FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Xlink Vs. XBL View next topic
View previous topic
zomby
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a quick question for those who may have played XBL before or maybe even used it their own systems for a while. In a lot of games lately on Xlink i have been noticing an incredible amount of lag. Now i realize that this may be cause by a number of factors including that my wireless router is an entire 3 floors above my xbox, but does ne1 know if XBL lags less? Thanks.
amadeus
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

xbox live does lag, i dont like xbox live, to impersonal

dirtlegdan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that is most definitely your setup man...
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and jumping in to one of those games where the host thinks he's running fiber optics Rolling Eyes

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yup exactly, ill be getting fiber optics soon though, so join my game sometime. What game are u trying to play anyway ? if its Halo 2, alot of people host that game for 16 players and ALOT of thier internet connections just dont support it. But with my 2 megs up, feel free to join my game sometime.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think the main advantage of xbl is, that you can't use a trainer.

Quest
MaxPowers
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You do have to pay for XBL but it's nice. Becaue the player witht he best connection always hosts it runs very nicely. There sometimes lag but most of the time the games run smooth.

Having a chip got me my ban.
I miss XBL and won't ever be the same without it.
Crying or Very sad
RaZa
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I never intended to buy XBL myself, and XLink Kai is an almost perfect replacement for it (I have tried XBL). I find it much easier to get together with my mates for a game of Halo 2 or something, as most of them don't have XBL anyway.
PFK
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i hadnt even let my xbox be in the same area code as a mod chip or anything like that, and i still got banned from xbl for it, which happens to be quite gay in my professional opinion
[H8D]Zorkon
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL that sucks man.

Funny thing is that when my friend modded his and called to cancel his XBL, they didn't want him to go. They offered him some free months of service and reduced cost, etc. But of course he didn't say that he got it modded. He said he sold it, so I don't know why they would try to push their service when he said that... But I wonder if they'd still have pushed had he said he modded it, heh.

I am Zorkon from Zorkonius. Please, call me Zork.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, we should make it so people can only host 8 in the Halo 2 rooms. Most have 386-512 upload connections which can only handle 6-8 people playing at one time. But I am sure that might be a little extreme for those who have connections that can handle it.

Does XBL lag? Yes, you are still going over someone’s ISP and if each person has 386 upload, someone is going to bounce through walls. I really do get less lag on Kai than XBL but again I play with people that know how to host and how many users there line can handle. Best for you to find the same and join the games where you know the host can handle X amount of users on the connection he/she has.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, Join games that can handle the connection. I discourage you to join games in the "americas" arena unless u KNOW they have a nice upload speed. There have been more and more big games that are in private arenas.

Ive played this on XBox live and i must say it is nice. Nothing For me to jump up and Buy it though. I know how to use kai for my advantage and get on good games. Xbox live doent allow me the freedom that xlink kai does. Especially having a modded xbox

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
[img]http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/media/banners/04_thumb.jpg[img]

Code:
[img]http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/media/banners/04_thumb.jpg[/img]

a-one ^^ ur sig should work now Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah you're lagging because some idiot doesnt know how to host right with his connection or you're playing in a public arena. I think lag will be cut down by 80% if people even bother to use Geolink, but I'm hoping Geolink will have a perimeter to how far you can go out with it if i'm confined to only play with the people in my area of saginaw, michigan, then Geolink will be pointless to me and countless others because I know theres only two people that use Kai in my area. Idk just my input and I'm probably just thinking too much, but I really do hope Geolink isn't confined like that.
xTin_Pu
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

XLink is the best thing!!
I tried XBL in SC:PT and i hated it, u can't choose with who u play it sux, in XLINK u have more control...

XBL Advantages:
-Opitmatch [Chooses the fastes host] Soon will be out performed by GeoLink [I hope so Smile]
-Number of players
-No cheats

If the users of XLink did everything by the rules,
e.g. host depending u'r connection, set status, names etc...
XLink would be good as XBL, mayB even better
Laughing !
-[AKZ]-vh_202
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk @ Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:52 am wrote:
Yeah, we should make it so people can only host 8 in the Halo 2 rooms. Most have 386-512 upload connections which can only handle 6-8 people playing at one time. But I am sure that might be a little extreme for those who have connections that can handle it.

well what you could do is you know how changes were made to the engine to automatically set your status to hosting when opening your own private arena. something similar to that could be done in limiting the number of ppl allowed in the room based on what upload speed their profile says they have. the only problem i can see with this is ppl not keeping their profile up to date

also from tin_pu

geolink will be only based on gaining good pings and wont help with morons who dont know how many ppl to host with respect to their connection whereis i think optimatch would consider both pings and connection speed.
tho i do agree with ur last comment. y arent ppl more intelligent Wink

what is it with americans anyway. i seem to be able to play most of you from another continent ok with only slight lag but you ppl complain about being on the other side of a country. The best i can do in australia is hope to play someone on the otherside of the country and im doubting our infrastructure is anywhere near as good as urs.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic