View previous topic
obietitch
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Question
I have recently strated using Kai more after a laggin spell on XBC, lol

I have avalaunch and xbmc and use both to run Kai from (engine only) p.c

However I recently realised I wasnt exactly sure how to use Kai, when hosting, I know its really easy most of the time, as i can control everything through my xbox, but the problem is this

Last night I was playin Rainbow six 3, black arrow, there where about ten of us, having a great game, and suddenly a Brazilian decided to join, However because I was hosting (via xbox) and playing the game, I was unable to kick him, He remained in the room and caused serious lag that then forced players to leave, In the end I had to restart xbox and join another arena, (forced to play retrieval:(.

This was quite annoying so again I set up another arena trying to use both xbox and full kai on pc, however the kai switched to engine only and again i lost the chance to kick laging users.

I was wondering is there any way of kicking players when running from ava & xbmc, or would it be best if I used pc kai, when hosting (annoying that i have to keep switching profiles, as sometimes I will host then join and vice versa, which would mean switching profile several times a night....

Any ideas, or is this maybe something that could be incorporated into a future pc, Kai. engine only feature

Please feel free to post threads on any service of Kai you are unsure about Twisted Evil
amadeus
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

once the xbox is ingame or whatever, just load KaiUI.exe and the pc ui will attach to the engine and if its a private arena you can kick people just fine. Yes it will take a commute for that sorry, but that is your best bet

SS-CybrPunk
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As Amo said, once you're in game the only way to control your arena is through some form of a UI - that can be in the form of a PC, linux box, jUI running in a browser, the .NET version for pocket pc, a MAC running os X......

but I think you get the idea.

on the PC you just need to run KaiUI.exe and it will automatically open up in the arena the engine is running - so if you're in your own arena it will start up right there. I have a shortcut on my desktop for the UI itself since I probably use that more often than the startup icon.
obietitch
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

all seems pretty straight forward, i'll give it ago when i'm online later,

Thanks

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic