FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 PSP easy to tunnel? View next topic
View previous topic
Smiffy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just saying how I define games, you we're wondering as you said. No flaming...
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

guys, lets restrict the console comparison talk to how well they tunnel ... All the rest is a matter of taste anyway
NeoBlizz
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
ohh dear...bang goes all my respect.

Mario=kids games
RB6=adult games
pokeman=kids games
halo2=adult games
etc etc etc

thats how i define adult/kids games. how you do it, im not sure.

Kids dont want to play Mario, Pokemon.... They want to play GTA, Halo/Halo2, RB6 etc etc... Wink

And I dont agree with your definition either....
w3rd
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First time user for XLink Kai. EDIT: Just read the Read before posting!

So for on topic discussion, this should work with the PSP out of the box? If you have the proper setup and all?
XSAVAGE
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think Nintendo makes games for all ages!

some PS2 games are good , but i hate when they say that there are more games , when most of them are old pieces of crap from PS1.

Shocked *checks bank account to see if theres enough to buy a PSP NOW!*
psikey
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@duke_uk

I have import on order which with VAT & duty may come out at £150 seeing as the importers charge in US$ and its 1.95 to GBP at the moment.

The forcast UK prices i've seen is anywhere between £175-£225.
Praxis
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NeoBlizz wrote:
duke_uk wrote:
ohh dear...bang goes all my respect.

Mario=kids games
RB6=adult games
pokeman=kids games
halo2=adult games
etc etc etc

thats how i define adult/kids games. how you do it, im not sure.

Kids dont want to play Mario, Pokemon.... They want to play GTA, Halo/Halo2, RB6 etc etc... Wink

And I dont agree with your definition either....

Zelda, Metroid Prime, etc, etc.

Enough with the 'Nintendo is for kids' bashing! Anyone who thinks a little kid could beat Mario 64 has never played the game
Laughing

One of the best quotes I've seen, by someone I know on another forum:
"It's all part of the whole 'I'm a teenager, I refuse to be considered a kid, look at me I'm a grownup' phase. Since society considers blood, gore, and sex mature themes, those seeking to be considered 'adult' naturally gravitate towards those.

Once you grow out of this, though, you tend to amble back to the old classics. Dear God but was the original Super Mario hard. Even with the save option Super Mario All-Stars gave you."

Additionally, you name two games that target younger audiences (even that's debatable- Mario 64 is very hard, fun, and long, even for older people), and somehow make this assumption that that's ALL Nintendo games.

Quite simply, Nintendo does NOT make little kids games.

While I'm not going to debate which one is better, due to the above posts, I am going to say that Nintendo makes some very good games that I personally like better. Add to that the better method of controlling FPS (seriously, that touch screen really lets you control like a keyboard and mouse), and a Metroid Prime game...and I'm sold on the DS.

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys expecting to play FPS games on the PSP? No analog sticks, remember? Will it be like Metroid Prime for GC (auto-lock on, hold a button to look around), or will you use the D-pad and four buttons for strafting and looking?
XSAVAGE
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anybody knows where i might find a PSP for $190? and are the jap ones Region Free?

Rolling Eyes
DappaDizzle
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

u might as well wait for psp to come out were u live now cause if u order a jap psp u anit getting untill feb- march.. because sony arnt makeing enough units to meet pre orders so the wait for importers will be longer unless you are like the first on the list

and yes jap psp is region free on games .. not movies ..music unknown... back to movies it depnds were u live if u live in europe then u can play jap movies .... but if u live in usa u can only play us movies and orthers in your region..so basicly its like DVDs regions

hope i helped you out man
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
w3rd
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Until a firmware hack is released to play other region umd movies Cool .

About playing a FPS on the PSP..... I could see how it might work using the four buttons on the right to move and the analog or d-pad to look. The stlylus for the DS is just too weird and is a bit awkward for me to handle. Driving was a pain for RR DS w/ the stylus. But only time will tell on the two systems. Preordered my PSP, now I'm just waiting....
DappaDizzle
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

were did u preorder from
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

psikey wrote:
@duke_uk

I have import on order which with VAT & duty may come out at £150 seeing as the importers charge in US$ and its 1.95 to GBP at the moment.

The forcast UK prices i've seen is anywhere between £175-£225.

Cheers for the heads up. Cool

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DappaDizzle wrote:
u might as well wait for psp to come out were u live now cause if u order a jap psp u anit getting untill feb- march.. because sony arnt makeing enough units to meet pre orders so the wait for importers will be longer unless you are like the first on the list

seems like you're a bit frustrated 'cause you haven't place your preorder in time Wink (like i did, LET'S GO LIK-SANG! Very Happy )

but you seem to forget that sony is making money by selling systems. they're trying to create a market share, so they'll have to sell a lot of systems. and a lot of publishers have invested a damn load of money for licensing and game development. who's gonna buy their games?

right now, sony is doing a tremendous job in creating a lot of hype for the psp, but i'm pretty sure they will deliver enough systems to make everyone happy, even before the end of the year.
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

actually sony is taking a loss on each psp sold. they cost more to make then they're selling them for
weak
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

that's true, as we all know, for almost any gaming system. but they're still making money by selling systems since the revenue comes from the games.

take it how you want, no sells, no money.
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

true

gamecube and ds were both beeing sold at a profit since launch tho.

Xbox, PS and now psp were all launched at a loss, but as the production proces matures costs drop and, usually after a year or 2 tops they start making profit on the hardware aswell as the software
weak
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

didn't know (and didn't think) that nintendo makes profit with ds hardware. that's an interesting point.

let me add that nintendo did a great job at supplying DS hardware. although some major sites, like IGN, interpreted the lack of 'shop campers' as a lack of interest in the DS, what will last imho, is the fact that nintendo satisfied a lot of customers.

we'll see how sony's gonna handle the situation. every customer who can't get a hand on a psp is a potential nintendo customer ...
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah i noticed the ign thing. From the pics ive seen there were very long waiting lines in other stores tho. seems ign went to a less popular store or smt :s
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hehe wasn't a single line here but i still didn't get one

who the heck releses a game system on a sunday?? oh ya nintenDOH!

DappaDizzle
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

weak wrote:
DappaDizzle wrote:

seems like you're a bit frustrated 'cause you haven't place your preorder in time Wink (like i did, LET'S GO LIK-SANG! Very Happy )

but you seem to forget that sony is making money by selling systems. they're trying to create a market share, so they'll have to sell a lot of systems. and a lot of publishers have invested a damn load of money for licensing and game development. who's gonna buy their games?

right now, sony is doing a tremendous job in creating a lot of hype for the psp, but i'm pretty sure they will deliver enough systems to make everyone happy, even before the end of the year.

no i dont like import systerms i only import games...and sony said their thier being limited becuase of their great loss they made on the psx ( ps2 pimped out) and now they have 100's of thosounds systerms stocked cause no one wants them

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic