FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Help setting up through router View next topic
View previous topic
LeXiO
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm wondering, I'm getting a wireless connection from my leptop to the school through my wireless card. It's an Intel PRO/WIRELESS agb3945 card by the way. Anyway, can I buy a router and set up xlink through the my notebook's wireless card, which is connected to the school's internet.

I'm running Vista home premium, and for the past months, I've tried now and then to try and set it up, but could never get it to start working right. I've bought a router before, but returned it because I couldn't get it to work with xlink. I'm about to buy a router again, but hopefully now that I've asked for help, I can finally start to enjoy using Xlink. Please suggest a router I could use, and how to set it up, because I'm no good with networking unfortunately. Thanks.

If possible, no wifi max please.
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would recommend you to configure Kai first b4 attempting to buy anything

LeXiO
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I went to start>>all programs>>Xlink Kai>>Configure Kai, but that didn't do much, it just started up Xlink Kai. Then this localhost address bar thing comes up, but nothing loads. Again, I'm new to Xlink Kai, and networking, so I don't know how to correctly set up Xlink.

Also, the XLink Kai Evolution VII thing keeps saying Looking for Kai Engine. I have the XLink Kai Engine thingy at the system tray, but don't understand why it's not working.
LeXiO
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NVM, it was a firewall problem. I can get Xlink Kai to launch now. Only thing is, I've just read that routers can't act as an in between man for my systems and Xlink, so I'm now forced to buy a Planex USB thingy. I'm thinking about the Planex GW-USMINI2N model. Is setting up that model the same as the set up for the GW-US54Mini2W model.
rapture115
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's even easier.

The folks at Planex are kind enough to include a step-by-step pdf guide (with pictures!) on how to set up the GW-USMini2N for Vista-XLink included in the installation CD.

Hope that helps.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic