FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 People doubting about getting live... View next topic
View previous topic
[MG]ScienidE
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey...

For everyone who thinks about getting live to play halo2 ...

DONT DO IT ...

IT works perfectly on xlink, with lag free games, opponents and gametypes you choose...

On live, u get dropped on a cross continent server about 50% of your games leaving you with lag and delay ... this is no fun to play at all..

I have a live account, but havent played online on live for about a week...

Xlink rules......

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

also on live! all people care about is their Stats, so if you lose a game or do something stupid/wrong expect to get called names and be bitched out.

thats what is good about Kai, no stats, therefore everyone is just playing to have fun.

Also I've noticed people on XBL use glitches and cheat more often than on Kai, because of the stats I guess, no one likes to lose cause you might lose a level!?!? oh no! Confused

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol....

for most europeans who want to play ranked its a hell... u get connected to us servers much too often ...

nothing against us and canadian players, but the fact is that the delay/lag is just too much when playing players of your own level ..

the host has such a gr8 advantage....
try it out.... join a european server over xlink ... u will have a much harder time killing them for sure...

100% hits not counting as a hit cause in fact u didnt hit him at all.. he was a few steps further...
On xlink u can select a continent and play with players nearbye... that only leaves lag issues due 2 bandwith and amount of players...

but delay games like the games i sometimes have to play on live, cause of the terrific optimatch system searching a fantastic game for me... NOT ... are normal... Sad

u get the gametypes u dont like, the levels u dont like much too often...
i hate colussus... seen them play it at xlink ?? not much ...
oddball ?? give me a break....

The live system sucks... and unless u dont have a million friends in your friendlist, its hard to get custom games too ..
i've got about 30 friends.... but at night times i can forget about finding a custom game ... my other option is going into matchmaking.... with a much much higher risked of getting a us server because almost entire europe is a sleep due to the limited time zones stretchout.

But when i flip on xlink, chances are im playing within the minute ....

live sucks, lots of cheaters on topspin, and a terrible matchmaking system on halo2 ..... 2 games i have lots of fun with on xlink.....

Do you think bungie will change it ?

with kind regards,
hcore

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HcoreGamer @ Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:07 pm wrote:

Do you think bungie will change it ?

Simply put, no.
Other than one or two things, they seem to have ignored *everything* people have said, no matter how constructively it's been laid out, or how thought through the suggestion is. Seems like they pretty much stopped caring once Halo 2 hit the shelves.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HcoreGamer @ Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:19 am wrote:

IT works perfectly on xlink, with lag free games, opponents and gametypes you choose...

Erm, Xlink lags. A LOT. There's hardly any lag with 16 people on live.
[MG]ScienidE
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jason-4-04 @ Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:16 pm wrote:

that depends a lot on the host... a host has got to know what his upload is... i've seen lag games on custom games on live also, and a whole lot when playing big team battles, and what is even worse than lag.... delay....

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jason-4-04 @ Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:16 am wrote:

There's really no substance in that statement at all. Both services would perform almost exactly the same if you had the exact same environment to test with. Believe me.. Why do you think "Optimatch" is a trademarked feature - what if XBox Live gave you the option to choose from 500 servers without telling you the ping on the screen? Then you've got yourself XLink Kai.. and that's what I believe is Live's only benefit over alternatives - the ability for the XBox to filter out crap connections. On Kai you've just got to do it yourself..

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im with you on that Mate XBL lags as well and all you get there are 11teen year olds just playing to get an extra level on their stats, well whoopdeefrickindoooo.
The level of players for me was to low as i was only a little rank 1 and every frickin game was either time limit or CTF on zanzibar no varity at all.
Plus no control over what game types and most of the matchups are just crap.
Now on kai i just sign in and im in a great game in like 30 seconds flat, the competition is hot the gametypes fun and we have a great match.
The only problem we have at KAI is those lame arsed mofo's who lack any skills whatso ever and use trainers (should be called diapers). But these guys are usually so frickin awful at halo 2 they die anyway and its great practice they are just like dumbarse targets, Who said there were no bots in multiplayer Laughing .

So for me the final thing in the deal is you pay for XBL not for kai thats a winner for me everytime.

Doing a great Job KAI keep up the great work.

Thanks for your time.

Team BugStompers "We Endanger Species"
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic