FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Multi player connection failure help,socom2 View next topic
View previous topic
.BIG
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have all settings seemingly conn fine, ps2 available, conn yes,,locked, and I CAN play a game, but every time a new room is made unless I'm the 2nd one in room I can't join, it always says multi player conn failure, I see the room! But, cannot enter, any help would be useful,I followed stickier install instr, plus I've fooled the YouTube videos, everything seems fine except for this prob..I have hard wired ps2, wnds 7, comcast cable dal modem to delink router, port Forward 30000 Udp,,
From my cal modem cat5 to my delink router, then 1 cat5 to comp and another to my ps2'
It's so frustrating, I do love the fact that I can play sometimes but, hopefully one of you can help..thanks
.BIG
[1up]Stickey
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The ps2 says connection failure or kai?
.BIG
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the reply sticky...
I've read alot of forum questions watched the youtube videos on setting up Kai and I knew that I had everything right. like I mentioned in my question. it wasn't that I couldn't play a game or so. it was when a NEW room was made that I couldn't enter it. it puzzled me for a week.
Well, I finally figured out what it was and I'm pleased to give you a link to it

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110621233241AADB2ci
My virus protection>Microsoft Essentials> was allowing Kai to go thru but, only marginally. THIS answer which hopefully you can share with others having a similar problem> will show people how to place Kai in the exceptions list on Essentials and will allow Kai to pass freely without being hampered like it did for me. they have to restart the computer after this. I immediately logged back into Kai and was able to join the game with 11 people in it, which I have NEVER been able to do. good Luck---.BIG
[1up]Stickey
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, Glad to see you got it working and thanks for the info on how you did it.
.BIG
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what the hell is this message I have now...here I thought all was well when I came home from work and Ive noticed this for two days now..i cant see a room now..when I open the kai config this window pops up first.

Kai Engine Error

Can't read value of hkcr\http\shell\open\DDEExec\topic(error2:the system cannot find the file specified.)

wow,,,what now
Dominator94
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

.BIG wrote:
what the hell is this message I have now...here I thought all was well when I came home from work and Ive noticed this for two days now..i cant see a room now..when I open the kai config this window pops up first.

Kai Engine Error

Can't read value of hkcr\http\shell\open\DDEExec\topic(error2:the system cannot find the file specified.)

wow,,,what now

This should fix that problem.
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43499

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic