FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Ratchet and Clank 3 ? View next topic
View previous topic
MrAbc
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, i wanted to ask if it is possible to play Ratchet and Clank 3 with XLink. I read something that you have to have a LAN mode wich Ratchet and Clank 3 doesn't have it only has an Online mode.

Can't we just change the DNS of the Network connection to connect Online to XLink ?
I really would like to play it again with some friends.

Thanks for any answer! Very Happy
TheDominator-
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrAbc wrote:
Hi, i wanted to ask if it is possible to play Ratchet and Clank 3 with XLink. I read something that you have to have a LAN mode wich Ratchet and Clank 3 doesn't have it only has an Online mode.

Can't we just change the DNS of the Network connection to connect Online to XLink ?

Changing DNS to DNS that point you to a custom server someone made is possible, but no exist at the moment that I know of.

As of XLink Kai is just a LAN tunneling program it just forwards console traffic to other peers so XLink Kai will never/can't support Ratchet and Clank 3.
TheDominator-
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrAbc wrote:

Changing DNS to DNS that point you to a custom server someone made is possible, but no exist at the moment that I know of.

As of XLink Kai is just a LAN tunneling program it just forwards console traffic to other peers so XLink Kai will never/can't support Ratchet and Clank 3.
MrAbc
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To sad to hear Sad, is it possible to gather the Serverdata somewhere ? Else i would setup a Server for that.

Or would I need to setup it all by myself like that i need to programm the whole backend for userdata and such. Maybe you know an answer if not then thanks anyway Very Happy
TheDominator-
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrAbc wrote:
To sad to hear Sad, is it possible to gather the Serverdata somewhere ? Else i would setup a Server for that.

Or would I need to setup it all by myself like that i need to programm the whole backend for userdata and such. Maybe you know an answer if not then thanks anyway Very Happy

Since the game offline now I do not think you be able to easily get server data. It will most likey require reverse engineering the game to figure out what the game expects to see and what needed to connect with other people.

I going to take a guess that game uses Medius server since it a game publish by SCE. There one other game that uses Medius which got bring back on-line called Twisted Metal Black. That game did not use encryption which probably part of the reason why it back up, but you can connect to that server to get a idea of what the traffic between client and server. Note even though the game you want back uses Medius it probably a bit different than that game and require good amount of work.
MrAbc
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright thanks, ill take a look at the game, maybe there are other people who want to revive the game again. Very Happy

Also maybe it would be possible to use an usb stick wich tricks the online mode or even the offline mode to use lan feature and then we finally could use it also with XLink. Interessing project Cool.
Electro0333
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dude if people can find a way to bring Need for speed underground back online for the PS2 then i think People can bring this game back online, If I had the know how i would honestly do this.

I honestly don't understand why no one has attempted doing this yet, I'd love to play Ratchet and clank 3 and Deadlocked online again on the Ps2 like back in the day.

It's weird tho when me and my brother found out ratchet and clank 3 and deadlocked were online, we hooked up the Ps2 quicktime and played a lot of split screen online with a few others, Such a dope memory.

To bad people didn't even know u could go online on the PS2 weird

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic