off before a marshal see's it.
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK.. here's my opinion on it..

1.) Graphics: Terrible. No difference *whatsoever* between this and Halo 1.
2.) Multiplayer: Maps arent as good, uses less bandwidth - which is cool - but the Live! thing is really shit.
3.) New Stuff: Not really.. where's all these nice Warthogs and shit? EH?
4.) Story: Agree with Raf - waste of my time.
5.) Music / Sound: Levels seriously messed up - can't hear people speak. Music is average.
6.) Controls: Annoying duel wielding actually *blows* - not many new guns.

So yeah.. overall - dismal failure.. Bungie have sucessfully retired on this.. and it's actually embarassing for Bill and all us XBox owners.. Go buy a PS2 and killzone - or better - a copy of Ghost Recon 2... now *thats* a sequel..

TD
[MF]wishy
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what a fantastic thread!! Laughing

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Go buy a PS2 and killzone - or better - a copy of Ghost Recon 2... now *thats* a sequel..

dito brother Exclamation
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't even get me started on the Live stuff. What I don't get is how all these review websites gave it near perfect scores. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY SMOKING (or rather, how much did they get paid..)?

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I hated it as I stated in my Deja-vu thread, but I have since learned to love it.

Sorry TD but the GFX are amazingly better, the phisics and bump mapping really make the game shine.

However, this isnt what makes the game any good. Its the scale and details. For example the way the grunts/elites speak of "the deamon" and how amazingly resiliant the enemies are this time around.

The Arbitor levels are really great too, at first I thought they were a gimicy add on but really now I understand why they have added these. It really does introduce a decent new level to the franchise.

If you want my advice increase the dificulty level, I did after playing for a good few hours becuase it seemed "same old crap" but now I actually find the game a challange. Too much sometimes!

Quit moaning, you all expected too much if you think this game is a bad purchase.

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No I just like games that aren't hyped up so fucking much when in reality all Bungie cared about is the $$$$.

Games like.. Men of Valor. Now that's one kick ass game..

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:
No I just like games that aren't hyped up so fucking much when in reality all Bungie cared about is the $$$$.

You should have ignored the hype Rolling Eyes

I agree with everyone a little its not as BIG or if you like as FAAAT as was made out by the reviews or the hype machine that is Bungie/M$ I mean Halo 1 was FAR from a perfect game but it did entertain!

As for multiplayer, yes it does get a bit dissapointing after a while. Just like Halo 1 does Wink

Now come on, who wants a game of FlatOut/Robotech/Paintball/MoV or many of the other games that have come out since the release of Halo 2 that are sadly being shunned.

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
3xodus
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few people mentioned the graphics, so here's my opinion on that - They're technically better, but this isn't a fucking movie, I don't care about the graphics - I wanted this game to be fun. It's the gameplay that's ruined (imo). The extra detail can actually make it harder to see over long distances, esp. in busy environments...

I've not touched this game since Nov 11th, and I doubt I'll bother again in the near future - maybe I'll give it a shot once people realise that a) they can limit the # of players b) your host *is* laggy with this many people, you just don't notice because you're the host and c) the vehicles are even less fun than they were in Halo 1, so stop sitting in your damn ghost for the entire game. How is the game fun when you do that?

Very Happy rant over.

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll give my views as I disagree with most of you!
(in same format as TD did Wink )
here's my opinion on it..

1.) Graphics: Ace, when compared to the first one it is unbelievable, try playing blood gulch again in halo 1 *shudder*
2.) Multiplayer: Maps are way better IMO, I love zanzibar and midship, I think these have been made perfectly, and including the two best halo 1 maps was just genuis!
3.) New Stuff: Have to agree there isn't that much good new stuff in it, although I do like the plasma sword, a good addition for the 'lower class' players.
4.) Story: Only on level 10 atm, and I know the ending is supposed to be 'shitty,' but up till now it has been great fun!
5.) Music / Sound: Love this, they have got the tension right again and added a new tempo in places, this is much improved IMO.
6.) Controls: Love it, dual wielding is ace when using two different guns.
7) Overall: A great followup, I didn't particularly enjoy the first one THAT much and thought it was over-rated, but I love this one to bits and well worth the £100 I have splashed out so far.

Quote:
Go buy a PS2 and killzone - or better - a copy of Ghost Recon 2... now *thats* a sequel..
*Scream* God allmighty I thought you would be all knowing or something Wink , but actually liking killzone? Even all my ps2 loving friends don't enjoy and are apalled at the attempt they made!

Other good games: tournament paintball, get playing this fuckers!!! It is seriously an immense game, but haven't played it online yet!!!
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sick of aliens. What do they call them.. covenant? pft. Rolling Eyes

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone in my law class asked the teacher what the rules for self-defence are if the covenant attack your house.
He didn't answer.

Anyway, I enjoy it, if ya don't like it I could always use a backup, so hook me up! Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic