FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Region-Free Kai Play? View next topic
View previous topic
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, I'm a n00b when it comes to Kai (just joined the forum a couple weeks ago), so I've got a question regarding who can play with whom on GameCube games.

I notice that the arenas for each GameCube game are split into NTSC, PAL, and JPN. I was wondering if this means that people in different regions can't play with each other. Obviously 50Hz can't play with 60Hz, but I would think it would be possible for USA, JPN, and PAL60 to play with each other. I think Warp Pipe supports that, and since Kai seems to have more features than Warp Pipe, I was wondering if Kai allows that.

Thanks in advance. Smile
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
NeoBlizz
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PAL60 vs USA, JPN should be possible, if TheDaddy feels like adding it....

If I remeber correct, WarpPipe hade PAL60 vs NTSC in some of the 0.3.x version for a while (and I'm quite sure I remember it correctly).
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ohh its possible but we figured sence gc needs good ping to play anyway it would be pointless to add it if you won't get a good connection.....i mean i am sure it will be added sooner or later it just not on the 1# to do list...

[img]Image
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

l3laze @ Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:41 pm wrote:
ohh its possible but we figured sence gc needs good ping to play anyway it would be pointless to add it if you won't get a good connection.....i mean i am sure it will be added sooner or later it just not on the 1# to do list...

Well, given how few people I've seen in the GameCube arenas, I think making there be only two arenas, 50Hz and 60Hz, for each game would help. A slow game is better than no game at all. Smile

EDIT: Oh, and what about people with import games?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well,

First up, if you *can* play in 50hz, play in 50hz - it's less laggy than 60hz, for obvious reasons.

As for the region free - yeah it's pretty easy - a certain byte has to be changed from P to E in one of the handshakes - I'll try to add it in for the next pre release engine.

TD
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy @ Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:10 am wrote:
Well,

First up, if you *can* play in 50hz, play in 50hz - it's less laggy than 60hz, for obvious reasons.

As for the region free - yeah it's pretty easy - a certain byte has to be changed from P to E in one of the handshakes - I'll try to add it in for the next pre release engine.

TD

Cool, thanks!
Psy0ps
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes plz...looks like GC is dying out as it is, seems to me anything that would help it out would be a good thing.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic