View previous topic
afandieX
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kancil14 wrote:
hi!!! i've juz joined the xlink...
my tag: kancil14

i got one problem though, everytime i try to start xlink on my computer, it takes a very long time to "downloading kaiNetworkServices package"... anyone knows a reason why this is so? anything that i can do to avoid it coz i desperately wanna start the xlink and play online...

hey kancil, nice to see ya here. resolved the issue yet? firewall maybe?
kancil14
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

afandiewinter wrote:
kancil14 wrote:

i got one problem though, everytime i try to start xlink on my computer, it takes a very long time to "downloading kaiNetworkServices package"... anyone knows a reason why this is so? anything that i can do to avoid it coz i desperately wanna start the xlink and play online...

yo bro... still can't solve the issue... ain't abt the firewall, i dunno how to solve it... still been waiting for the freaking package to download complete... suey man... Razz
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kancil14 wrote:
afandiewinter wrote:
kancil14 wrote:

yo bro... still can't solve the issue... ain't abt the firewall, i dunno how to solve it... still been waiting for the freaking package to download complete... suey man... Razz

have you tried uninstalling, downloading the pack again, and reinstalling.

that might solve the problem.
StingerX
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pls add me to the list.

Name : StingerX
Games Played : Halo, Top Spin
Palmster
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

to all Singapore players, may I suggest that we exchange HP numbers so that it is easier to arrange matches against each other?

please don't post it here, PM me with your

TAG Name:
HP:
Singtel or non-Singtel no?: (bcos can SMS from Singtel Internet page)
Email:

New gamers, still please don't forget to post your
Name
here as usual.
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy wrote:

For now though, if theres anything you need arena wise (maybe an "Asian Players" Arena or something? Then let me know.

TD

TD, if we could get the boxes on the left with the lowest pings to 'float' to the top that would help..

BTW tonnes of kudos to you guys Kai rocks! With no Live service here in Thailand and attitudes on xbc like being kicked just for being from Asia (seriously!!) Kai has been godsent!
Alertlevel
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

alertlevel here reporting, f.u. i recieve the message from pinoyxbox bout the asian community. im still interested in the community Smile Smile just busy this fast few days, anyway see u all online

thanks
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im looking for more Asian players for the top spin tournament, (Wimbledon) as I currrently only have 1 signed up, and would be great if we had at least another 3 sign up.

Rules are here - http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=674

Registration here - http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=677

Many thanks.

Taz
Palmster
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey guys, I see alot of topspinners from Asia here, let's sign up! It will be fun I'm sure.
afandieX
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Calling members from S'pore!

I was wondering if any of ya are active on local forums, besides Xbox Trinity at HardwareZone. Perhaps you guys should spread the word, like Palmster and I are doing at Trinity. BOB members anyone?
trulyasia
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

just to recap, i dun seem to see many people online - perhaps due to people not adding each other in?

Who is in charge of updating the list? and can we set some time areas so we know roughly who is going on and the chances of playing each other are higher? what about our own yahoo group? so we can notify everyone easier on anything?

Kai Tag: trulyasia

YahooIM : wickedinnit2003

Games: anything new and cool Smile, Halo,CounterStrike,Rainbow6,SplinterCell-Pandora,All Unreals, Crimson Skies.

Likely times: Mon 9-11pm, Fri - 8.30pm-2am, Sun evening

yours trulyasia

btw-xbc users etiquette suck esp the americans
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

on Fridays from 20:00 BKK (13:00 GMT) till late
all day on weekends

look forward to playing u all

(have added u all to my buddy list already)
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trulyasia, just to let you know since I started the thread, i'm in charge of updating the first post with the full list of names, locations and games.

I have PM'ed everyone to remind them to add the names in the list to their buddies list but some have still yet to read my PM. This would mean that they rarely visit this forum.

If you think a yahoo group would help, sure. Set one up and post a link back here on what it's called.

As for times i'm on Kai, got a bit of an unpredictable schedule. I'm normally on at the weekends when i'm not out.

I found one of the best times to get on Kai is Saturday morning about 9 onwards. You will see all the US people on their Friday night gaming session. Normally quite a good turn out.

trulyasia
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

F.u. , ok cool . will set up a yahoo session group and post on here. worth a try as updating this list will make this thread very very long and harder to search!

As for fridays, you dun suffer from lag vs usa ? i always seem to have it terrible.

anyway , keep u'all posted. Hope to catch some of you . we have up to 8 system linked players ready to kick some Halo ass on friday nights.

yours, truly asia
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep the first post updated so you only ever have to read the first post to get all the people who have put their names down. no need to read the entire thread.

As for playing the US. I get some lag playing RS3 but that lag has helped me become a better RS3 player.

If I had the choice between RS3 and Halo, I pick RS3. Halo does not seem to give me the satifaction of the kill you get in RS3.

trulyasia
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi F.u.,

mmm always wondered what your name stands for Wink. Anyway, ya durr, didnt think of that . inthat case no point with yahoo group.
Perhaps newbies in diff colour so we know what to add in ?

Hey, you seem to have a cool setup after eyeing your sigature. Have u managed to put linux on yours yet? Mine has the old X2Pro chip but i cant seem to load the bios in properply. ie, does cromwell need 1mb (whcih is all i have ) or can i split into 512 x 2 executor bios, 512 x 2 Cromwell.?
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trulyasia,

f.u. is just my surname "Fu". But everytime I have to tell someone my name over the phone, i'm asked to spell it out and the last part is always f.u. Laughing

as for modding questions. Not tried putting linux on my xbox. I'd try it if I had more time on my hands just in the search of knowledge but at the moment i'm too busy playing my games. Maybe later when the xbox is overshadowed by Xbox 2.

You have the old Xecutor Pro chip. That should be a 1Mb chip. Comes shipped with the cromwell bios to flash your chip with. If you flash a 1MB bios on your chip, you will over write the original cromwell flashing bios. You can reflash the cromwell flashing bios back on to the chip using either a dash that can flash the bios (e.g. evox) or using the X2 external programmer.

Normal peoples set up is 512K for 1 bios in slot 1 & 2 and leave 3 & 4 with the flashing cromwell bios so you can reflash slots 1 & 2 on your X2 pro chip if you want to change bios or it becomes corrupt or somthing.

You know about www.xbox-scene.com right? That where all my information comes from. Hope it's all right.

Oh you can have 512K xecutor bios and 512K cromwell linux bios I think. I heard you can do other combinations of 2 bioses on 1 chip so I don't see why there would be a problem with your idea.

trulyasia
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi f.u,
thks for the clarification on the linux. yeh , will def have to do more experimenting. I think u r right on half banks of 512 . just need to choose the right linux distri.

Sorry for going off a diff angle but i guess what is cool if we can fully utilise the chip. ie, linux, surf the web thru broadband , wireless keyboard, use windows (WINE) , streamining videos, radio, etc. oh and play kai !

will post if i can get it done properly.....
Palmster
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trulyasia wrote:

As for fridays, you dun suffer from lag vs usa ? i always seem to have it terrible.

Hi Trulyasia, I actually love to play US players on Top Spin bcos their pings are consistently 350 and below. Europe players usually give me a 430 ping...

I think that Singtel has a big pipe to US that's why. As for Europe there may be more hops to get there from S'pore? Dunno.
trulyasia
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Palmster,

what about starhub cable? i still get bad lag on halo. Anyway, will wait for Halo2 as it will be primed up for console link play. I keep getting kicked out or sweared at by XBC USA users during chat.

As P Diddy says " Console gaming brings positive motherf888888 chi to society"
- what a poet dude.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic