FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Games on Hard Drive Won't Auto-recognize in XBMC View next topic
View previous topic
stevedensmore
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been searching through post for the past two hours and haven't found the cure to this problem yet. Why is it that when using Kai in XBMC, it sometimes overlooks other video games I already have installed on my machine. I went through once and took all the spaces out of the folder names and one more was noticed. Does anyone have a tip on how to make all your games that are compatible with Xlink show up so you can play them off the hard drive like the rest?

Thanks,

SD
XbcSharpShooter
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

XBMC looks for your saved games, so just open up a game and make a profile in it, and save it, then xlink will see the game..

I also think xbmc looks for your games in the F:/Games folder..

stevedensmore
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I already hit up the settings and pointed it towards Games on the F Drive, as that's where mine are too. So I guess I'll try the saved games thing, hope it works. Thanks, DVD
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Make sure you've always got the latest CVS build, and read the XBMC forum. There's *PLENTY* of posts about this over there..

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to long ago I started a thread about the same thing pretty much http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4413

my problem has never been solved and I have tried daily cvs builds with no luck of getting all my installed system link games working.

I have decided it must be the orb I am connting to :/
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerICQ Number
runtime
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy and I have a solution in the works; should be more reliable than the current mechanism.
Noodlez
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had an idea, but it's surely overkill or not very good, but anyway wny not have a menu that list all supported xbox games and you can check witch ones you have or for that matter witch ones you would like to show up. Sort of like how you can check what games you have in your xlink profile on the website (heck maybe it could tie into that) That way say you rent games well once the game is back at the store or whatever you don't have it but maybe xbmc is picking up some left over info, if there was a list the user could matain that wouldn't happen.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerICQ Number
runtime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem has always been about getting an up-to-date list of compatible games, and for that requesting from XLink is the logical solution; the solution we're working will address this, and in future we may incorporate your idea Smile
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

one small issue i have with the auto finding games is that the path can only be setup like so f:\games .. i keep my games in f:\action, f:\sports , f:\racing and so on so i tried to put just f:\ as the path, no dice .. it finds all my games and adds them to the list because it grabs them from the saved games so that part is fine .. i dunno i don't use xbmc kai all that much so its not a big deal and i guess i could move all my xlink compatible games to something like f:\xlink and edit my evox.ini accordingly .. no biggie .. :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
runtime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the path should never end with \

try f: instead - although now i think of it the games folders need to be located immediately underneath the specified dir so that wouldn't work in your case.

e.g. with 'f:' you have to have a structure like 'f:\halo'
e.g. with 'f:\games' you have to have a structure like 'f:\games\halo'
Creido
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

will XLink/XMBC find a game under F:\Games\Action\Halo2???? or similar (F:\Games\Sports\gamename) I would hate to lose my subdirectory structure for normal game launching from withinAvalaunch (with a cool little password protect program I am finally getting to work I can keep my little boy out of my Action games and into only his personal folder of games).

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic