FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 So, how does Xlink compare to XBConnect? View next topic
View previous topic
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hehe, yeah it's great, especially at busy times when you can just scroll down a big list of hosts on your XBox Razz

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i just read this thread... http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70... and now im a little confused, the part about having all the games listed on the xbox is for everyone right? not just people with modded xboxs?!?!?
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes it's for everyone. When you boot the game, for example Halo, you go to the "Looking for games" screen. From there, if games are being hosted, they will be listed. Or you can host your own game.

The dashboards with Kai integration will just control what you would otherwise do on the PC - navigating arenas etc.

Hope that clears it up Wink

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right it's for everyone. Once you are in an arena it's done on the game side of things. Much like xbox live, except less features. Modded boxxes alow you to navigate arenas from your xbox too.
TheLightning
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeha that clears everything up! thanks alot... hope to see some of you on HAlo sometime!
Odb718
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish there was a way for Kia to find out your xbox name and post it by your Xtag. Too many dashers and prancers and pirates out there for me.
This way if you wanted a game with someone with a low ping you could compair the name and get into the right game.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Odb718 wrote:
I wish there was a way for Kia to find out your xbox name and post it by your Xtag. Too many dashers and prancers and pirates out there for me.
This way if you wanted a game with someone with a low ping you could compair the name and get into the right game.
So funny, and so true. I am dan the man, if you ever see it on halo you know its KILLER(B) aka SS-Funk

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[IXS]eXodus wrote:
Yes it's for everyone. When you boot the game, for example Halo, you go to the "Looking for games" screen. From there, if games are being hosted, they will be listed. Or you can host your own game.

The dashboards with Kai integration will just control what you would otherwise do on the PC - navigating arenas etc.

Hope that clears it up Wink

One more quick question: Will Kai display the amount of games going on and the amount of players in each arena? This would be helpful since then I could quickly check in Kai whether it's a bit busy, and if it is, I can go to my Xbox. Also, will I need my Xbox to be switched on/in the "Looking for Games" screen when I launch Kai? Or does the program not need to detect the Xbox before I can play each and every time (which is the case in XBConnect)?
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brainboy wrote:
One more quick question: Will Kai display the amount of games going on and the amount of players in each arena? This would be helpful since then I could quickly check in Kai whether it's a bit busy, and if it is, I can go to my Xbox. Also, will I need my Xbox to be switched on/in the "Looking for Games" screen when I launch Kai? Or does the program not need to detect the Xbox before I can play each and every time (which is the case in XBConnect)?

I usually switch my XBox on after I meet my friends or the people I'm going to play with, so I think Kai can detect your XBox anytime you're in an arena - might need that confirming by an XLink Team member though Smile

Kai displays the amount of players in each arena before you even enter it, and you can get full stats from the website - look at the bottom right of TeamXLink.co.uk Smile

I don't know for a few more hours yet (the suspense!) but there may be more stats availible from within the Kai program itself. But like I said, you can see the number of players in each arena so yo ushould be fine. You can also see which consoles each user has on their network Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this is pretty nifty. so how many hours will it be? i live in minnesota...that's GMT-6:00 i believe. and how do you think the servers will be once everyone tries to download at once? think it'll be suitable and handle everyone?
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2 hours and 2 minutes from this post (about)

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk wrote:

toyght. i'll be at work, but when i get home...yayness! so it's late in the UK now?

[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

zatch wrote:
SS-Funk wrote:

toyght. i'll be at work, but when i get home...yayness! so it's late in the UK now?

Not really, it's aout 9:45pm as I type. Just a few hours to go! Very Happy

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KAI sees all games, without having xbox turned on. just go to arena, chat your friends, and if you decide to play, turn on your xbox and play Smile

zatch
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Raix wrote:
KAI sees all games, without having xbox turned on. just go to arena, chat your friends, and if you decide to play, turn on your xbox and play Smile

like xbc but better once the xbox is on.

and
[IXS]eXodus wrote:
zatch wrote:
SS-Funk wrote:

Not really, it's aout 9:45pm as I type. Just a few hours to go! Very Happy
well 9:45 is a huge difference compared to here. it's 3:48 now in Minnesota

EvilFetus
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Odb718 wrote:

Hehe, I love the name of my modded Xbox. It's Copyright Infringer spelled in l33t letters and stuff.

Definitely unique.
Mako
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, one more question on this.... sorry if it's been answered. There is be typically an "Arena" to play a whole big list of games available via your Xbox multiple player screen ... I got that. And I am guessing there is a way to make your own private room for people (friends) to play? Right??

So the only way to kick people is to start a private room, you can't kick someone from your game from the "Arena" games other than shutting down your made game?? Right??

Thanks in advance.
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you pretty much nailed it there Mako Wink

There's an Arena for each game, and from within the arena, I think you'll be able to make your own rooms, which you - as the host - will have control over kicking.

Within the public arenas, you cannot kick Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats the only way I could think it would work... guess we'll see an hour. Wish they would just release it? Hehe

Thanks again.
Brainboy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, just downloaded Kai. Looks pretty good. However, haven't been able to find a game yet. Probably because there is only 5 - 10 people in the Halo PAL arena at one time. That leads me to my question: Do I need to work myself all the way down the "Arena Tree" before I can see the games on my Xbox? For example, do I have to go into Halo/PAL Arena, or can I just stay in Halo to see the PAL games (and NTSC if my Xbox finds them, but I doubt that will happen)?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic