FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo... NMP!!! View next topic
View previous topic
Poll :: Would you like Xlink to have a different section for Halo hacks?

Heck yeah! As soon as possible!
59%
 59%  [ 28 ]
Umm, kinda not really... How do you hack Halo?
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Nope! Anyone else with a dumb idea for me to say no to?
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 47

Cereal
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe if someone with the knowledge time and that warm spot in there heart Smile can make a couple of map packs customized for xlink, meaning that people that play on xlink can get those packs and easily play eachother without many problems..... if someone were to do this i will gladly help and i think we can setup polls for people to vote for their favorite hacked maps! and the ones that win make the cut! if anyone else is interested drop me an email to kalebeaton87@hotmail.com peace
muerte
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

is there an easy way to apply all those patches for nmp? especially with doing sparkedit all the time.
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

muerte wrote:
is there an easy way to apply all those patches for nmp? especially with doing sparkedit all the time.

if you're talking about the procedure involved...It is necessary to make them compressed and as accessable as regular halo maps, however you can still just patch the cache and play it from there but the only way to make this 'time-effective' is with HCE, but you'll have to do it every time you play.. it only takes about 1/2 hour to an hour to do it permanently, if you want help pm me, and i'll walk you through.
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Following this with interest... we'll happily promote anything you come up with front-page style...

TD
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks TD! It seems no matter where I go to post a wish of some kind.. You answer it within 1 or 2 posts, on 2 occasions before i could even finish my post!!! If I get to annoying with my suggestions let me know.
I'm just a wannabe geek trying to help do cool things!

A kai UI in 8 hours! unfreaking believable!
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cereal wrote:
maybe if someone with the knowledge time and that warm spot in there heart Smile can make a couple of map packs customized for xlink, meaning that people that play on xlink can get those packs and easily play eachother without many problems..... if someone were to do this i will gladly help and i think we can setup polls for people to vote for their favorite hacked maps! and the ones that win make the cut! if anyone else is interested drop me an email to kalebeaton87@hotmail.com peace

The only other person i know working on a second map pack goes by thescottishguy http://www.californialan.com. You can find his awesome hangem high mod here http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=8128.

Looks like someone partial to xbc has caught on http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=8469 and is trying to start an xbc nmp community... some friendly competition! Whoever likes the idea of nmp get it now so we can get to playing, and if you have it open a Halo NMP private arena in Homebrew so we can have a bigger NMP community sooner!! they already have the population advantage and i don't know what they're community is like... but i kind of like ours and would like to see us win!
UltraMagnusxlink
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is UltraMagnus.

I appreciate all of your interest in the Halo NMP project and goatninja has brought this post to my attention. You all have hit one of the key purposes of the NMP. It is designed to be a unified standard for playing Halo. Two people can play modded games without having to worry about how has what version, cache files and all that. Obviously it is still in its first version, but in the next few weeks its version will progress along with the release of more maps for it. All eeryone will need to do is look at the version number (conveniently placed at the bottom of the multiplayer screen in Halo) and you can be confident that all your games will work with another player who has the same Halo NMP version. If you would like to suggest certain maps to be in Halo NMP, please visit Halomods and there will be a voting section for the qualifying maps soon in the Halomods files section under NMP development. Thank you for your support of the Halo NMP project and if you have any questions, i am a member of this forum now and will keep track of this thread.

Ultra
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well there is now an official Halo NMP arena....

See you there Smile

Hope to hear back from you soon UltraMangus! Sweet mod!

TheDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It is designed to be a unified standard for playing Halo. Two people can play modded games without having to worry about how has what version, cache files and all that.

Exactly - and that's what I love so much about it. I believe some people have already created a downloadable "official" NMP package, which only makes things better.

I wouldn't expect much from the XBC crew - their policies tend to discourage mod use, especially in the forum. I'm not having a go at them - thats just how they choose to do it. We are a little more liberal here, and as long as nothing illegal is being exchanges, you will have our full support.

Gonna get some front page news up on this once I'm sure I've got all my facts straight - it's the kind of thing Xant might like for XS too - so that could be sweet.

TD
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i made the front page!!!! somebody please... shoot me now... please!!! please!!!
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok.. I've just had to spend 5 minutes cleaning this thread up - which is a waste of my time.

GoatNinja got the front page mention because:

1.) He told me about NMP.
2.) He got info from halomods.com and HCE, and presented it to me in a form which i could understand.
3.) He made arrangements with the guys at both halomods and HCE to get in touch with xlink.
4.) He didnt bitch and whine like a muel about not getting credit.

You're the second person I've spoken to about this who was moaning because he didnt get "credit".. Hell, if either of you had actually PM'd me or somehow let me know about this, or done something proactive to actually make it happen, you would have got the "credit".

If you have a problem with something, send me a PM - do *not* post shit like that on here - it will just get deleted.

TD
Odb718
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What ever man. I figured in the fact that you posted in a thread, you might have actually read some of it, or at least the very first post. Silly me I thought thats what Admins and Mods are supposed to do.
Not once did you say anything about not understanding this idea. I would have spent more time trying to help you out.
I thought I put a link in my first post to the Halomods thread. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
You're the second person I've spoken to about this who was moaning because he didnt get "credit".. Hell, if either of you had actually PM'd me or somehow let me know about this, or done something proactive to actually make it happen, you would have got the "credit".
I thought starting this thread would be the best way to let you know about this idea. and then I figured I'd add a poll to show how many people would like to see something proactive done to get it started.

Quote:
4.) He didnt bitch and whine like a muel about not getting credit.

Because he did.

And I wont waiste your time with the three new ideas I have.
Thanks for the heads up on that kinda thing.

I don't want things to go sour, and I feel it turning that way. So I'll shut up for awhile.

I hope my reply lived up to your expectations. Feel free to delete it.
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, for a start, admins will only delete things which are pointless. You're allowed to compain about things - of course you are - but do it in a sensible way, and it will get dealt with - do it in a silly way, and it will get deleted.

Secondly, I dont actualy have time to read each and every single post on these boards and reply to / act upon each one - because I have a million and one other things to do at the moment. That's why when Goat approached me and DIE with a proper proposal, to which all I had to do was say "OK - Do it" - I said yes..

I'm sorry if you've got the hump with this stuff - and maybe you should have got a shout for this poll - but all im saying is that atm, people cant expect me / admins to actively hunt through the boards for extra work to do Very Happy If people want something doing, they need to think it through, then approach an admin by email or PM with a concise proposal detailing what needs to be done.

TD
Odb718
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

did i miss something?
samsinite
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With Halo NMP none of the additional textures that aren't in the original game are sohowing up. Anyone know how to fix this?? Please let me know I searched the halomods form forever and am getting tired of looking around on it
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Download app called HCE and you can clear your cache with it

or just make sure to delete everything in the X Y and Z partitions

Kinetix
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

-edited
cyclone714