FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 a small feature request View next topic
View previous topic
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i was wondering if its at all possible to add an option to xbmc to not start kai .. the reason i ask is because i have multiple xbox's on my network .. i've explained this in another thread somewhere but here is my scenario : engine is running on WRT.. i have a computer hooked up to my tv in the living with a wireless keyboard and mouse , this is where i run kai most times, sometimes i use my computer downstairs and sometimes i use xbmc on either of my 2 xboxs (soon to be 3) ... the problem is if i'm playing online upstairs with the UI open on my tv computer and my girl decides to watch tv downstairs using xbmc as soon as she turns on the xbox (i have xbmc as my dash) the UI upstairs shuts down, this doesn't shut down my game but its kind of annoying .. i set the engine IP in my xbmc downstairs to one that doesn't exist and yes that stops it from connecting but it also prevents me from ever using it from that xbox .. is it possible to have a choice maybe .. run kai all the time / run kai only when called upon (my programs/xlink) / don't run kai at all .. thanx runtime, xbmc and kai kick ass :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
runtime
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll add a pop-up that asks you if you want to take over control of the kai engine ("Would you like to login to XLink Kai?'). Then just tell your girlie to click on the 'No' button Wink
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kewl man , thanx! .. you guys rule :]

edit: of course having the popup would be an un neccessary step for users with no problems with the constant connection ..

oh i have quick question unreleated to all this but i was just thinking about something , i have the PSO keyboard adapter for a usb keyboard , will this work in xbmc ? u think a wireless usb keyboard would work ? thanx.

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
runtime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You'll only get the pop-up if the engine is attached to another UI. if you start up and exit XBMC gracefully (i.e. shutdown/reboot/launch game) you shouldn't ever get that pop-up. maybe i can add a setting like 'always take over engine' (disabled by default)

Pretty much any USB keyboard should work using an XBOX USB adapter.
afandieX
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

runtime wrote:
You'll only get the pop-up if the engine is attached to another UI. if you start up and exit XBMC gracefully (i.e. shutdown/reboot/launch game) you shouldn't ever get that pop-up. maybe i can add a setting like 'always take over engine' (disabled by default)

this would be a well-appreciated feature. restarting kauUI on the pc everytime i IGR (have xbmc as my dash) is driving me nuts.

perhaps having 3 options we can choose in the settings instead?

1. always take over engine
2. never take over engine
3. ask (with a pop-up)
XbcSharpShooter
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there should be ab option under the kai settings:
launch Kai on startup (yes, no)
always take over engine
never take over engine

Jump to: