FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 A bunch of Questions about Xlink Kai & Halo 2 View next topic
View previous topic
Zeptinune
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay so.

I recently found this and got it working properly and it's awesome to be able to play Halo 2 online again. However I have some questions which I hope some people will answer as I am very new here.

1. I have a softmodded Xbox. I know that Xlink's rules specify that you are not allowed to hack or use any cheats in any games. However, is it okay in private lobbies? Also what if I make it really obvious in a Public server like say... Changing my name to 'I hack' or 'I use Hacks' or whatever? I looked around in the forum and I never saw any answers to people who had the same questions, just that people would be banned if they were hacking in a public lobby without other people knowing.

2. If I buy an Xbox Communicator Adapter and use it with a wired headset (earphones & mic combo) will this work with Kai? Like will other people be able to hear me or not? So far I have played in a few games and no one has spoken at all, I am not sure if that is because Mics don't work with Xlink Kai or if it's just because no one has a Mic. If it does work to use an an adapter then is it enabled by default on people's clients? I don't want to get an adapter if 99.9% of people can't hear me.

3. Why do people only play in the 'Latin America' group/server? I am in Europe and it doesn't seem like there is ever more than 2 people in the European room. Some of the pings are insane on the Latin American games even on my 350mbps connection.. (which of course is limited to 100mpbs via the Xbox's ethernet port).

4. I also have a Mouse and Keyboard adapter for my Xbox (yeah I have a lot of original Xbox memorabilia and what-not, you'd be surprised). Am I allowed to use this with Xlink Kai? I also don't want to get banned for playing with a keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for answering my questions, and if I broke the rules somewhere (pretty sure I didn't, please just delete this thread and send me a PM about what I did wrong).
[1up]Stickey
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's see if I can answer some of your questions. P:

You can use any mods you want as long as it's in a private arena you are
hosting or if the host of the game gives you permission to use mods.

I'm not sure about the mic adapter but i know that you can use an old cell
phone mic with a 2.5mm input if you don't like the original Xbox mic.

The Latin America arena has been booming for many years now. Pretty much
everyone plays there now instead of dividing the players by country.

I don't see any reason why using a keyboard and mouse Shocked would get you banned.
Zeptinune
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks a lot for the replies. I went ahead and plugged my Keyboard and Mouse in and bought a Mic Adapter Smile

So you can confirm that Mics do work over Xlink Kai in Halo 2?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic