FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 xlink on xbmc View next topic
View previous topic
RetsuL
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I only need help from someone that has xbmc on their box. when I try to connect to xlink it says that "the service isnt conected, would you like to attempt reconnecting it with xbmc?. I hit yes. it chills for a min, and then says the same thing again. does any body know how to fix this, or does anybody have the same prob?

Modds: Green Ports, Same Color Green Eject Button, More To Come (Still In Production)
Bios: EvoX
Dash: EvoX
Functionality: Plays All Xbox Titles
Live Gamertag: EOCJUGGALO
amadeus
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First off this should be in the xbmc forum, but here goes. Did you goto settings and enter you xtag and password into into xbmc? if not thats your problem. If you did make sure that any pc firewalls that may be running arent getting in the way, also a stupid question but i gotta ask none-the-less. Did you run Kai config and then set the profile to Engine Only (dashboards) or whatever, then run the the pc kai, which will only launch the engine...THEN run xbmc kai (of course makin sure all info has been inputted properly)

[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

setup guide..

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/xbmc/official_xbmc_kai_guide_1.0.zip

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
RetsuL
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well I kind of got it figured out, but at the same time I am still a little confused. I went to the xbins-kai and got some help. they said that the only way that I can do this is if I set it up on my computer. I thought that you didnt need a computer running to do this. I thought that you could do it by using only your box.
but then the guy contradicted himself and said that you could flash your router with firmware and you wouldnt need to have your computer running the kai software.
I have a smc router can I use this to do what I want?

PS sorry about putting this here, (first time that I posted about xbmc) thanks

Modds: Green Ports, Same Color Green Eject Button, More To Come (Still In Production)
Bios: EvoX
Dash: EvoX
Functionality: Plays All Xbox Titles
Live Gamertag: EOCJUGGALO
amadeus
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically here is the rundown of how this all works.

Kai consists of basically two parts, Kai Engine & Kai UI.

Kai Engine is exactly how it sounds. It is basically the engine of Kai. It handles all the work of Kai. It connects to the servers, handles the gqme connections, etc. It ABSOLUTLY has to be running in order for you to play on Kai. If you go into Kai Config and set the profile to Engine Only, then when you run kai, all you will see is a little icon in the system tray (next to the clock. The reason you see nothing is because Kai UI was not loaded).

KaiUI is basically the interface that you use. You can think of it like a remote control for Kai Engine. Kai UI is useless without Kai Engine. All it does is send commands to Kai Engine (such as switching arenas and displaying text and giving you simple method for typing & sending messages.

Xbox Media Center is basically a Kai UI on the xbox. It is a remote control for Kai Engine. It does not run Kai Engine and therefore without it is useless. Your next question would probably be "Why don't they run KaiEngine on Xbmc?" The reason they don't is because once the game loads it UNLOADS everything else from memory thus any Kai Engine would be closed down. Which brings me to the last part of your question, the router business.

Because you can't run Kai Engine on xbox the next best thing is a router. The only router capable right now is the Linksys WRT54G. The reason for this is because its basically a linux based mini pc and therefore its not illegal to h4x0rZ t3h f1rMw4r3 (there may also be more technical reasons why but I'm not a h4x0rz.

Anyways, I hope this answers all your questions...if you got anymore feel free to ask.

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved to correct thread.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the great... reply to his post...

i was too getting confused... about why this wasnt running.. i thought the xbmc with kai was a complete program... that ran on the xbox with out the need for the pc to interact.. but i was wrong i was under the impression that kai was a standalone program that would ... use the engine on the xbox to connect and do all the work.. without the pc...

i now understand that the xbmc just is another interface to allow me to access the games without using the xlink interface on the pc....

still good stuff....Thanks for that post though helped me understand...everything

i like the xbmc interface better anyhow... and it was easy to get to work
once i had to start the engine
silvertooth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate to ask a question that's been asked before, but I've followed all the steps (I think) that the rean't connect via XBMC. My version is 1-15-05, and I can connect just fine through my computer, but when I switch it to engine only (for dashboards) and try connecting I still get the usual "Service not connect, would you like..." error. My username and password is entered manually in the XBMC==>General==>Settings==>Kai area, and my game directory is set to f:\games (don't think that matters for my issue, though). Any kind hearts out there? I hate running back & forth between rooms to connect then play!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Diab
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You sure the KaiEngine is running? remmebr its two parts, engine and ui.

I swet this up for my first tine earlier too (tho i had kai on pc for half a year now) , if you need to find your network ip you can easily type " cmd " in the run box on windows and then in that type " ipconfig " for your LAN ip (no "'s)

The kai engine will normaly when booted up drop into your systems tray down the bottom right, check there to make sure the kaiengine is working.
sz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had the exact same problem as silvertooth does. I had no problems with connecting when I run xlink on my (win xp) PC in "Normal Kai Use" mode, but through xbmc I did. I ran the 2005-01-15 build of xbmc and v7.0.5.7 of xlink kai.

I downloaded the updated version of xlink kai found here http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7153 and it seemed to do the trick.

Hats off for teamxlink for a great piece of software. Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic