FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I think Halo 2 is crap. Am I the only one ? View next topic
View previous topic
DaMunky
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HOLY SH*T! I'm not the only one who hates Halo 1/2! *cries for joy* Seriously, what has this game got going for it that others haven't done in the past? I live out in the middle of nowhere and all the gamers that are here are Microshit fanboys! Mad I once asked my friend what made Halo 2 the best FPS and the only answer he could give me was "It's just good." He coulden't even give me a real reason! GODDAMMIT IDIOT FANBOYS IM GONNA NEED ANGER MANAGEMENTS IF THIS IDOCY CONTINUES!!! Exclamation Rant over.

Njörðr
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new to the Xbox Scene, but not to Halo.

I have played the Halo PC Demo on, and off for over a year, and experienced the Sweetness of Blood Glutch, CTF, and Slayer.

I decided to get an Xbox, and Get Halo (and Halo 2). I got Halo for Multiplayer (Xlink), and was not happy that everyone Abandoned Halo 1... I decided to get Halo 2, and was happy I did.

Halo 2
-First of all, the Graphics imo are Awesome, the Detail is great, and the Story is JUST as GOOD as the First One.
-The Story doesn't really take place on Earth as advertised, but you get to go to a new Halo.
-The Alien Side of the Story was a great feature, and how it all came together at the end really made the game better in-general.
-The Ending... It makes me want Halo 3... The Ending was Great.
-The Sword was good for Offline, but a bit Cheap for Multiplayer (Unlimited Energy O_o)
-Dual Weilding... Awesome Idea. Tons of Combos you can Choose from.
-Battle Rifle: Much Better than the Assualt Rifle.

Halo 2 (System-Link):

Pros:
-Crap load of ppl play on it.
-It seemed like it was meant for System-Link and Xlink.
-I can now Hijack those F***ers using a Tank, and Beat the Living Sh*t out of them! Razz
-Able to have 16 ppl, on 16 different Xboxes.
-Able to Customize your Character, have 2 colors, and have an Emblem, and can be an Elite, or a Spartan.
-Dual Weiding
-The Banshees
-the Vehciles
-The Maps are F***ing Awesome (Like Lockout, and Zanzibar) and I am happy they put Blood Glutch, and Battle Creek in it.

Cons:
-ppl with bad ping
-The Swords get annoying at times, but they are ez to kill... at times...
-No Night-Vision on the Sniper Rifle.
-Ghosts can get Annoying when ppl use it to kill you all the time.

Well, My Conclusion. Halo 2 is better than Halo 1. This is imo, so don't Bash me for it, I didn't Bash you for your Opinon.
mecca
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought the multiplayer was good tbh, the levels are well thought-out and the (basic) modes, i.e slayer/teamslayer/ctf are a great laugh.

The single player isnt up to par with the original (although the level where you have to kill the huge walking mech is cool)

Overall, a worthy purchase, if only for the multiplayer. GR2 kicks its arse tho...

DaWarLord wrote:
hey man i did and nothing is working man ... is it possible the internets just down?
mrhash
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i still think XIII is a superior game
[MF]Acid
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have not played XIII but I am sure its a great game..

as for me I played Halo 2 for a little bit on Xlink but after a while I got bore with it

cause its not as fast paced as Unreal is and as you all should know XIII was made with the UT engine (wow almost for got about that)

but if you think about the only reason why Xlink got a jump in members its all cause of Halo 2

and I believe its going to be sucking the life out of other games that would be alot better to play on here as I want ne one that is tried of Halo 2 to look at the games that are being release that have system link

cause man its getting old that I can't play [Insert title here] cause theirs no one in the arena

Schism
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

single player campaign sucks ass Twisted Evil

however multiplayer is still the best frag fest out for xbox. that is untill unreal 2 comes out Wink
Archetype
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing will beat Halo2's MP action! Maybe Halo3 Wink

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah i agree halo 2 mp is awesome. Campaign sux though didnt even finish it dont want to. Whoever said the AI was amazing was on crack. Just look at how the brutes will just charge and run into walls and just keep running there. GAy. It sux really bad even on legendary.
The AI is much better in halo 1. Halo 1 campaign however is a lot of fun. Im going to start playing it again.
dan_uk1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I was also seriously disappointed with H2 and highly suggest you get ghost recon 2. it is a totally differnet type of game as its more tatical so it may not suit some players but i love it. Very Happy I have onwed ghost recon 2 for 2 months and have only played one halo 2 game since as im online all day playing ghost recon 2 plus i find the players work as much more of a team as generally there are more players with headsetsd. anyways its up to ur preferneces really but if u do get the game i lk forward to shooting with u.

Dan
[MF]Shade
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was wondering if anybody else has noticed this...
Well from what I've seen the graphics have only got shinier?
I must admit I find it very boring. Last night I went round to my friends to have what we call a "games night" (four of us playing Kai on 52 inch screen. Nice) they ALWAYS want to play H2 and tbh I can't play it for more than 30 minutes otherwise I get bored. In the end I ended up going on my friends PC to play CS:S.
If you ever see me playing it it is probably because there is no-one playing UC, UC2, Project Snowblind or Republic Commando.
Theres my opinion anyways.
[MF]Shade
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Arg double post.
Tezzez
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

first of all all i got to say is dfunk you told them how it and that was the truth Laughing
AngrySniper
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Everyone expected Halo 2 to carry them to heaven and do their dishes at the same time. I won't settle for this crap, three years of development? No Forza has been in development for close to 3 years and will be an awesome game. I'm glad I'm seeing alot of references to Ghost Recon 2, Ubisoft did an amazing job keeping the game seperate from RS3 cause I've heard a few complaints here and there about them being too "similar". I first started playing Halo 2 thte same night it came out and was "wowed" like many others. The mulitplayer was great the first few months as well. But then I found myself reverting back to RS3. I guess its just me but playing tactical shooters makes me feel part of a more mature crowd.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Damolee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember awhile ago I wrote some kind of dig about Halo 1 .... game never gripped me at all, never has done and never will do .....

"...The menacing threat against humanity is a bunch of sqweeky pygmys with splatter cannons shootin f'ing paintballs , c'mon .... I wanna see bullets tearing through flesh, I want to see a BATTLE ....a true sense of fight for our race, but nope... I get some episode of Fraggle Rock!
Playin that for too much may make me wanna go out and f'xck a clown!! No thanks, ill stick to Half Life 2 , among other shooters"

Not my thing, Ghost Recon 2 on the other hand, I love it.
Shadow_Dog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought the Campagin in Halo 1 was longer, althought multiplayer was better. In halo 2, i beat it in less than 5 hours, and the campagin was better, and the hidden skuls are cool!
LargeZach
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

and heres way
the engine has great blend on real physics and and fact that is to say that H2 doesn't compremise fun and smooth game controls in a pointless attempt at being real.
you are right in saying that the singleplayer is slow the story is lame and moves very slow but that is the case with all fps, and yes I've played alot of them. The graphics aren't as good as a pc game and the same is true of the frame rate. But those things aren't what make a good game they just make them look pretty.
H2 is dope because the multi player is dope you can't beat it.
one more thing grenades not enough fps have grenades
Smeegan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Halo is a badass game perhaps the story sucks and is a bit thin but the gameplay can not be beaten , best first person shooter ever. Come on Halo 3 Cool
Two-One
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You cant compare Halo to Ghost Recon, two different types of games...

1 is more realistic, while the other isnt.

Halo 2: Run And Gun

Ghost Recon: Not so much run and gun.
_ _ _ _ _

Halo 2 is a alright game. The MP is very nice. Many different variations to play MP. And alot of weapon choices.

Then you add in vehichles and the different maps. Now you can play the game in so many different ways.

No kill is ever the same...Yeah, you can stick someone. But Sticks are alwayz different, snipes are alwayz different.

GREAT GAME!
_ _ _ _ _

Movie will be lame though... Laughing

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[CH]Two-One wrote:

GREAT GAME!

it was a great game....everyone that i know that played this game has droped it becuase it used to be different, but now everything has been done before, nothing is new. Same thing happens with all games. Even 2 of my friends left their MLG teams that were one more venue away from being able to be concidered Pro by MLG because it just wasnt worth playing anymore.

It was a good run but 2 years is enough.

(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Amen to that.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic