Installing XLink Kai on ChromeOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Installing XLink Kai on a Chromebook is a straight forward process with a few requirements:
- A user account with developer mode rights
- ~2 GB of HDD Space
- An internet connection. A wired network is preferred for stable gameplay. Using a cell phone hotspot is extremely discouraged.
- A Supported Network Setup. If playing Original Xbox or Xbox 360 games your PC/Laptop can NOT be fully wireless unless the console is wired directly to the PC/laptop!
This guide assumes you have already signed up for an XLink account and have completed the registration and consent process.
Setting up the Linux Dev Environment on Chrome OS
- Open up the Settings Menu of your Chromebook and navigate to
Advanced > Developer Options
- Click the Turn on button for the Linux Development Environment and then click Next
- Set your disk space and username then hit Install
- Wait for the Linux VM to install
Installing XLink Kai on Chrome OS
- Open up the Terminal Application on your Chromebook
- Also, Open the Web Browser and go to https://dist.teamxlink.co.uk/
- Paste the script under Install our signing key and repository into your terminal and press enter
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xlinkkai -yand press enter
sudo kaiengineand press enter
- Navigate to http://127.0.0.1:34522/ and happy gaming!