View previous topic
sherman8r
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? Yes
Are you using a port-forward? No
Is your console being detected? No
Brief description of your network setup (include model numbers):Laptop is connected to Linksys WRT54G wireless router/hotspot thing. The PSP wirelessly connects to the router too.
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? Yes, the standard firewall from Windows XP SP2. Allo Xlink Kai programs have been unblocked.
Operating System? Windows XP SP2
Problem description? The PSP will not be detected by the program. Note that this is while in NFL Street 2 Unleashed, in the head-to-head interface mode. It has been able to access the router in other situtations, however. I probably need to use port forwarding but I don't know what ports the program runs on.

COPY AND PASTE CONTENTS OF kaiUserConfig.txt HERE
[KaiUserConfig]
kaiUsername=!
kaiPassword=!
kaiPort=0
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=LOCAL
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=0
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomeBrew=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default
XbcSharpShooter
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You need either of these 2 configureations

1. PSP Wirelessly connected to your wireless card on your computer. Then your computer hard wired to your router. then your router is hard wired to your modem.

2. PSP wirelessly connected to your router, then your router is hard wired to your Computer, and your modem.

For the 2nd option you need to run this firmware on your router http://www.angelfire.com/trek/ahman/

sherman8r
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you. I tried a whole mess of things, and something must have worked along the road. I think it might be that I wireless connected my computer to the PSP, or Ahman's router software. Don't know, but thanks.
maggkrabar
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Is your network reachable? Yes
Are you using a port-forward? No

Quote:

I probably need to use port forwarding but I don't know what ports the program runs on.

I think when U are reachable, U do not need port forwarding.

Quote:

There is no possible route between PSP and KAI Engine Listening for PSP activity, i.e. KAI cannot detect PSP because cannot receive activity of PSP.
If U are using Auto settings for PSP I think KAI will never get PSP activity.

Example:

A.B.x.x and C.D.x.x are possible Local IPs. Gateway of A.B and C.D. is Router IP.

Router will route all packages from local IPs to other local IPs or to Internet. Local IPs will get packages using subnet mask.

1:
Laptor -> Router IP: A.B.x.x
subnetmask: 255.255.0.0
Gateway: Your Router IP

PSP -> Router IP: A.B.x.x

That is OK. Router will route all packages of subnet A.B.x.x and KAI will "see" PSP

It is not sure that PSP and Laptop are in same subnet by Default.

Example:

2:
Laptor -> Router IP: A.B.x.x

PSP -> Router IP: C.D.x.x

That is wrong. Router will route A.B.x.x to other A.B.x.x subnet IPs or to remote/internet IPs. Router also will route C.D.x.x to other C.D.x.x subnet IPs or to remote/internet IPs. i.e. Laptop will access Internet, PSP will accsess Internet and You think all is OK. But Laptop will never "take a look" at PSP, because A.B.x.x subnet can "take a look" only to other A.B.x.x subnet IPs(subnet mask is 255.255.0.0) via Router Gateway and C.D.x.x subnet can "take a look" only to other C.D.x.x subnet IPs(subnet mask is 255.255.0.0) via Router Gateway.

You need static IP settings for PSP and LAN->router adapter on Laptor. And those settings must be at same subnet: A.B.x.x 255.255.0.0 or C.D.x.x 255.255.0.0

Check what static settings U can make first to PSP(try manual calculator found at forums). Then set Local Laptop LAN adapter with those A.B.x.x and for gateway set Router IP.

Plz, post Network Settings For PSP and Local LAN Laptop adapter and Your route Table.

Try this
go to start/run/cmd.exe
Then type "route print", right mouse button->mark then hit Enter and paste at Notepad. That is Your route table that shows possible packages routes.
maggkrabar
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Huhhh, sorry...
I forgot that:

IPs of PSP and Laptor Local LAN cannot be the same. At least one digit of IP must be defferent or U will get an IP error message

Set Laptop Local LAN last digit "x" from 10 to 254(but not 255!)no metter what, but be carefull do not double with PSP IP

Possible IP range:

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (10/8 prefix)
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (172.16/12 prefix)
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)

You cannot use x.255.255.255 IP settings, they are system

check here

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1918.html
http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm
http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Other_Articles/Win2K_Tips/DHCP_QuickBoot/DHCP_QuickBoot.htm

check in that tools what is correct local IP, DHCP, DNS, Route, Sharing status, but do not change anyting if U dont know what doing.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic