FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Console not found View next topic
View previous topic
Fury-K96
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on Linux Mint 18 64bits. It works on Windows, but not on Linux Mint, What could it be?

Terminal log:
Code:

[sudo] password for carlos:
Config directory: /home/carlos/.xlink/
Initializing XLink Kai engine...

Kai Engine: The engine is rocking
Connect to: http://127.0.0.1:34522/
Orbital Sync Established: TX London

Metrics
Code:

Orbital Name   TX London
Reachable   Yes
Local IP   Removed
Local Port   51254
Engine Version   7.4.30
PSSDK/WinPcap   Linux/libpcap
Signed By   Team XLink
Ethernet Adapter   enp1s0
Locked   1
Up Engine Traffic   0
Down Engine Traffic   9
Chat Traffic   0
Down Chat Traffic   0
Up Orb Traffic   0
Down Orb Traffic   0
PSSDK/WinPcap (again?)   libpcap
Mac Cache Entrie   0
Broadcast Traffic Inbound   0
Broadcast Traffic Outbound   0
Unicast Traffic Inbound   0
Unicast Traffic Outbound   0
Wireless SSID   n/a

Found Consoles:
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's your game console?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

karmic wrote:
What's your game console?

PlayStation 2
nextgenrules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty savvy when it comes to linux, although I haven't actually setup kai under linux yet (someday Razz). Have you tried forwarding port 3000 this fixes many issues? Also are you "searching for games" when trying to get the console to show up. That is crucial for getting the console to get recognized by kai.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm having the same issue. Works on windows but not on Linux Mint. Console not found. Did you find a solution?
TheDominator-
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If your console not getting detected it possible XLink Kai lock on to the wrong network adapter. You can change network adapters at http://1127.0.0.1:34522/config.htm . You could also use auto detect which that could be a issue though if it detect other device which is not a console as that will make it listen on the wrong network adapter.

Other thing if you using other console that not Xbox could be is it not getting address the right IP address. You can use auto/dhcp if you not already and see if that works. If that don't work you will need to get the last two digits of your console Mac address and type them in here http://teamxlink.co.uk/ps2assign.php . Then you will need to enter that information in to your network configuration on your console.
Shietzakaupf
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dominator, thanks so much for the reply. Changing my Kai config didn't do the trick though. I only have one adapter active right now, but I tried switching to Auto anyways and no luck.

I'll ask three questions straight off and then I'll describe my set up so maybe it could generate some ideas I haven't tried yet. I feel I've tried just about everything else that I can think of.

1) When configuring the PS2 with static IPs, does the Gateway of the PS2 profile need to be set to my actual gateway address (e.g. 192.168.11.1) or to 192.168.0.1 like I seen in a guide?

2) Could you explain how xLink, the PS2, and my router work together? I read somewhere that the Kai engine works as a DHCP. So does that mean it sort acts as router for the PS2, and tunnels PS2 traffic through the router, to a server host? I ask, because I'm wondering if I can Wireshark or do something else that can pinpoint my issue.

3) When looking at my /.xlink folder, I noticed that one of my hidden folders (webui.zip) was still zipped. Should I extract it?

My Setup
-----------
Previously, I was running xLink on Windows 10, auto network settings for PS2 and PC, no port forwarding or UPnP and everything worked fine, but out of nowhere the Kai application just decided it did not want to boot up anymore. I tried re-installing it, but no good. I'm guessing a recent windows update killed it. I don't know.

So, I switched over to my Linux OS... same PC. After some trouble-shooting, I've managed to launch Kai via the terminal and make the metrics show "Reachable? Yes" but my console remains undetected no matter everything I have tried. Under Windows 10, I was networked through a switch and two hubs, but to simplify, I’ve removed them and now I have both my PC and my PS2 directly hardwired to my router.

Note, I just found out that I can troubleshoot by creating a game which should allow me to not have to reset my PS2 everytime I restart kai. I assume that if all works correctly, I my console will automatically become detected without me having to leave my created game. If this is incorrect then please let me know.

My Specs
-----------
PC OS is Linux Mint 18.1 (64 bit) OS (Ubunto) – I believe all Kai dependent libraries are loaded

Running command ldd kaiengine returns:

linux-gate.so.1 => (0xf778f000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xf7763000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0xf775a000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf75e2000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xf758d000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf7570000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xf7553000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xf739d000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x56588000)

PC IP address
----------------
I’ve tried both Auto settings and a static IP. Currently, using a static IP on the same LAN as my router. Note, it is set to the same IP that it was when Auto settings were enabled. Does this matter if no other device is using that IP?

PC Firewall
--------------
I’ve tried both turning off the firewall while enabling UPnP in the router and creating PC Firewall rules with the router’s UPnP turned off. Currently, PC Firewall is off and UPnP enabled. Router shows port to PC ip address and PC shows ports active for kaiengine on TCP 34522 & 34528, and UDP 34522 & whatever port the UPnP decided to open up.

Kai config
-------------
# XLink Kai Engine Configuration
# Version 7.4.30

[KaiUserConfig]

# Username for automatic login
kaiUsername={deleted}

# Password for automatic login
kaiPassword={deleted}

# Use automatic login
kaiAutoLogin=1

# Use Web User Interface instead of GUI program
kaiWebUI=1

# Automatically launch Kai user interface
kaiLaunchUI=1

# User interface program name
kaiUI=!

# Web UI Password
kaiHTTPPassword=!

# Web UI Skin
kaiSkin=!

# Automatically open chat
kaiAutoOpenChat=1

# MBCS code page for asian character sets
kaiCodepage=0

# Language
kaiLanguage=en

# Enable port address translation
kaiPAT=1

# Set UDP port for peer-to-peer connections (0=random)
kaiPort=0

# Set TCP port for Web UI connections (connect with http://127.0.0.1:[portnumber]/)
# Default is 34522 - this does not need to be changed in most cases. You DO NOT need to forward this port in your router.
kaiWebUIPort=34522

# Proxy server IP address
kaiProxyServer=!

# Proxy server port
kaiProxyPort=0

# Network adapter (!=autodetect)
kaiAdapter=!

# Automatically shut down engine after x minutes (0=never)
kaiTimeout=0

# Automatically shut down engine when UI closes
kaiUIClose=1

# Accept connections from user interfaces on other computers
kaiAcceptRemote=1

PS2 Console
--------------
Tried both Static and Auto IP addresses. Currently, set to static as generated by entering the mac address in your link.

Mask: 255.255.0.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS: Tried auto, but recently switched to a static one from my ISP.

Router:
--------
I don’t think the problem is in the router since it was working fine before, but I have tried a few things anyways like port forwarding and turning on and off UPnP. One thing that I’ll mention is that running the nmap command from my PC on my router’s WAN IP shows the UPnP port as open/filtered. Note, when I had UPnP disabled I set to this port to 30000 and it showed the results.

Command: nmap -sT -sU -p [port #] [WAN IP address]

Result:

Host is up (0.00049s latency).
PORT STATE SERVICE
{deleted}/tcp closed unknown
{deleted}/udp open|filtered unknown

I have a Buffalo router running DD-WRT.
Shietzakaupf
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shietzakaupf wrote:

2) Could you explain how xLink, the PS2, and my router work together? I read somewhere that the Kai engine works as a DHCP. So does that mean it sort acts as router for the PS2, and tunnels PS2 traffic through the router, to a server host? I ask, because I'm wondering if I can Wireshark or do something else that can pinpoint my issue.

I found an answer to this question here: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10427

So, now I have a follow-up question. When I opened up Wireshark this time and let it run for a minute, I finally found traffic coming from the static PS2 IP going to a handful of other 10.253.X.X IP addresses. I did not see any inbound traffic going to my PS2's IP though and I did not see any communication between my PS2 and my PC's IP addresses.

Note, when I open up wireshark, I can view two active interfaces, one is my Ethernet adapter which shows the traffic that I described above and the other is a loop back interface containing mostly 127.0.0.1 traffic.

Does this provide any insight?
Shietzakaupf
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel like I'm close to resolving my issue, but its still not working. Here's what I found.

At some point, I received the following error when attempting to launch kaiengine from the terminal.

Quote:
Config directory: /root/.xlink/terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >'what(): resolve: Host not found (non-authoritative), try again laterAborted

I don't remember where, but something I read said that the solution was to set up static IPs. So I looked up how to do that and found a post https://www.sjwrc.com/static_ip-linux/ that said to add the following to the /etc/network/interfaces file.

Note, its best to add "auto eth0" prior this code so won't have to run "ifup eth0" at system startup each time.

Code:
iface eth0 inet static
address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (your static IP address)
netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (your desired netmask, usually 255.255.255.0)
gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (your router’s IP address)
dns-nameservers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (your desired DNS server (can be the your router’s IP address)

So I did, but at the time I didn't realize that my interface was not labeled as "eth0" but was actually "enp1s0". However, even with this error Kai did not give me the previous error I was receiving and I was able to launch the browser. Could that be a bug in the kai code? Anyway, last night/early this morning I found my mistake in mislabeling the interface and corrected it. When I rebooted my Network Connections app was no longer able to manage my enp1s0 interface but Kai still launched (no console detected still). That got me thinking, maybe Kai + my machine would work better if I renamed my enp1s0 interface to the standard eth0 label so I did using this guide.

http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/mini-howtos/change-default-network-name-ens33-to-old-eth0-on-ubuntu-16-04.html

Kai launched fine and I was even able to remove the mods to the /etc/network/interface file and set a static IP from my Network Connections app without Kai throwing a fit but still no console detected. Thoughts?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic