FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 multiple xbox's as servers through single gs View next topic
View previous topic
boowhup
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking for a cheapish option to be able to host multiple Xbox games (h2 and h1 predominantly) from a single location, and plugging in 4 Xbox's to my 54gs sounds like the best idea so far.

Once I have the kaid working, and specify multiple ConsoleMacs in the conf , is that all I have to do (apart from starting hosts on the xbox itself)

Is there any reason this wouldnt work. I have the xbox's and a few routers to play with, but would like a fairly robust setup (would love to figure out a way to get the xbox's to boot right into a game then start hosting - but thats probably asking too much).

I am going to set up one xbox tonight to get the basics down (I am currently stuck at work) then go from there, but any info on pitfalls or "you shouldnt bother because it isnt going to work due to..." would be helpful.
boowhup
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

when I say "all that I have to do" I mean "all that I have to do differently to getting a single xbox online through the gs" - thought it might help to clear that up Very Happy
cyborgas
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"you shouldnt bother because it isnt going to work due to..." kai itself.
One server at a time

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

boowhup @ Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:38 pm wrote:
I was looking for a cheapish option to be able to host multiple Xbox games (h2 and h1 predominantly) from a single location, and plugging in 4 Xbox's to my 54gs sounds like the best idea so far.

Once I have the kaid working, and specify multiple ConsoleMacs in the conf , is that all I have to do (apart from starting hosts on the xbox itself)

Is there any reason this wouldnt work. I have the xbox's and a few routers to play with, but would like a fairly robust setup (would love to figure out a way to get the xbox's to boot right into a game then start hosting - but thats probably asking too much).

I am going to set up one xbox tonight to get the basics down (I am currently stuck at work) then go from there, but any info on pitfalls or "you shouldnt bother because it isnt going to work due to..." would be helpful.

Hope you have a massive pipe in order to host multiple games on 1 connection. Rolling Eyes
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic