FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Xlink Kai doesn't detect ps3 at all View next topic
View previous topic
Riera31
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys! I'm new here and i've been trying to get Kai working for the last 3 days without success. I've tried everything and every tutorial available.
I'm using a ps3 super slim and i can't seem to get kai to connect to my ps3. I'm using the new version 7.4.28.
When i run Kai everything seems ok. Network reachable says yes and network card says yes. I've forwarded the ports, set my ip to static and tried connecting pc and ps3 to router (both wired) and pc wireless and pc wired to ps3. I'm running windows 8.1. I've done the compatibility settings (tried every single one of them), ICS and Bridged connections. Tried searching for games to see if it gets detected and nothing. Really, tried everything.
I was checking some posts talking about adding mac address. But they are so old that i don't know if that's the problem. When i try network settings on the ps3 setting up everything automatic it can't find an IP. If i set it manually i get the IP success and dns error, but still can't detect my console.
Can someone please help me to get it working?
Sorry for the long post
Thx
Riera31
Dominator94
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On your PS3 network settings do you have Ethernet cable selected? You may also need to set your network adapter to your Ethernet one. Go to http://127.0.0.1:34522/config.htm and change network adapter to your Ethernet adapter. Then click save.

As of the mac address posts you read that is not needed in most cases. With having your PS3 directly connected to your computer I don't think that your problem.
Riera31
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, i have my ethernet driver selected on Kai configurations and wired on ps3. My configurations are set as the tutorial shows and none of the interfaces detects my console. What else could i be doing wrong? I get network reachable yes and network locked yes. I think it has something to do with the ps3. It's like there is no link between ps3 and Kai.
Thx for the response!

Is your network reachable?Yes
Are you using a port-forward? Yes
Is your console being detected? no
Brief description of your network setup (include model numbers):pc wireless to router and ps3 wired to pc. using tplink tl-wr1043nd router.
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? i have disabled windows and router's firewalls.
Operating System? Windows 8.1
Problem description? Kai doesn't detect my console"s mac.
socom-gamer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anti virus software?
Riera31
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Avira and i turned it off too, along with all the firewalls.
Dominator94
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Riera31 wrote:
Yes, i have my ethernet driver selected on Kai configurations and wired on ps3. My configurations are set as the tutorial shows and none of the interfaces detects my console. What else could i be doing wrong? I get network reachable yes and network locked yes. I think it has something to do with the ps3. It's like there is no link between ps3 and Kai.
Thx for the response!

Okay just to confirm you have Ethernet adapter select on your PS3 Network settings right? Also set everything as auto on your PS3 Network settings. As if you enter in the wrong information xlink won't detect your console.
Riera31
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes that's correct. If i set everything to automatic the console can't even find an IP address. So i was checking some posts and I've entered the IP manually and the console finds the IP address and i get the dns error.
Dominator94
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Riera31 wrote:
Yes that's correct. If i set everything to automatic the console can't even find an IP address. So i was checking some posts and I've entered the IP manually and the console finds the IP address and i get the dns error.

Did your check your Windows Ethernet adapter to make so it enable? If that not a problem maybe a problem with your Ethernet driver.
[1up]Stickey
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm available on skype if you want some help rierra.

Skype tag:
lstickeyl

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic