FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo 2 Headset help please View next topic
View previous topic
kevlar
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've ready many posts about using headset in halo 2, most say hit white to talk to team and d pad up to talk to everyone. I just can't get it to work. I can talk in the lobby but as soon as the game starts I get no headset sounds bar for the occaisonal few seconds and static clicks now and then. I know the headset works fine as I play other games with it and as I said, it works in the lobby. I've tried tapping up on dpad as well as holding it.

Any help appreciated.

Kevlar
Poonannie
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you holding the button or tapping the button. You need to hold the white button or up on the d pad while talking.
kevlar
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tried both.

Cheers

Kevlar
wonicles
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

try having everyone set to hosting in the kai room
DK.SwiftTank
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You sure it's not that people just dont talk while playing? I find that unless you're talkin shit with one person who's really close, everyone else just locks up and doesn't talk.

kevlar
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You sure it's not that people just dont talk while playing? I find that unless you're talkin shit with one person who's really close, everyone else just locks up and doesn't talk.

No, I'm playing with a m8. Last night he was playing with his nephew who was hosting. They spoke all the way through the game. He then joined me in my arena and voice was broken.

Kevlar
-{DAF}-TAMWELG
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alot of people are having the same problem and can only hear and talk to the host. If the host doesn't has a headset then your talking to a t.v. that can't answer.

Until there is a perminant fix to this problem, try this out, it work for most, but not everyone and not all the time.

Setting your status to host does help to fix this problem up, but only if the people you are trying to talk had their arena status set to host before you join the game.

This is what myself and the people I play with have been doing to get this feature working. After the host has created the game up(when game pops up on your t.v.) one person join and set their arena status to host. Once you see he is set as host the second person can join and then set their arena status to host and so on, until everyone is in the game.

I found this out thanks to my dodgy internet connection that keeps dropping out. I noticed I couldn't hear anyone while I was in a game, except the host, even if everyone had changed their status to host. My connection did its trick of dropping out on me and when I rejoined the game, presto, I could hear everyone that was set as host. Tonight I was playing with some of the DAF Clan and some of AKZ Clan and tested this theory out. It worked for most, some people were still unable to hear each other, but it's alot better then it has been.

Just remeber not to change your status to host until you are in the pregame lobby, otherwise you won't see the game at all.

If either yourself or the mate you have been trying to talk to were hosting the games that you have been trying to talk to him in. You have an entirely different problem.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

um u dont have to hold the white button or the DPad up botton down while u talk...itll shut itself off when ur done talking

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic