Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pwn Shocked
[MF]Riao
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally use Kai pretty exclusively and have not looked back to xbc (although it still has a "special place on my desktop" Wink . It's the UI that does it for me. I like having the option to browse running servers for a game right on my tv.. This also makes it far easier for other people to join a server that I have going, and thus quicker to get a populated game.

As far as the legality thing goes.. I fail to understand why this comes up so much (not just with KAI, but in modding forums, etc). If I've purchased my xbox, and Halo for example, why would it be illegal to use this hardware/software to its full potential? I understand that it may not be intended for users to create their own maps for the game, but how does hat mean that doing so is illegal? Same goes for the use of the system link on these games. It wasn't intended to be used this way, but again, how does that make it illegal? I think some people have been living for so long under the ruling thumb of the RIAA and other such organisations that their propaganda is actually believed.
jas0npc2003
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like a few other people have started to use kai, cause its the only bit of software that supports our consoles, ps2 and gc`s.

For other software that asks why should they support our consoles, or they wont it just crazy Image

Still as word gets round and people arnt afraid to look for awnsers to their problems with joining or hosting games, The main one being not port forwarding, i think...

well get there
MetalHed
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't want to sound like I'm flaming or anything, but honestly I can't enjoy Kai. I've tried it so many times, simply cuz the ppl here are awesome and the UI is great. But I just can't seem to get a single lag free game of Halo going. I've tried all the tips in all the faq's and nothing helps. Not even private rooms (which sort of takes away from the whole Main Lobby aspect of Kai anyway.) Yet, at the same time, I go on to XBC and play without any lag at all. What gives? How do you people do it? I would really love to use Kai cuz of the reasons I mentioned above, but I'm serious, I've never had a playable lag free game of Halo using Kai. With XBC, I barely ever get any lag. Sad
[MF]Tr1pleThr34t
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MetalHed wrote:
But I just can't seem to get a single lag free game of Halo going. I've tried all the tips in all the faq's and nothing helps.

You forgot one of the main factors for lag: Bad luck.

Honestly, it's possible. I've had pleeeeeeenty of lag free games of Halo as have many others.
On the other hand, i've also had a couple of nights in a row when i couldn't find a lag free game of halo.
I guess it all just depends on who you're playing and how low the pings are.

It could just be that you've been unlucky with kai so far. Wink
[R.I.P]MR-CHIP
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok as a very new player here on kai, ill give my opinions for what they are worth!

1. Love the fact with kai that you can see all games on your xbox at once and can join in whichever you fancy. (Xbc you have to enter each room seperately)

2. Definately agree about the smack talk and kids that piss me off on xbc.
(Although obviously that may be around here and I havnt encountered it yet.)

3. Much easier to see exactly who is playing with you in a certain game on xbc as you are all seperated together in the one room. (This may be available with kai but I am still getting used to the UI which I actually found a bit confusing)

4. The setup of xbc and the support therafter, for any problems is definately more 'obvious' and 'available' with xbc. I looked at many threads, faq's etc when first installing this but still did so feeling very 'fingers crossed' that this would work. I believe I was very lucky in that I already had my xbox on a network and working with xbc before installing kai, as if there had been any problems I dont know where I would have found answers.

Please dont take any negative comments about either programme as a bad thing. At the end of the day, what 1 person likes is never going to be the same as everyone else. I personally use and will continue to use, both apps and am happy I am able to.
the:one-xr
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy wrote:
What is it they say over there?

"pwned" ??

TD

you don't see much of that over here, spelling like that is reserved for the 14 & under crowd at xbchat Laughing

[IXS]Porsj
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought support was pretty well available with xlink... feel free to contact any teamxlink member... they'll help you!

Nemesis - A righteous infliction of justice manifested by an appropiate agent.
In this case, a horrible cunt - Me.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MetalHed wrote:
I don't want to sound like I'm flaming or anything, but honestly I can't enjoy Kai. But I just can't seem to get a single lag free game of Halo going.

For all of you that feel the only thing you dislike about kai is the lag on Halo. Try this and I will try and do it in steps.

1) Log into Kai and then navigate to the Halo room.
2) Create a private room with a password and invite one of your friends to join in.
3) You host a 15 frag slayer
4) Then your friend does the same and you join his.
5) Close Kai
6) Log into XBC
7) Create a room and a password and have your same friend join your room.
Cool Follow steps 3 and 4, but this time you are on XBC.
9) Compare the two and see if you see a difference.

I think the problem is this. Some people have fast connections, T1 (1.54mb) or even higher. Ping tells a lot about the connection you have to someone, but it does not mean they have a better upload than you or that you will or will not lag when playing the game. Weather can also be a factor depending on the type of connection you have and the weather problem. Try what I suggested and I am sure you will find the same thing I did. And with help, if you are unable to locate or don’t want to trouble a TX admin, just post the problem in the forum with details and I know someone if not an army of people will assist. I assure you of that.

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk wrote:
And with help, if you are unable to locate or don’t want to trouble a TX admin, just post the problem in the forum with details and I know someone if not an army of people will assist. I assure you of that.

Well said Funk.

-one of the army (Xlink soldier) Laughing
[IXS]Porsj
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

New forum rank? -> XLink Soldier. bahahahaha! Laughing

Nemesis - A righteous infliction of justice manifested by an appropiate agent.
In this case, a horrible cunt - Me.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Tony52
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

forum rank is a good idea

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic