FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Changing Orb on Mac View next topic
View previous topic
MasturB
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I've upgraded to latest Xlink Kai firmware on Mac.

Whenever I try to change orbs, it just says detached from engine and stays there. I'm having issues seeing all rooms.
Demon27248
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try doing it the old fashioned way https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43915&sid=5da828106c1b8030515638aaba414fd4

You won't be able to see rooms if you're detached from the engine.

ACobra
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MasturB hey man I think I can help.

First off, since you upgraded to 7.4.30, you are correct by right-clicking the xlink icon and changing your orb there from the pop-up menu. As of today, there are 3 possibly 4 working orbitals. ( Poutine, LA, Canada, SixthGenGaming).

Now you mentioned when you click the new orbital you get detached from engine, THAT IS CORRECT. What you must do is this. Once you select the orbital you are switching to, hurry and close the xlink window entirely. You will notice, a brand new window pops up. Wait a few seconds for the window to appear and then click REFRESH on the internet search bar.

If done correctly, you will notice you are on the selected orbital by clicking Metrics.

There IS AN OLD WAY, which has been graciously mentioned by Demon27248. This IS a way you can change your orbital as well, but with the update to the 7.4.30 engine, there is no reason to use this method any longer. However I will post the code that runs my MAC OS with a link to the sixthgengaming orbital since i do not know the other addresses offhand.

Quote:
cd /Applications/XLink\ Kai.app/Contents; ./MacOS/kaiengine --orb ADVANCED_SIXTHGENGAMING

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic