FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Is Xlink Kai Broken? View next topic
View previous topic
_BuRN_
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I play SOCOM II on the PS2 section of Xlink Kai. I have been off for the last three week because of just being busy with school. When I came back two days ago, it seems as though something is not right with Xlink Kai. I use to connect fine, able to see everyone in the arena, everyone's ping, and hardly ever got disconnected. All of a sudden I keep getting booted on a regular basis. I will have Xlink kai just freeze out of nowhere and be unresponsive after typing something or a link into the text box of the arena. Also, it has been saying there are anywhere from 60 something to over a hundred players on SOCOM II and then when you get into the arena, there is a much smaller number of players. The number of players actually in the arena is the accurate number, but why is Xlink saying there are such an absurd amount of people on that are not? Is the Xlink Kai team going to fix this? Also, is it just on the SOCOM II PS2 arena that is messed up or experiencing issues?
[1up]Stickey
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This problem was only happening in the SOCOM room and has already been addressed.
As for the servers not displaying the correct amount of users it is because the orbs
are out of Sync. If you have any more problems with the disconnect or chat issues let us know.
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would help to know which orb you're connected to?
_BuRN_
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am usually on ARIZONA or AUSTRALIA. Those seem to be the best for me. Also, I heard somewhere that Xlink is going to be getting shut down. Is this true?!?!?! =(
_BuRN_
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[1up]Stickey wrote:
This problem was only happening in the SOCOM room and has already been addressed.
As for the servers not displaying the correct amount of users it is because the orbs
are out of Sync. If you have any more problems with the disconnect or chat issues let us know.

Why are the orbs out of sync, is that something I have done or can fix?
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Also, I heard somewhere that Xlink is going to be getting shut down. Is this true?!?!?! =(

No, Team XLink has proven their commitment to keeping the service alive, years ago I used to big gamer but now I host the server that teamxlink.co.uk lives on along with TX Australia and Hong Kong orbital servers.

As long as I'm around it's very much still alive.

Quote:
Why are the orbs out of sync, is that something I have done or can fix?

No, it's nothing you've done, from time-to-time the user counts can stop being counted between the orbs if they drop connection or the main server becomes disconnected from them.

From a gaming standpoint they're doing their jobs very well as when they become out-of-sync they can still continue their P2P streaming without any issues.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic