FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Help! Can't exit Arena to Messenger mode... View next topic
View previous topic
indiggio
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody,

When I have the Kai engine running stand-alone and use XBMC as the UI, I'm dumped into the Arena root. Other buds using regular UI see me in an arena but I want to be in Messenger Mode.

Does anybody know a way to exit Arena mode and get into Messenger mode.

Yes, I've gone over to the Friends tab but others still see me in the Arena root. Just changing tabs doesn't seem to have any effect.

Also posted this over on XBMC Kai forums as well but haven't received any insight.

Hanx!
I
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is no messenger mode in XBMC, nor will there be. The aim is to get everyone using all the features through XBMC, including the invite features..

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. The object is to get everyone to use all the features of kai. The only issue is that most people don't have a modded xbox. NONE of my friends do and I won't mod them for them either. I figured mine out by myself and if they are too stupid to figure it out for themselves then they can just awe over mine. Suites me just fine!

However, having all my friends in messenger mode and leaving me in the arena is not cool! I don't like hosting games because I don't always want other people joining. Sure, I can set up a password but then I have to let everyone know what it is. The simplicity of having messenger mode is what brought me to kai in the first place. Not having it in XBMC is very dissappointing! I guess that I will just continue to use my PC until I can pick up some more friends that have a modded box.

Where are you Messenger Mode?
Blaz3d
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it be possible to make make messenger mode in a python script or is tht a stupid question? Laughing
AmyGrrl
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree... I have issues with trying to connect to someone using the UI on the PC... and I use the XBMC UI instead... I try to send an invite, they don't get it.... I can only seem to get them to connect to me if I Host....I can't just add someone to my friends list if I know their nick, so I have to load the PC software to do that... I really do think the UI in XBMC needs to be fixed up...
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Persuader1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, the developers need to do something here. Anyone interested in changing the UI for XBMC?
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Persuader1 wrote:
Ok, the developers need to do something here. Anyone interested in changing the UI for XBMC?

If no one replies here, it might be even better to try the XBMC forums, yeah? I'm sure there'll be someone there who's willing to make a new build if you haven't already. Smile

XxJustBlazexX

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic