Disconnecting In MHP3rd View next topic
View previous topic
MHsmudge
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys.

Using AdhocToUsb methdod
Using psp 2000 slim with this CFW [/url]http://wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-2000-slim/
Using this bridge http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8261

I set up kai on my laptop yesterday using this guide [/url]http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39586. Laptop has windows 8 64bit but I couldn't find a full guide for setting it up on windows 8 so i used the windows 7 guide, worked almost the same it was mostly just the menus that were different.

After setting everything up I killed an alatreon with 3 other people; so it did work at one point. Without changing any settings at I disconnected on the next quest. Once i get into the gathering hall i can see other players and it's fine, i can get the quest from the board but once we enter the quest everyone else disconnects after about 10 seconds. I then abandoned to see if it was them or me who disconnected and found that they are still on the quest - so it's me.

Xlink kai installed fine and works, this is what my configure kai shows.
[img]

I've tried setting network adapter in configure kai to autodetect as well as trying both multi and single thread on bridge.exe and have changed the packet capture engine to Winpcap and ticked follow PSP SSID and the same problem occurs. I have not set up any of the arenas myself so it won't be that i'm not setting the box in the bottom left of the kai UI to host. I disconnect with players with different pings too, players with ~70 ping and ~350 ping have both disconnected. I've changed the properties of configure kai to windows service pack 2; not 100% sure this is right but i don't know if it should be causing the disconnections. I've also made sure to change the properties of my network connection to 'allow other network users to connect through this computers network connection' and selected the name given to the Loopback Adapter connection. My bridge shows connection OK and no errors.

My internet connection is not great where I live, my router does disconnect occasionally (using BT Home Hub). According to speedtest.com I have ping 10ms, download speed 13.74mbps and upload speed 0.79mbps. I know that the router hasn't yet disconnected whilst i've been playing monster hunter because I've been on the internet on the laptop as well as my phone whilst using xlink kai but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can provide some advice Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic