FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Compatible Wireless Adapters for Kai View next topic
View previous topic
Argull
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be grateful if you could update the compatible adapters list since there are lots of new adapters on the market since the last update.
For example, can you tell me if there is a "xlink mode" on these ones ?

Belkin N150 (F7D1102az)
Belkin N300 (F7D2102az)
Belkin N600 Play (F7D4101az)

d-link DWA-121
d-link DWA-131

Thank you very much[/url]
TANK-T21
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi...i would like to share that the
1. Edimax ew-7128g Pci Adapter is compatible with Xkai with window XP....not yet tested with windows 7 32bit...
2. TP-LINK TL-WN721N is also compatible with xkai using windows XP and Windows 7 32bit...
3.Tenda W541U V2.0 ....also is comapatible with xkai using windows Xp & Windows 7 32bit...
4.CD-R King CW-5370 Ralink RT5370 also is comapatible with xkai using windows Xp & Windows 7 32bit...280.00PHp
5.CD-R King LP-8187 is compatible with Xkai with window XP

Note...for TP-LInk & Tenda & CD-R King CW-5370 in Windows 7 32 Bit you have right click the icon set up ICON and select Properties click compatibility choose service pack 3 & Run as administrator...
Remember to configure the adapter to xlink enable also set to adhoc B if there is an option in the adpter configuration menu...don't enable other setting if your not confident...
all CD-R king adapter i mention are are available at any branches of CD-r King....Buy it before it runs out...
hope this will help others set up xkai hope to see you fellow hunters... one day in the arena....Lets Hunt....
Warprince
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Argull wrote:
It would be grateful if you could update the compatible adapters list since there are lots of new adapters on the market since the last update.
For example, can you tell me if there is a "xlink mode" on these ones ?

Belkin N150 (F7D1102az)
Belkin N300 (F7D2102az)
Belkin N600 Play (F7D4101az)

d-link DWA-121
d-link DWA-131

Thank you very much[/url]

This is also something I'd like to know since I see a lot of them in the stores, but I didn't know if they had psp xlink, so I didn't buy them :/
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all check this list here--> http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_chipset.php?chipset=Ralink If the adapter you want to buy has a ralink chipset for example "rt2870" it is kai compatible to check what chipsets ralink has heres the driver site sorted by chipsets--> http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/support.php?sn=500 hope this helps.
Warprince
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

giggyprince wrote:
First of all check this list here--> http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_chipset.php?chipset=Ralink If the adapter you want to buy has a ralink chipset for example "rt2870" it is kai compatible to check what chipsets ralink has heres the driver site sorted by chipsets--> http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/support.php?sn=500 hope this helps.

The first link doesn't work, I googled it to let the right link show up, but that also doesn't work -.-"
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both links work perfectly fine for me. Either the site was down or your browser settings/addons interfere with the site.
mecorx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I would like to report that Logitec LAN-W150N/U2BK and Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM (both Japanese wireless USB dongles) works with PSP (Monster Hunter 3) on Windows 7 x64 and I presume x32, Vista and XP as well.

Instructions for Logitec LAN-W150N/U2BK on Windows 7 x64
For Windows 7, you will need uninstall whatever driver you have for the adapter and instead download and extract the driver archive (Logitec_XLKWD200.exeq) found here through Applocale on Japanese:
http://www.logitec.co.jp/down/soft/d2910/d2910.html

Then you install the Windows XP driver for XLink Kai with this:
Xlinkkaiソフト→GMW→Logitec_Xlinkkai.exe
Run it as Administrator with Windows Vista compatibility.

After it finishes installing, find the entry for the wireless usb dongle in Device Manager. It should be called something like "802.11n WLAN" have a yellow ?. Right click it and click on "Update Driver Software" > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Logitec Corporation > Logitec LAN-W150/U2 Wireless LAN Adapter.

Your computer will warn you that it's unsigned but install it anyway.

After the driver is installed, find the adapter in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, right click on it and select Properties. Then, you want to select Configure, switch over to the Advanced tab, look for "PSP Xlink Mode" under Property and then enable it.

Now you can connect your PSP with Ad-Hoc on Channel 1.

Instructions for WLI-UC-GNM on Windows 7 x64
Download the driver archive (kaicd7-4-22-2.exe) from here http://xlinkkai.jp/download.html, extract and update driver with the one in the folder C:\BUFFALO\KaiCD7-4-22-2\Drivers\UCGNM\WinVista
Warprince
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone has the D-link DWA-125 are there any cons I should know of before buying?
[MRC]Link1275
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I may have found an adapter that can work. However Kai won't start so I can't test it, this is it's amazon.com page if anyone has it that can test it http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-802-11N-Network-Adapter-Noteook/dp/B00333AWTA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top . The chip model is listed a few times in the review.
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Link1275 wrote:
I may have found an adapter that can work. However Kai won't start so I can't test it, this is it's amazon.com page if anyone has it that can test it http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-802-11N-Network-Adapter-Noteook/dp/B00333AWTA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top . The chip model is listed a few times in the review.

Some customer reviews show that chipset is Realtek. But, Technical details shows that chipset is Ralink. Are there some versions in this product?
It is known that Realtek RTL8192 family wireless network adapter can work for kai. Similarly, it is known that Realtek RT2870 family wireless network adapter can work for kai.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

karmic wrote:
Link1275 wrote:

Some customer reviews show that chipset is Realtek. But, Technical details shows that chipset is Ralink. Are there some versions in this product?
It is known that Realtek RTL8192 family wireless network adapter can work for kai. Similarly, it is known that Realtek RT2870 family wireless network adapter can work for kai.

I used the terminal on my linux computer to determine the chipset and it was an RTL8188CUS. I'm not sure if that's in the 8192 family, but I know the two are close. I also got kai to detect it and my PSP.
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Link1275 wrote:
I used the terminal on my linux computer to determine the chipset and it was an RTL8188CUS. I'm not sure if that's in the 8192 family, but I know the two are close. I also got kai to detect it and my PSP.

Please let me know vendor name and model number, version and revision of your wireless adapter.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

karmic wrote:
Link1275 wrote:

Please let me know vendor name and model number, version and revision of your wireless adapter.

It doesn't have anything related to the vendor, model, or revision and version on it. It just says 802.11b/g/n and 150Mbps WIRELESS USB ADAPTER. I also haven't been able to use it to connect to anyone over kai yet(which could be a kai issue).

EDIT: I managed to connect with some people over kai on MHFU once for just awhile, but I haven't been able to connect with anyone again. Also this is my adapter info that I managed to pull out of my USB port data: Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0bda:8176 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188CUS 802.11n WLAN.
SANDUGO
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think kai has orbital problem this past few days..

so i think it not good to this ur adapter, i even use mine for a less than a month but now, i cant even play kai, cant see other players..
zer0wing-G
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

guys, this is about CW-5370 from CD-R King
I got a question for I was tweakin this for so long.

*Does Wireless USB Network ADAPTER require me to Downgrade to 5.50?
For i am at 6.20 Pro C Online
*Is it really CFW specific or could I use this even on 6.20Pro B8?
I could connect from the network on Mhp3rd but couldn't see them.
Why is that? 7Neutral

More instruction about this Adapter will do too.

**ADhoc-to-USB works like nothin bothers me though**
I just wanted to use Remote Joy & play on bigscreen so I could record some.

Last edited by zer0wing-G on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It doesnt matter which PSP CFW or original FW you are using with an adapter. Whats important is that your adapter supports "PSP-Xlink Mode" check the properties of your adapter--> http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8320/bild8.gif

The CD-R King CW-5370 has a Ralink RT5370 chipset it seems, and Ralink chipsets support PSP-Xlink mode in general.
source Tank-T21 post (2nd post of this page and thread)

Drivers here--> http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/support.php?sn=500
you might have to install the drivers with xp compatibility mode to make it work.

Last edited by giggyprince on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
zer0wing-G
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

giggyprince wrote:
It doesnt matter which PSP CFW or original FW you are using with an adapter. Whats important is that your adapter supports "PSP-Xlink Mode" check the properties of your adapter--> http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8320/bild8.gif

The CD-R King CW-5370 has a Ralink RT5370 chipset it seems, and Ralink chipsets support PSP-Xlink mode in general.
source Tank-T21 post (2nd post of this thread)

Drivers here--> http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/support.php?sn=500
you might have to install the drivers with xp compatibility mode to make it work.

Yes, im very much thankin you with the response though.
It worked yesterday for a bit.
When I say for a bit, the result was kind of less than Adhoc to USB's performance.
I see lesser people on Kai.
I dunno why was that.
I've been so glad when someone popped up the 1st time just before I try to configure between Winpcap & PSSDK.

Gotta test your stuff out right away.
Thanks dewd.

EDIT: aww just found out that RT2870 i got is compatible.
Anyways, proper configuration for that Adapter against kai is what i need
Like that PSSDK over Winpcap, that follow NAT & ID thing.
Thanks for those anyway.

Last edited by zer0wing-G on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
[MRC]Link1275
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been able to confirm that the Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter is compatible with Xlink Kai, and not it is not already on the list of compatible adapters(I checked to make certain).

I love this sig.
karasu1993
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Netgear WNA100 works like a charm on Win7. You simply have to use the software that comes with the driver to config the Ad Hoc, then use the default windows wireless connection thing to connect to your router.
TANK-T21
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greeting fellow hunters...It's good to be Back...anyway
I'm now using a Windows 7 in my computers and I find out that the best compatible Wifi for our PSP using Windows 7 is the TP-LINK TL-WN721N. this setup wont disconnect even if you re re-rentering GH so once connected this wont disconnect so you dont have to click the connection everytime you would like to change weapon or go to the kitchen to eat...In Monster Hunter freedom Unite...Well good luck & see you in the GUILD HALL....

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic