FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 New Tournament Website View next topic
View previous topic
XtremeGamer742
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a new tournament website in need of members..

Clans and individuals are welcome to join..The website is located here.

I know the layout is kinda plain, but with a little member help we can make it better..
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to say this but the words "doomed" and "to fail" spring to mind Confused

Needs a LOT more work, I mean it still has the default PHP nuke images and styles Rolling Eyes

Add that to the fact we dont need another tourney site around here and you dont have much else to go on Sad

Just a heads up Wink you could always go ahead and prove me wrong Evil or Very Mad

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
XtremeGamer742
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Needs a LOT more work, I mean it still has the default PHP nuke images and styles Rolling Eyes

I think I already stated this, did I not?

I know its just like the original layout and stuff, but as I said, with a little help from members, if we get any, then we will survive. That and the fact that this isn't just an X-Link tournament site..
nickpoop
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ya its ganna b hard for ur site to succed...theres already a ladder site and a tourney site...the only way i can see you getting this going is if you have something to offer that nobody else does...and ur site doesnt really go into detail about where the tourneys take place or anything

just give it some work cuase its not that convincing...sry lol
[MF]CrysNel
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck with it, though, you could always prove these guys wrong. Wink

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea, I know.

Actually I offer ladders and tournaments, I just don't have money to buy a program to keep track of the ladders and tournaments, so I am going to create a graph from scratch..

I did say where they are taking place, they are online in both XBConnect, and X-Link, and possibly soon, XBL.
MattMan
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

is it onlt fot Halo 2?

or is there some GR2 involved
^^^^^ if you need help with manageing it for GR2 i would be happy to help
XCondor
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Will you survive? It depends.. those who survive put a hell of a lot of effort in - those who dont, dont.. It's that simple..

I hope you do - of course.. and will be keeping an eye on how you do..

XC
MattMan
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you need GR2!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think he said he was ganna have an assortment of games in his tournement...idk how much help you got or time you got...but ur deffinatly ganna need to get more help
EyemUrXtc
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I shouldn't even comment....... but I will...

Honestly... to anyone out there that wants to do tourneys... either just contact WPH and suggest something or contact XboxClanTourneys.com (me) about the tourney you want to do on XLink Kai and I'm sure either of us will put your tourney up. My site is totally capable of giving you control of the tourneys you want to set up and everything with out giving you too much power to mess things up.

Check it out:
Http://xboxclantourneys.com -- Tourneys and now scheduled season matches.
http://www.weplayhere.net -- Leagues, Ladders, and Tourneys for every system supported on XLink

I already know that you are registered on my site (XCT) so seriously why try to start something else... Especially before its finished... The guys from DA tried to start up a tourney system on there site and I observed them with there system... And I told them that they could host it on my site and they were hesitant but after they decided they were very happy "that tourney was soo easy to run" they said. So honestly I think XLink is taken care of so far.

What they have so for Officially:

RainbowSix League – Takes care of all the needs of R6 players basically

Halo 2 Leagues – A foreigner that’s trying to get a league going.

XboxClanTourneys.com – My site that has 400+ members and has had 10+ tourneys within a month of being open.

WePlayHere.net – The Xlink Kai MAIN competition site run by former/current admins and mods of XLink with over 1000 members and with about 30 ladders/Leagues spanning from ps2 > GC > Xbox.

I may have missed some stuff but I think that’s all I’ve at least heard of.

You’ll be fishing in an empty pond I think. And if you support both XBC and XLink you'll get zero endorsements from either. For you, I recommend doing your site for just XBConnect since they don't have much over there. They have a tourney site that does stuff but it’s only for money tourneys... so their tourneys are sparse and I’ve heard that the guy who runs them isn’t too nice about things.

My tourney site is in the process of contacting MLG and arranging something to do with them using our service for there free tourney and such, or at the at the least I’ll have my admins with LIVE go and contact them and let them know so that we have some more good competition. XCT is also starting our season of scheduled matches for Halo2.

This might sound like a slap in the face... but I'm basically offering my site to you for your uses whenever you want to run a tourney... so I'm kind of helping you out... That was the initial intention of my site anyways... to do the tourneys that people wanted... and that has turned into Halo2 with modified MLG rules… so that’s what we got. Anyways... its freakin' 4am .. Time for bed. Good times...

--edit: you guys are so critical. Lol…but yeah I read it over and didn’t’ understand it either. lol

Last edited by EyemUrXtc on Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[_Dp_]~Jonny~ @ Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:05 am wrote:
I shouldn't even comment....... but I will... Honestly... to anyone out there that wants to do tourneys.... either jstu contact WPH and suggest something or contact XboxClanTourneys.com (me) about the tourney you want to do on XLink Kai and I'm sure either of us will put your tourney up. My site is totally capable of giving you control of the tourneys you want me to set up and everything wiht out giving you power to mess things up. Check it out. Http://xboxclantourneys.com also.. go to http://weplayhere.net both are good at what they do. I already know that you are registered on my site (XCT) so seriously why try to start something else... Espesially before its finished... The guys from DA tried to start up a tourney system on ther site and i observed them wiht theere system.. and i told them taht they could host it on my site and there were hesitent but after the desided they were all very happy "soo easy to run" they said. So honestly I thin XLink is taken care of so far. theres a R6 league site, halo2 league site, general xbox clan tourney site, and a dedicated ladder and leage site for all systems. you'll be fishing in an empty pond i think. And if you support both XBC and XLink you'll get zero endoursements from either. For you, I recommend doing yoru site for jsut XBConnect since they don't have much over there. they have a toureny site that does stuff but its only for money tourenys.. so they are sparse. my tourney site is in the poccess of contacting MLG and aranging something to do with them using our service for there free toureny and such.. along with starting our season 1 for halo2 with 2 divisions. Not to mention WPH having about 7 different types of ladders and leagues. This might sound liek a slap in the face... but I'm basicly offering my site to you for your uses whenever you want to run a tourney... so I'm kinda helping you out... That was the initial intention of my site.. was to do the tourenys taht people wanted... and that ahs turned into Halo2 with modified MLG rules.. so thats what we got. Anyways... its freakin' 4am .. time for bed. good times...

OMG Jonny, can we say paragraph(s)? Very Happy

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk @ Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:43 pm wrote:
[_Dp_]~Jonny~ @ Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:05 am wrote:
I shouldn't even comment....... but I will... Honestly... to anyone out there that wants to do tourneys.... either jstu contact WPH and suggest something or contact XboxClanTourneys.com (me) about the tourney you want to do on XLink Kai and I'm sure either of us will put your tourney up. My site is totally capable of giving you control of the tourneys you want me to set up and everything wiht out giving you power to mess things up. Check it out. Http://xboxclantourneys.com also.. go to http://weplayhere.net both are good at what they do. I already know that you are registered on my site (XCT) so seriously why try to start something else... Espesially before its finished... The guys from DA tried to start up a tourney system on ther site and i observed them wiht theere system.. and i told them taht they could host it on my site and there were hesitent but after the desided they were all very happy "soo easy to run" they said. So honestly I thin XLink is taken care of so far. theres a R6 league site, halo2 league site, general xbox clan tourney site, and a dedicated ladder and leage site for all systems. you'll be fishing in an empty pond i think. And if you support both XBC and XLink you'll get zero endoursements from either. For you, I recommend doing yoru site for jsut XBConnect since they don't have much over there. they have a toureny site that does stuff but its only for money tourenys.. so they are sparse. my tourney site is in the poccess of contacting MLG and aranging something to do with them using our service for there free toureny and such.. along with starting our season 1 for halo2 with 2 divisions. Not to mention WPH having about 7 different types of ladders and leagues. This might sound liek a slap in the face... but I'm basicly offering my site to you for your uses whenever you want to run a tourney... so I'm kinda helping you out... That was the initial intention of my site.. was to do the tourenys taht people wanted... and that ahs turned into Halo2 with modified MLG rules.. so thats what we got. Anyways... its freakin' 4am .. time for bed. good times...

OMG Jonny, can we say paragraph(s)? Very Happy

Well it was 4am so I guess he can be forgiven...

But ive read it twice now and I still have no idea what any of it means, its like looking at a huge block of HEX or something Shocked

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
EyemUrXtc
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol... i dont' remember writting half of that. lol

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As it says in the FAQs, more games will be added as more members begin to join.
EyemUrXtc
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

..... both XboxClanTourneys.com and WPH are both supportive of all games...

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes but they were added as more people joined..

Plus they have a program for their ladders and stuff, I don't..
nickpoop
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wouldnt having a program for there ladders (which has been succesful) be a plus---rather than a custom one never tested out yet
EyemUrXtc
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Xtreme i don't think yoru geting the point... I'm offering you the ability to rally a bunch of friends together and have a private or public tourney on yoru site.. for whatever game you want... if you don't want taht service... good luck trying to get something off the ground.. because I couldn't have done anything wihtout Funk or Taz's help and since you are supporting multi tunneling systems I doubt they will endourse you like they did for me.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just because I started a tournament/ladder website doesn't mean that we're gonna fail..WPH.Net might have alot of members but only a few of those members are active every day..Besides, you don't even own your own tournament service, besides the one that had the XCT layout ripped..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic