FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Xlink wireless setup help - config issue View next topic
View previous topic
megachang
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

here is where I am at - running kai engine on a laptop that is linked to internet with netgear super g card (through super g router that is only being used as an access point). I have an xbox wireless adapter on my xbox and have put the mac and virtual mac info in the kai config on the laptop. everything in my house is ran to a 16 port switch and then ito a linksys router then out into space.

OK - I have the IP settings all handled and the xbox sees the internet and the engine ses the console, etc. I can launch XBMC and run kai and see arenas/games/users/chat, etc. (I have also forwarded port 30000 on the linksys router to the xbox ip). The problem comes when I choose a hosted game and select play (in kai) and then it launches the xbox game on my console - the hosted game does not appear in the system link/multiplayer area. It goes through the motions fine until it get to "choose a game" and there is nothing there, the hosted game I chose is not shown. Does this make any sense? Please help Smile
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
TwoCents
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the one thing wrong here I can spot right away, is the portforwarding to the xbox. This should be to the pc running the kai-engine.

And did you read the http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/xbmc/official_xbmc_kai_guide_1.0.zip yet?

And thirdly, you might want to use XBMC for starting the game only. So dont use the kai-client in XBMC the first time if you havent been able to play on kai yet. Using the kai-client on the pc instead might make it easier to solve your problem, since it has Diagnostic Mode (looking glass in the upper left corner in the kai ui)
megachang
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have read it and have changed the forward (port 30000) to the laptop IP. I do not get what the problem can be at this point. I have also tried the kai client on the laptop instead of just the engine. Diagnostic mode looks fine (I assume) and disappears once the link is made.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic