FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Another Suggestion... View next topic
View previous topic
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make a permanent halo arena entitled Blood Gulf ctf, you'd be amazed how busy it would get ...guaranteed it is the most played mode in halo
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GoatNinja wrote:
guaranteed it is the most played mode in halo

I'm surprised more people aren't bored of it by now :\ I've grown to hate it, since it's way overplayed and just no fun anymore. Explore teh other maps people! Exclamation !

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i haven't played one game of blood gulch ctf yet.. in fact, when i host, it's not even in the regular rotation...

reg rotation: chill out, hang em high, prisoner, rat race, derelict, battle creek, damnation & wizard
Apache_1
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I hate any CTF mode and avoid it like the plague.

But, What I thought would be nice would be to have different areas labeled Newbies or beginners, intermediate and Advanced users.

That way people can go to where they are most fitted to play and would have a more challanging and enjoyable time playing wihtout having to get their ass kicked and not being able to actually enjoy the game.

Or intermediat or advanced players wouldnt have the headache of always telling noobee's to quick rushing the clock or getting quit on because some noobee cant stand getting beat.

In my eyes there isnt a whole lost more that pisses me off is when you finally get into a good lag free game and some newbie quits after you have killed them 3 or 4 times.

Just a suggestion just LMK what ya think on this idea.
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm undecided on that, how do you rank yourself? It's hard to do and also, on XBC you get the noobs/inters who think they're the sh*t on their host, they put "elites" or whatever in their room description Shocked then there's the inters that like to make themselves look good by beating noobs, on their own host, by putting "noobs game here" or whatever...

I think if it dosen't get abused it's potentially a very good feature, but it would also seperate the Halo arenas, meaning less games. Almost every time I'm on Kai we have to tell people not to rush the timer and little things like that.. Though most people seem to ignore us, lots of people seem to have gotten used to it and will listen to good advice.

What I don't like is the people who don't like being beaten and call you a cheater/hacker/noob/[insert 4 letter word here]. A sore-loser section would be good for them Laughing hehe Cool

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Game types are a matter of preference.

I can't help it, but i do enjoy a proper Assault on BG every now n then (always the first game i host... sort-of a warm-up Smile)

Assault = Single Flag CTF 2 Min's only warthogs 3 caps 10+5 sec respawn normal generic weapons.

After that... it's prisoner that's my favourite...

And i dislike Hang 'Em High, however I don't avoid it, in fact, I even host some HeH games (don't I exo?), but still... I find it a very unbalanced map. (Personal opinion though)

But, that's of course why there's an arena mode, so you get a list of games available and you can pick the one you like.

Next, I am greatly OPPOSED to splitting up game areas divided by skill. And this for various reasons; Exo still seems to have faith in users by giving them the benefit of the doubt... however... I've been around long enough to know that it's NOT gonna happen. People WILL abuse the system. And it's impossible to rate yourself as a gamer. Certainly Halo online... the game is too lag sensitive to be any measure for skill. (You can measure yourself to a certain degree, but definitely not properly).

And yes, there will be most definitely less games. And there's always the private arena option... where you can put a description even.... so if you want to play newbies, make a private arena, ask for them. Simple init? You can make the division yourself, however implementing it into the structure of kai is a definite nono in my opinion.

Nemesis - A righteous infliction of justice manifested by an appropiate agent.
In this case, a horrible cunt - Me.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[IXS]eXodus wrote:
I'm undecided on that, how do you rank yourself? It's hard to do and also, on XBC you get the noobs/inters who think they're the sh*t on their host, they put "elites" or whatever in their room description Shocked then there's the inters that like to make themselves look good by beating noobs, on their own host, by putting "noobs game here" or whatever...

I think if it dosen't get abused it's potentially a very good feature, but it would also seperate the Halo arenas, meaning less games. Almost every time I'm on Kai we have to tell people not to rush the timer and little things like that.. Though most people seem to ignore us, lots of people seem to have gotten used to it and will listen to good advice.

What I don't like is the people who don't like being beaten and call you a cheater/hacker/noob/[insert 4 letter word here]. A sore-loser section would be good for them Laughing hehe Cool

perhaps if there was an advanced or elite arena, that you had to earn the right to play in.

This would be easy to set up but almost imposible to implement propley.

plus thats what the clan arenas are for.
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[IXS]Porsj wrote:
And i dislike Hang 'Em High, however I don't avoid it, in fact, I even host some HeH games (don't I exo?), but still... I find it a very unbalanced map. (Personal opinion though)

I agree for CTF but TS and FFA HeH = Cool (each to their own though, for each map there'll be fans and haters:) )

I dunno why it didn't hit me before:
[IXS]Porsj wrote:
private arena

If you can rank yourself, maybe putting your skill level in the description will bring in players of equal skill... But I agree that a skill level arena system would be abused, not by everyone, but I don't doubt for a second that it could lead to problems.

Side Note - If you'd consider yourself a newbie or inter and you want to improve, I'd suggest playing players who are better than yourself anyway, regardless of any arena system, wether the one in place now or any other for that matter. Equal skill games rock because it's tense, comes down to strategy more and could go either way. But playing someone who will own you shows up your faults and you can see what they do, how you can counter it/use it against them in some way etc. There's no better way to improve... But that's going off topic and I'm even starting to bore myself, so I'll go now Smile

EDIT:

taz wrote:

perhaps if there was an advanced or elite arena, that you had to earn the right to play in.

This would be easy to set up but almost imposible to implement propley.

I can't think of a way to implement that at all, other than tourney winners or something similar - but that would usually be exactly the same as a clan arena, and therefore pointless... Again I think it could be a good thing, but again it would lead to seperation of the arenas, people thinking they're superior just because they have access to a special arena etc..

kk... Thinking about it, I think it's best left the way it is, it's easier to moderate that way too. There ya go, another one of exo's long-winded, boring 2 cents Rolling Eyes

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very excellent points made and point taken. Guess the abuse would be hard to fight and therefore maybe not such a good idea.

Personally I would rate myself intermediat as i can smoke any newbie but get my a$$ kicked by the elites.

Yeah you do make an excellent point as to playing someone better than yourself to help improve your own gameplay, i totally agree with that.

But when your playing a newbie and you don't know it and they quit after about 3-4 kills on them that don't help matters either. This has happened to me a number of times and gets very frustrating especially when you finally get a good lag free game going.

I personally will not quit and will go down fighting regardless of the score. Unless there is some serious lag that costs me a good malee attack or kill. That is no fun either.

Thanks for all you input on this and may all you gaming experience be lag free. lol
[IXS]Porsj
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eh Apache_1, I know how you feel... I usually hang out in the Halo PAL arena... My boxname is Ixus... and usually I gotta go through 5 or 6 quitting games before I play one to the end... and my host is pretty gd on kai (taking the word from my clanm8's). Very Happy

But hey, it still beats XBC... i gotta go through at least 15 xbox crashes there before I play a game to the end... Evil or Very Mad

Anyways, we're always happy with user input, so keep those suggestions/ideas/remarks coming. Smile

CU online Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Nemesis - A righteous infliction of justice manifested by an appropiate agent.
In this case, a horrible cunt - Me.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic