FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Handheld Gamecube...... View next topic
View previous topic
[AA]Salvation
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't wait to see your video!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
muckers
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Woah dude! Nice job! I can't wait to see a video. You should also do some comparison pics with a GBA or a GBA SP or something so we can get an idea of size. I know you gave measurements, but you should still do comparison shots. Very Happy
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*sigh* got a bit of bad news for the GCp.......lots of problems lately, so I won't be done for another couple weeks Crying or Very sad.............
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what kind of problems Confused
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

broken power board, gotta rewire it and some other stuff, and 1 pack of batteries somehow broke.....anyway, I'll order the new ones tonight and like I said everything should be done in a couple weeks. (would be done sooner if it weren't for school.......)
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

school will pay!!!!

Laughing
TheVillain
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I honestly have to say that that's one nice job!!!

have you actually play tested it yet? How are the controls? Did you keep the wing design of the controllers in place when designing how it would be held?

The main reason I ask this is that I am thinking about doing something similar, but am still in the 'research' stage of my project. I've also got to finish up the real PowerPC (computer built into a power-wheels jeep ^^), as well as my in-dash PC for my car. However, PDA and GCN hacking are going to be my next step.

Also, where do you get the parts from? Do you just order from Nintendo? If so, would it be cheaper to just buy another GCN from the store since they're under $100 (and even less for used)?
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you should put a Broadband adapter in it Smile so you can play it on kai Smile \

[img]Image
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheVillain @ Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:35 pm wrote:
have you actually play tested it yet? How are the controls? Did you keep the wing design of the controllers in place when designing how it would be held?

yes, I have play tested it, although now I'm currently fixing stuff on it like the psu and a few miswired...wires Razz. the controls are ok and I would hold it kind of like a normal controller, only not as comforatable. The back is just a flat plate.

Quote:
Also, where do you get the parts from? Do you just order from Nintendo? If so, would it be cheaper to just buy another GCN from the store since they're under $100 (and even less for used)?

I get parts from various places, Digikey for small components and stuff. I use this place for GC parts, and occasionally I'll get parts from Radio Shack. Also, I get my spare controllers at my local EBgames. Here's the exact link for the batteries I'm using Smile.
l3laze wrote:
you should put a Broadband adapter in it so you can play it on kai \

I removed all the ports on the bottom to save space. Besides, there are only a few games that have LAN capabilities Crying or Very sad......
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any chance you could wire a Wi-Fi PC Card to it? I would think that would save space compared to a BBA. But of course I know nothing about this subject, so I'm probably wrong.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure it's not possible, and if it is, it would be extremly difficult, so I won't even try to do it with a wireless pc card....my best bet is to just open up the bba, see what's inside and how big it is, and if it's small enough I'll put it in Smile!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, yesterday I finishing fixing a lot of the stuff on the GCp, so now it's playable again Smile. It doesn't have any batteries, and the back plate is currently taped down, but it's still fun Smile. as soon as I order my batteries and finish up the rest of the stuff I need to do (add the Z button, make the screw posts, cut holes for the controller board, etc.) I can finally finish it Smile!!!!!!!!!!! too bad I'v got midterms this week, though Sad......
paulk501
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this thing is going to be alsom

about a year ago i built a supernintendo for the car with a old black and white tv in it the materials i used were

a lego box
wood
supernintendo
tv i got at a yard sale for 1 dolar (5 inch b/w)
lighter socket plug with fuse
2 amp fuse
stwiches
wires

and thats about it
i tryed putting a battery in it but that dident work because it became too heavy (10 D batterys 4 aa batterys Wink )

it worked for about 3 months till i figured i would make it smaller and better well when i was done makeing the smaller and better version i found out i reviersed the wires and the transister literly exploded when i pluged it into the car and that was the end of my car supernintendo
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying or Very sad that sucks.......you could probably make another one pretty easily, though Smile. try getting a psone screen, a SNES, and a 7.5v car adapter. Just hook up the screen to the SNES using the AV in jack (if you really want, you can mod the SNES to output a stable RGB signal and hook up RGB to the screen, although it would be a lot easier to just use the AV in jack) After you've got AV hooked up, just hook up the car adapter's outputting wires to the SNES and the psone screen and you can have a semi-portable SNES Smile. to add batteries simply attach a battery with a voltage of at least around 8v or more. 12v would be best Smile. then you'd have a FULLY portable SNES Smile.
oh yeah, today I'm heading over to my local game stores to check out if any of them carry the bba Wink.
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gamestop is the best place to get them Smile
paulk501
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

na i just use an inverter now and hook my n64 up to our cars television
but if i get the chance for a cheap ps1 screen and a gamecube ill join ya in makeing my own
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

paulk501 @ Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:24 pm wrote:
na i just use an inverter now and hook my n64 up to our cars television
but if i get the chance for a cheap ps1 screen and a gamecube ill join ya in makeing my own

A warning: if you're using an inverter, make sure that you check it with a circuit tester. The one I bought from Best Buy had the hot and ground reversed, so the I-Glasses head-mounted display I was using kept shocking me in the nose where the paint was chipped (although the video from my GameCube displayed fine on it). It certainly wasn't fun, but even worse, if someone had been using the full 400 watts that the inverter supported (my I-Glasses are only 4 watts) it could have stopped someone's heart. So be very very careful with inverters because they can often be defective in that way.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah I had one which would spark a bit every now and then.....eventually it just stopped working. now I've got a decent 400 watt one which hasn't giving me any trouble yet, although the beeping noises it makes when it gets turned on sure are annoying Rolling Eyes......
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hmmmmmm I think it's high time for a new pic of the (almost finished)GCp Smile!!!!! here's one of it playing Zelda WW (the gunk on it is from the electric tape that used to hold the back plate on Razz):
and here's one of the back plate Smile:
the reason the controller board isn't in the case yet is because I haven't had time to cut the hole in the back plate yet for it....also, I plan on making a cover for the disc drive, although this will hinder the GCp's use as a hypnotizer and a pizza cutter Wink....also, I'll clean up the back when I'm completely finished Smile
and that thing which my burnt and scarred fingers are covering is the fan.....it has to protrude a bit because the case isn't big enough to have the whole thing inside....since it's partly outside I don't have to cut any holes on the side to allow air in, though Smile.

I tried making a video with my digital camera, too, but it was extremely dark and you could barely even see Link Sad.....I'll try later with a friend's camera to get a good quality video with sound Smile!!!!!!!!
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

awesome!!!!!

i cant wait to see it in action
and if you can make it a long video with you playing different games
please Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
paulk501
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Warning... U GOTA HAVE A COVER ON THAT DISK
RAIDATION WARNING DO NOT STARE INTO BEAM!!!
IM TRYING TO SAVE YOUR EYES( or whatever raidation affects)
PLEASE PUT A COVER ON IT!!!!

than its a nice machine lol

im serious

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic