Installing XLink Kai on ChromeOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Installing XLink Kai on a Chromebook is a straight forward process with a few requirements:
- A user account with developer mode rights
- ~2 GB of HDD Space
- An internet connection. A wired network is preferred for stable gameplay. Using a cell phone hotspot is extremely discouraged.
- A Supported Network Setup.
This guide assumes you have already signed up for an XLink account and have completed the registration and consent process.
Setting up the Linux Dev Environment on Chrome OS
- Open up the Settings Menu of your Chromebook and navigate to
Advanced > Developer Options
- Click the Turn on button for the Linux Development Environment and then click Next
- Set your disk space and username then hit Install
- Wait for the Linux VM to install
Installing XLink Kai on Chrome OS
- Open up the Terminal Application on your Chromebook
- Also, Open the Web Browser and go to https://repo.teamxlink.co.uk/
- Paste the script under New method into your terminal and press enter
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xlinkkai -yand press enter
sudo kaiengineand press enter
- Navigate to http://127.0.0.1:34522/ and happy gaming!